LoTRO-style Music System

SidX

Grandmaster
Is there any way to incorporate a LotRO (Lord of the Rings Online)-style music system into UOF? I have always wished instruments went beyond just the basic one-second tune that's played. In LotRO you could learn and play a variety of instruments and you could actually control and play individual notes as you pleased. So you could come up with an entire ensemble, or import files into a music player program and it would then have your player reproduce known songs, note for note, in-game for others to hear. It's one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a game.

Here's a sample:

This may not be worth programming or implementing, but if possible and if done could be a huge addition to UOF. In LotRO there were full orchestras of players who played music together.

Fuschino

Adept
I love LotRO. Too bad they forgot end game material.

As for the music system... please god no. It is cool but its so freaking annoying 99.99999% of the time. I played for 7 years and those two videos are without a doubt the coolest thing I've seen with the LOTRO music system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Adept
Lol yeah, cool in concept but seems like it would be the most annoying thing ever. And the programming required to implement something like this into UO.. sheeesh.