Items 'disappear' in cellar

AlyM

Grandmaster
I have been working on making my cellar look nice,as right now its just a big empty blob. I have been locking down a variety of items to make a design, including gold coins and rares. However, when I leave and come back, most of these items are gone. Most commonly, the gold is gone.
You might be thinking - Oh you didn't lock it down... But I did...
And it's still there. All I have to do is turn on scavenger, put the item in question on scavenger, and then just sit there until it "pulls" it from under the house back to where it was originally. That seems really weird.

Does anyone remember the times I lost a locked down chest that had 30million in dono items?

I HAVE A FEELING THATS WHERE IT WENT.
:(
(Sadly, I didn't know about this... and since have demolished the house it was in... and never got that chest back. I'm still sour.]

Can this be fixed... D: (And if we can find out where these hidden things hide, ... well probably that chest decayed but I still wanna look :( ]

If I can figure it out, I'll post a video. I don't know if my boyfriend's computer has that fancy tools... if it does then I will.

Edit:: Not all of the lost items came back. I locked down multiple piles of dono/silver/plat/trash tokens to see how the colors looked and they're all gone. All the gold piles appear to have returned. All the items also returned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
I lost a strobe lantern through the floor once. I paged and JoeB told me to customize to see if it comes back. Being new to cellar ownership, he forgot and I didn't realize the entire contents of my cellar would be booted out. He messaged Carl who came and retrieved my lantern (oddly enough it made the lantern unblessed and default hue which was kind of cool, actually) and it only took him ten seconds to recover it for me. He stayed and bitched me out for ten minutes for customizing with a cellar full of shit.

It wasn't even an inconvenience for him which was the best part. The thing fell through the floor anyway, all customizing did was boot my shit into a moving crate after the fact.

Man, those were good times. Fuck Carl. Fuck that guy hard.

On a more related note, if you demolished the house that chest is toast. Shitty :(

AlyM

Grandmaster
I paged like 3 times about that chest and nobody ever looked. Everyone told me 'you just didn't lock it down'
Now that's bullshit, because I know I did
I got in so much trouble with my boyfriend

I quit this game, and haven't played fully since. All I do now is petty decorations, nothing good.
I'm so frustrated with that kind of thing, and now I know what happened it is just so frustrating that it could have been retrieved.

Is there a way to prevent my shit from falling through the floor?

On an unrelated note, I'm sitting here sharpening a large kitchen knife.
I swear I'm just cutting pork loin

Bromista

Grandmaster
As far as I know the only way to prevent it is to put items on top of other items. Seems that the bottom layer is the problem layer.

I have never lost anything that was put on tables. Actually the only incident I ever had was that lantern.

AlyM

Grandmaster
Now I'm just pissed. I thought going into cust mode would kick things that weren't locked down out and wouldn't kick the locked down stuff out... wrong it kicked everything out. Now I can't get shit out of my moving crate and my house lockdowns are messed up. I can't lock anything down because the moving crate stuff is doubling the lock downs.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I think something like this should be a bit more publicly noticed. In fact any bug of this level of losing items that you shouldn't be losing should be addressed in some fashion.

AlyM

Grandmaster
I did figure out how to get the stuff out of the moving crate. It was 'locked down' (doubling the amount of lockdowns it was taking), so I just 'unlocked' the items (some required 'releasing' multiple times before actually releasing).

So far I haven't lost too much, now that I know the bugs involved. I hope other people though see this or learn before they lose items.