Kingdom shields

ton loc

Master
will there be kingdom specific shields/logos etc? Would be cool if it's not already planned. Maybe spell channeling? I mean the only reason people join o/c are for the shields as it is. so if this isn't a thing, it definitely should be. That would be super cool.

@Adam @Shane @eppy @halygon

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
No spell channeling.

This is just a mage's argument to try and subvert the game mechanics to place themselves back on top.

I do like the kingdom specific shields though; sweet idea.

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
I like the idea of sc sheilds as well, would make it so there were more templates available.

Doubt it will happen though ^^

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I'm sure it's a complete coincidence that the most popular mage players in the forum have come to defend spell channeling shields; the one thing that could save them from the axes that chop them in half.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with kingdom shields being infinitely cheaper than a full set of invul leather.

#NoSpellChannel

halygon

Grandmaster
will there be kingdom specific shields/logos etc? Would be cool if it's not already planned. Maybe spell channeling? I mean the only reason people join o/c are for the shields as it is. so if this isn't a thing, it definitely should be. That would be super cool.

@Adam @Shane @eppy @halygon
We have talked about how different kingdoms can be uniquely identified. The shields is kinda a cool idea, it brings back the old order/chaos feel.

I think though to @Rikket_The_Rogue's point, to prevent it changing pvp mechanics, if they were spell channelling, they would have to be aethetic only. If they provide any AR or parry capabilities, they would need to be removed prior to casting spells.

Good ideas though, keep them coming.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
We have talked about how different kingdoms can be uniquely identified. The shields is kinda a cool idea, it brings back the old order/chaos feel.

I think though to @Rikket_The_Rogue's point, to prevent it changing pvp mechanics, if they were spell channelling, they would have to be aethetic only. If they provide any AR or parry capabilities, they would need to be removed prior to casting spells.

Good ideas though, keep them coming.

Shield design competition; making coat-of-arms for town specific shields. <3

toddyboi

Master
Spell channeling seems abit silly, you would definitely have to take 100 skill points away if you wanted it. Though normal mana regeneration with a shield on would be cool!

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Shields give a max of 50 AR pro rated on how much tactics and parry you have.
200 total = 50
100 total = 25
50 total = 12.5
We get build diversity. Sacrifice something to get something.

Also add spell channeling to magic shields as a possible attribute to not give an unfair advantage to kingdom players.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Spell Channel shields come with a decent chance to spell reflect spells right?

Or is this a mage only buff, because "reasons"? What is your thinking as to the need of the buff?

I'm curious as to what template you have in mind if this buff comes through (#NoSpellChannel, #NoManaShields)?

How come this spell channel shield talk is coming up after axers have been found to dom mages?

What balance fixes do you have for how this effects dexxers?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Spell Channel shields come with a decent chance to spell reflect spells right?

Or is this a mage only buff, because "reasons"? What is your thinking as to the need of the buff?

I'm curious as to what template you have in mind if this buff comes through (#NoSpellChannel, #NoManaShields)?

How come this spell channel shield talk is coming up after axers have been found to dom mages?

What balance fixes do you have for how this effects dexxers?

No spell channel does not reflect any spells.

With a parry tactics requirement it is more a dexer buff than mage although really its not a buff at all and more of a new template option.

Templates would be 5x mage parry tactics for max or about 10 different combos involving only one and another skill.. ex. Tank mage.

For dexer they would get the 25 just for having tactics and if they add parry get full 50.

This has nothing to do with lj and has been brought up before the lj buff.

The balance is built in. You give up on offense (stun high damage pots) for defense (extra AR) which is something that can alway be achieved through items but if you want to give up skill points you can get it for cheap.

For someone who loves battle bard you seem to be dead set against build diversity. Why?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
For someone who loves battle bard you seem to be dead set against build diversity. Why?

I'm all for diversity.

I'm against buffing mages; which is mostly what SC shields are. All that would really create are higher diversity.... of mages. And this has only come up because of axers, and the other mage-whine thread complaining about AR and LJ dmg failed. AR from invul leather was tested, and found to be very effective.

We have tank-mages, and they are currently one of the better things to take against an axer; not the best, but certainly better than a pure mage.

As for battle bards, I'd like to use discordance in PvP, have Discordance able to be raised above GM (there is no Discordance PS), and have access to magical dragon plate armor.

Unbreakable, blessed (cause spell books are blessed) Fire Horns would be pretty slick too! :)

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
The balance is built in. You give up on offense (stun high damage pots) for defense (extra AR) which is something that can alway be achieved through items but if you want to give up skill points you can get it for cheap.

wouldn't they do more wrestling damage if they added tactics? damage bonus and defense bonus

TheFallen

Grandmaster
wouldn't they do more wrestling damage if they added tactics? damage bonus and defense bonus
150% of 1 is maybe 2.... i dont think were gonna see a rush of wresltin mages killing ppl with punches.
They key is that if this was added it needs to be a hard decision whether or not you want this skill in your template (ie. arms lore for meta dexxer) if the ar bonus is right this would be a viable option but certainly not be the only option.