LONG time UO vet... here to check it out!

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
What's up UOF,

I'm Ansem. I started playing UO in 1998 on OSI, played Baja, Great Lakes... you know the story. I made a lot of flash movies during the time and helped my friend Matt create a lot of the WTFman movies like this one http://www.wtfman.com/flash/commovie.htm also was the sole author and creator of the FTW guild series http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/386643

Anyway, so Baja and GL from like 98-03' then stopped playing until I found UOG: uoforever in like 2003ish? played that until I found ABCUO in the same year and played ABCUO actively from 2003-2010ish

Here to see if the content lives up to the hype, through all my searching never quite found a game like UOP and happy to try it again.. I'm sure with so many faces around here someone will recognize me.... when i picked up this game i was just a kid... now im a married man with kids and shit lol.

I play this game to PVP. Looking at running Alchy mage and stun.... what's the most popular template?

I know it's a lot of info (sorry) but im just excited to get into the action... see ya all around!

-Ansem

Also, if anyone is on league I have two accounts in diamond D5/D2

parsnip

Grandmaster
Welcome to UOF!

I don't PvP much (at all) but from what I understand, stun-mages are particularly popular. Alchemy then adds a nice extra bit of offence. Healing and inscription are also good options if you want to be a little more defensive.

Send me a PM (need 10 posts) or give me a shout on IRC if you need a hand getting started (Full spellbook, runebooks, etc).

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Welcome Sir, thank you for reminding me of Wtfman.com, it has been a considerable amount of time since I visited there, I have also just reminded myself of the flash movies there. Over-dose on nostalgia....

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
I remember LoD! Legion of Doom right?

So anyway, I got my first character (for money making) archer bard almost 7x.... but any homies out there wanna spare some coin so I can get this alchy mage/ stun/scribe up and running so i can start putting in work in the field? just need enough for like a small house and some regs... ill do the rest ;)

Anyone that helps while I am new gets my full support once I am powerful.

I'm on the IRC

parsnip

Grandmaster
AnsemUO said:

So anyway, I got my first character (for money making) archer bard almost 7x.... but any homies out there wanna spare some coin so I can get this alchy mage/ stun/scribe up and running so i can start putting in work in the field? just need enough for like a small house and some regs... ill do the rest ;)

I'm on the IRC

Give me a shout on IRC when you are online, I'll help you get up and running :)

temujin

Master
AnsemUO said:

I'm on the IRC
U cuda asked me mate lol

*+Jigs+*

Neophyte
First off welcome to the server. Second I'm pretty sure I know your running partner back on Baja. His RLname is Matt goebel and I'm having troubles remembering his usernames. Did he run around with swords with dp on them? Always a prick and briefed everyone he could? Third do you remember the healer/Mage Weavel? He was the first original healer Mage on baja. I know this because I was working at ocean spray with him in 1999 when he came up with his ideal template.

Your name is rather familiar but I cannot place you like I can't say I actually remember you but perhaps you remember me. I was in Death Jesters with my fencer jiggles. I read an earlier comment about bad names. I think mine is worse lol. Back when DSL was the best thing money could buy. I was stuck on aol dial up.

Anyways welcome to the shard!

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
Jon aka temujin, I saw your pm as soon as you sent it but couldn't reply but didn't have 10 posts. I still need help I almost have two characters 7x'd but the best way to hit me up is on here (I think I got 10 posts now) or I'm always idling the shard IRC now

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
Btw you remember akasha? He hit me up apparently he plays here as well. He wants to roll in a small guild

temujin

Master
Yer mate I remember akasha, ill be on in like 10 hours from now, ul probably b asleep but I can chuck u sum gold if u log in lol

thechemicals

Apprentice
AnsemUO said:
What's up UOF,

I'm Ansem. I started playing UO in 1998 on OSI, played Baja, Great Lakes... you know the story. I made a lot of flash movies during the time and helped my friend Matt create a lot of the WTFman movies like this one http://www.wtfman.com/flash/commovie.htm also was the sole author and creator of the FTW guild series http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/386643

Anyway, so Baja and GL from like 98-03' then stopped playing until I found UOG: uoforever in like 2003ish? played that until I found ABCUO in the same year and played ABCUO actively from 2003-2010ish

Here to see if the content lives up to the hype, through all my searching never quite found a game like UOP and happy to try it again.. I'm sure with so many faces around here someone will recognize me.... when i picked up this game i was just a kid... now im a married man with kids and shit lol.

I play this game to PVP. Looking at running Alchy mage and stun.... what's the most popular template?

I know it's a lot of info (sorry) but im just excited to get into the action... see ya all around!

-Ansem

Also, if anyone is on league I have two accounts in diamond D5/D2

I ran with wtfman with Stiles and Vader on atlantic, during the last months that they gamed. I remember just mostly whining at the end from them.