Just installed win10 installed UOF client says need .NET 4.7.2 to launch after install and cant install it what do i do now?

drakar

Neophyte
as the title says i installed the UOF launcher and client, installed successfully and now it says I need the .NET 4.7.2 specifically and I have a later version and cant install the previous 4.7.2 so what the heck do I do now?

drakar

Neophyte
hmm, how do i upload a screenshot? it says to me tho, when i try and install 4.7.2 that "the .NET framework is not supported on this operating system". I am using windows 10, fresh install.. idk but the weird thing is ive just been using the old hard drives files to play lol, but idk why it wont let me use the new install from the uof launcher, whatever i got it working just thru other means

Oh, and also when i try and launch razor/uo from the new UOF launcher, it says I need 4.7.2 yet when I just simply launch razor my old install it works fine lol. Thats a strange one how would I need something I dont truly really need if it works fine without it...

Tony-

Administrator
Staff member
You can download something like "Greenshot" which will allow you to select an area of the screen when you hit the print screen button, and allow you to upload to imgur and paste that link in here.

Are you sure you're using windows 10? There shouldn't be an issue installing 4.7.2 on windows 10. Windows 7 and 8 it is not compatible with... the minimum is 8.1.

Otherwise, I've seen some of the .net frameworks get screwed up after an upgrade from another windows version. But, a fresh install of windows 10 with all of your windows updates installed, you won't even need to download the framework.. usually just works straight out of the box.

drakar

Neophyte
yeah i agree it should just work... i have no clue why it didnt. I wish I could tell you how I got it working with the new client, but it IS working fine now... and yeah windows 10, never had problems before with a new install... no clue, a few days later after installing some other things and now it works fine. maybe one of these other programs jump started an idiosyncracy in the machine idk, I find the weirdest bugs with installing things. Nothing ever works properly for me honestly lol.

drakar

Neophyte
ill be honest with you this also was the very first time i was able to get the new client to work at all lol. Always had some strange error or another and I just figured the bugs were not worked out yet so i didnt bother to post a query on it and gave up, by the way ive been playing since the beginning on and off so i just use the original client ive had since way back then usually. Unfortunately with that old client tho you cant go to the auction or any added areas or see power scrolls ID tags. Anyways tho happy i finally got it working so smooth it runs, very cool and awesome stuff! thanks guys!