Is Stealth nerfed here?

I have char that is now GM Hiding and GM Stealth. Wearing nothing but regular clothes (also tried naked), I can only move 4 steps.

Am I missing something or is Stealth uber-nerfed here? On OSI I believe you could move roughly 8 steps.

Could it have to do with my Stats? I'm at only 25 Dex with 100 Str and 100 Int, after reading that Dex does not affect GM Stealth... but maybe it does?

Follow up question - should I drop Tracking and/or Detect Hidden on my thief? I've read both skills work fairly well with 0 skill points.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Stealth should be fine with only clothes and at GM shouldn't fail unless walking over someone or something.

For armor- this shard is tougher than OSI/EA. Here you can only wear armor up to like 10 resist in order to not randomly fail your stealth check. Again I don't believe it matters what time of armor (I wear a single piece of ring mail) just not above 10.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Stealth should be fine with only clothes and at GM shouldn't fail unless walking over someone or something.

For armor- this shard is tougher than OSI/EA. Here you can only wear armor up to like 10 resist in order to not randomly fail your stealth check. Again I don't believe it matters what time of armor (I wear a single piece of ring mail) just not above 10.

Someone can confirm? I also remeber max 10 AR with 100 stealh = 0 fail

limlight

Grandmaster
IMO, stealth is nerfed here. Sure you never fail a check at 80. But you are auto revealed constantly on this shard anywhere in any dungeon it seems. It makes a thief on this shard at a champ ******** and lame to play cause you get revealed constantly.

thestand

Grandmaster
IMO, stealth is nerfed here. Sure you never fail a check at 80. But you are auto revealed constantly on this shard anywhere in any dungeon it seems. It makes a thief on this shard at a champ ******** and lame to play cause you get revealed constantly.
I believe auto reveal is only at champ spawn areas. Leaving the rest of the dungeons just fine for stealth chars. You'll also have to stay away from Christmas monsters to keep them from revealing you.

drasked

Grandmaster

Never had this problem, some champ bosses and holiday mobs will reveal but that's about it.

Stealth on this shard is way better than any other shard i have ever played.

Last edited by a moderator: