Lock picking the only way to open paragon chests?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Kinda. Chests that drop off high end mobs need to be opened by lockpickers. Lower end chests, from like ettins and stuff, can be opened with the spell Unlock

jixjax

Novice
I tried getting a monster to walk over the box and it didn't work... Although I 'pulled' them onto it by putting them in combat.

Do they need to not be in combat?

jixjax

Novice
Hmm. I'll have to keep trying. I put in their direct path and they appeared to walk on it, but it looked like they just walked right over it (not around or breaking the box).

halygon

Grandmaster
Idk man, maybe they changed it (seriously doubt it). Maybe someone who has done it recently can chime in.

Also, if you really need to, I can pick most paragon chests. I got Lockpicking at 98 so there are a couple I can't pick. There are also a ton of trustworthy ppl that are GM who will unlock em for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riversilk

Master
Idk man, maybe they changed it (seriously doubt it). Maybe someone who has done it recently can chime in.

Also, if you really need to, I can pick most paragon chests. I got Lockpicking at 98 so there are a couple I can't pick. There are also a ton of trustworthy ppl that are GM who will unlock em for free.

Actually you can't open any level 5 chests (wyrms/balron/greater blood/etc) till you are GM lockpick.
Moreover, having 95 skill (which is attainable with unattended macroing) lets you open chests up to 4, so you got 99% of lockpickers who can open lvl 4 chests and just some spare lockpicker who can open lvl 5... that sucks i know, even more if i think i'm still 97 :(

halygon

Grandmaster
Actually you can't open any level 5 chests (wyrms/balron/greater blood/etc) till you are GM lockpick.
Moreover, having 95 skill (which is attainable with unattended macroing) lets you open chests up to 4, so you got 99% of lockpickers who can open lvl 4 chests and just some spare lockpicker who can open lvl 5... that sucks i know, even more if i think i'm still 97 :(
Ah.. Good info. Dungeon chests are different though. I know for a fact that a few on my list became available right after I hit 97.

berticus

Grandmaster
I open whatever you need for free. Just let me put hands on your chest :D

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

Tim Blockman

Neophyte

This isn't true. I am at mid-95 (shown) lockpicking and I have opened Lvl 5 paragon and treasure chests. It can take quite a few attempts, but it's certainly possible.

Riversilk

Master
there is not level 6... if you are referring to the treasure map inside, then that's a level 5 paragon chest.
Paragon chest lvl 1 -> treasure map lvl 2 and so on.

berticus

Grandmaster
ah, well you can't pick the last tier of paragons without being gm. pretty much solid on that. i misread at work, showing the nubbishness.
rotting corpse, titans, efreet, etc can't be picked without gm picking. if you need one done holler at me. yall have a good weekend