Isn't it funny when....

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
You watch a large guild running blue tamers do the harrower and the barracoon spawn right in a row and then one of the guild members doing the spawns runs by your house idocing and says to you "you got a lot of money right?" I respond " i have my bases covered but i'm not rich." And they reply something about trying to finish walls on a house and use their non gm begging skills for money. In which you reply, aren't you in a big guild that has tons of money and loot?' And then they just scamper off.
I won't name names, but come on that shit's hilarious. ;) Hey big guild, help your homies out i guess heh.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You watch a large guild running blue tamers do the harrower and the barracoon spawn right in a row and then one of the guild members doing the spawns runs by your house idocing and says to you "you got a lot of money right?" I respond " i have my bases covered but i'm not rich." And they reply something about trying to finish walls on a house and use their non gm begging skills for money. In which you reply, aren't you in a big guild that has tons of money and loot?' And then they just scamper off.
I won't name names, but come on that shit's hilarious. ;) Hey big guild, help your homies out i guess heh.

Everyone has this infatuation about being rich in the game, filling their houses with pixelated vanity, wearing items so bright that one could easily get flash burns *a common issue with inexperienced welders* that the majority of them lose track to what Ultima Online is really about. I have known countless thieves who have become 'rich' over night only to shelf their build, make a new build and quit a few months later.

Gold is not the be all and end all of Ultima Online, freedom, long term friendships and having the privilege of gracing the grounds of this game with its very long history is what I consider wealth in this legendary piece of software.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Agreed. I just want money for pvp gear myself> Hell during the very first Brittania trash clean up when the very first bless deeds came out for weapons i sold my dreamcast and plethora of games, and bought an indestructable supremely accurate katana of vanquishing. For 400 usd cash. A couple months of mowing down every person i fought solo and then some. I finally killed the one pk mage at bucs who was owning me for a couple weeks. sold my katana for ten million and then dropped gold all over bucs den bank, got my account suspended and quit uo for a while. FELT GREat lol.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
and before you say FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR SOME PIXELS. The dreamcast and million and one games and accessories i sold were actually all STOLEN. You know that period of adolescence where you learn stealing videogames is super easy so you go on a spree and load up like crazy, then enjoy your fantasy and give it all back as self penance. AH THE LIFE OF A THIEF. ;)

Darkarna

Grandmaster
and before you say FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR SOME PIXELS. The dreamcast and million and one games and accessories i sold were actually all STOLEN. You know that period of adolescence where you learn stealing videogames is super easy so you go on a spree and load up like crazy, then enjoy your fantasy and give it all back as self penance. AH THE LIFE OF A THIEF. ;)

Why do you feel the need to defend yourself here? If you enjoy something and consider it a hobby of sorts then man, spend $100,000 on an item and screw what the rest think. Your money, your time, your life, if someone is green with envy because of this then perhaps they should seek out life lessons which better their lifestyle choices.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Not so defensive, just sounds so ludicrous. Felt good to just throw money away for great entertainment though. Thanks.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Everyone has this infatuation about being rich in the game, filling their houses with pixelated vanity, wearing items so bright that one could easily get flash burns *a common issue with inexperienced welders* that the majority of them lose track to what Ultima Online is really about. I have known countless thieves who have become 'rich' over night only to shelf their build, make a new build and quit a few months later.

Gold is not the be all and end all of Ultima Online, freedom, long term friendships and having the privilege of gracing the grounds of this game with its very long history is what I consider wealth in this legendary piece of software.

I thought Ultima Online was about shitting on noobs and showing em who's boss.. must have played this game wrong for all these yearz.

Inflames

Master
I thought Ultima Online was about shitting on noobs and showing em who's boss.. must have played this game wrong for all these yearz.
you have its about shiting on people with egos and watching their heads explode. whats the fun in killing noobs or shooting fish in a barrel

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
@Inflames Pardon me, i truly forgot to hashtag SARC I dont think ive actually called somebody a noob in 15 plus years. BUT COME ON PWNING NOOBS BABY!! just feels right tosay.... ;)

Uofreakkk

Adept
I play the game as a past time now. The days of Ultima Online being fresh and new for me died in the 90s with AOL, Dial-up & ICQ. I'd say I went through Phases playing this game. Started off as a Pvmer for the first few years with some mild pvp, then Started getting really into pvp for a couple years and now I'm at the point where Pvm is a more casual thing were I don't have to have 3 accounts online, stocked and ready to fight at a moments notice.

My main goal isn't really to make friends in this game because within the 17 years of playing uo even the most trusted person you know can and will stab you in the back without thinking twice. So pretty much my end game Goal now on free servers is to just be rich and make my characters and house look cool and if I make friends cool if not w/e.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Two threads, one poll.... Man, how over-used is that comment I just made.. Best make a poll...

Indeed! To the polls!

Can we be the dynamic duo of polls? I call Pollman! You can be Pollbin... this sounded better in my head...