Is this provo tamer build spread too thin? Please critique!

fingerfoods

Neophyte
Hey everyone,

I am a vet that started playing on Chesapeake just before UO second age but haven't played in about 5 years. I have been thinking about starting a provo tamer first to make some money to buy a house and I would love for you all to critique my build I am planning.

120 Taming
100 Animal Lore
100 Musicianship
100 Provoke
92 Magery (enough to 100% cast for 6th circle spells while still allowing me to cast 8th circle 30% of the time)
80 Veterinary (enough to res my pet and with 100 lore get decent heals)
79 Magic Resist (enough to resist spells 33% of the time from attacks against someone with 100 magery)
49 Meditation (Not much but I don't plan on doing much fighting with this char)

100 Str 25 Dex 100 Int

Please let me know if you think I am spread too thin or if this looks OK

the stever

Master
You will eventually want 120 lore if you want meta pets. I would drop resist. Mobs will be targeting your pets or will be provoked so you don't need resist

the stever

Master
Also, (you probally know this but) peacemaking helps with training animal taming. You can then drop peacemakng later.

Lexington

Grandmaster
681f84dd333b7453217e215f52b7a3d8.png

This is the build you want to make money.

fingerfoods

Neophyte
Thank you for the advice everyone. I do know about peacemaking for easier taming skill gain (currently at 90). However I am worried with zero resist will I have a tough time in dungeons or does resist only really matter for PvP?

Lexington

Grandmaster
Thank you for the advice everyone. I do know about peacemaking for easier taming skill gain (currently at 90). However I am worried with zero resist will I have a tough time in dungeons or does resist only really matter for PvP?

Resist does matter but you'll get good at making sure your pet takes the argo.... and if not you have provoke to fall back on.

As for the PVP... it's not really going to matter wither you have 100 resist and or 0, cause it won't really help a provo tamer against PKs, so use those points to raise your provoke and lore to 120.