Lumberjack Template

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I personally prefer Magery on my dexxers. Like said above...mini heal, GH, cure, strength, weaken, poison, reflect, recall...

halygon

Grandmaster
And here we go...

Quick Cures? Try gCure Pot its Quicker Oh, so your GCures can cure lethal poison now? Wow, I need some of your stock. Also, what happens when you run out of GCures when dueling a poisoner? Is this where the Hiding skill becomes of use?
Reflect is what delays the inevitable, o wow you reflect one explo or ebolt, hiding you can use every ten seconds, disrupt their casting/drops/ and heal yourself while invised Reflect is not for your safety, it is to make them waste mana - this is a big deal to a dexxor to have their opponent not have full mana. Hiding again is a waste for PVP.

Buffs to counter debuffs? Try agi and str pots This is on top of pots, not instead of.

quick heal lol - limits to small heal, without EVI is what 8 hp? - or insta-click gHeal pot for 26? I would LOVE to see you survive a mage dump without this -- Maybe you prefer to run or does the hiding skill come into play again? Maybe a mix of both?

reactive armor is crap - only delays the inevitable lol, plus lumber jacks are primary for MAGEKILLING so Reactive is basically pointless This is for duel pits or field 1v1s... Ever try to fight another dexxor with your dexxor? Trust me, any advantage will make it a less painful fight.

Poisoning - Is that a joke? try a poisoned Katana? much faster, hits harder, and Casting poison means you 1-Drop your weapon - 2 - are NOT doing damage 3 - have to carry regs - 4 - pointless in so many ways You wouldn't believe how a quick poison can help win a fight when your opponent is at low HP. They never expect it from a dexxor and it gives ya time for a final hit. If you have magery, you will have regs.. Face it, dexxors are expensive to stock -- weapon(s), armor, aids, REAGENTS, potions, etc -- cutting out reagents will not change that.

Also GATING? Are you frigging serious - Costs 40 mana lmfao wtf is the point in Gate Travel when it would take you (I dont wanna do the math on that) ALMOST FOREVER TO regen that mana back and be viable to use in a pvp situation? Which also means that you dropped DEX (Primary stat for such a melee oriented template, slower swing speed) for INT (which gives you mana that is wasted ,because no evi makes most spells worse, and without med you can kiss your mana goodbye after one use) gating..........wow I don't use it often, but sometimes its invaluable to be able to gate your group of folks quickly to a location that maybe only you have a rune to. If you don't have magery, you will need to RUN to places.. like dungeons, houses, away from fights? Sure you can rely on a recall scroll in a runebook, but why limit yourself to have a skill like hiding?

Hiding is reusable skill and already stated some of the benefits Hiding ftw? am I really reading this for a PVP template?

Alchemy is foolish? Yeah it is super foolish when you are chasing a runner for 15 minutes to get your kill yeah super dumb to get the 20 something damage explo pots lol Alchemy is general is NOT useless.. Alchemy ON A LUMBERJACKER is useless...

This is all literally off the top of my head....... You got more for me to disabuse?

Continued........... Here we go again...

This also means you are wasting 100 points in Magery to cast GATE? instead of maybe like 60.1 to cast reflect? LMAO, why don't you get 60 magery and tell me how strong your magical reflection spell is... frankly its worthless unless at GM magery. Not to even mention how weak ALL of your magery spells become when not GM.

*Edit: I made some changes as I thought I was being too mean. I mean you are only misinformed...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kraden

Grandmaster
And here we go...

Quick Cures? Try gCure Pot its Quicker Oh, so your GCures can cure lethal poison now? Wow, I need some of your stock. Also, what happens when you run out of GCures when dueling a poisoner? I forgot, you go hide.

+You said magery Cures are better than gCure Pots? Ill take pots any day, insta click versus casting time and mana and regs? and actually gCure pots cure better than magery cure WITH OUT EVI so again NO

Reflect is what delays the inevitable, o wow you reflect one explo or ebolt, hiding you can use every ten seconds, disrupt their casting/drops/ and heal yourself while invised Reflect is not for your safety, it is to make them waste mana - this is a big deal to a dexxor to have their opponent not have full mana. Hiding again is a waste for PVP.

+AGAIN - Explo and Ebolt, which is mainly what you will be reflecting "To make them waste mana" is 20 mana wasted *Claps* so is the Reveal they have to cast on you while you are HEALING in the shadows, every ten seconds.........so again NO

Buffs to counter debuffs? Try agi and str pots This is on top of pots, not instead of

+If mages are wasting their 50 mana pool on debuff you for ten health loss than they are slow in the head..... wow no

quick heal lol - limits to small heal, without EVI is what 8 hp? - or insta-click gHeal pot for 26? I would LOVE to see you survive a mage dump without this -- Maybe you prefer to run?

+Again I will just say the same exact thing i said before Healing+Pots+Aids > 45 mana of crap heals from magery (If you even have that after GATING lol) Also, lumberjack vs mage im pretty sure the runner is a mage......so yeah if theyre is no running I would love to see outcome of that battle lmfao LOL+No

reactive armor is crap - only delays the inevitable lol, plus lumber jacks are primary for MAGEKILLING so Reactive is basically pointless This is for duel pits... or do you choose to make templates that only work in certain places.. maybe dungeons where you can hide? Ever try to fight another dexxor with your dexxor? trust me any advantage will make it a less painful fight.

+If you are using Reactive Armor in the Dueling Pits you are garbage at life man sorry but that is just as bad as precasting and casting MR before wall goes down to mage duel lol NOPE

Poisoning - Is that a joke? try a poisoned Katana? much faster, hits harder, and Casting poison means you 1-Drop your weapon - 2 - are NOT doing damage 3 - have to carry regs - 4 - pointless in so many ways You wouldn't believe how a quick poison on a mage when they are low will ruin them. They never expect it and it gives ya time for a final hit. If you have magery, you will have regs.. don't be a jew and spend 300gps for a small set of regs.

+How is that an argument at all, anti antisemitism? Doesnt make you win buddy, just makes you sound dumber. As I stated AGAIN Posiong with Magery? on a dexxer? without EVI? ANY mage worth their weight in cow crap is just gonna slam a gCure pot and own you. Also lets stay away from the extreme hypothetical situations "If they have 5 health, and you got 76 stamina, with 14 mana, and 2.3 seconds before their gHeal Cast goes off......just NO....again NO.

Also GATING? Are you frigging serious - Costs 40 mana lmfao wtf is the point in Gate Travel when it would take you (I dont wanna do the math on that) ALMOST FOREVER TO regen that mana back and be viable to use in a pvp situation? Which also means that you dropped DEX (Primary stat for such a melee oriented template, slower swing speed) for INT (which gives you mana that is wasted ,because no evi makes most spells worse, and without med you can kiss your mana goodbye after one use) gating..........wow I dont use it often, but sometimes its invaluable to be able to gate your group of folks quickly to a location that maybe only you have a rune to. Oh yeah, you don't have magery so you prefer to RUN to places.. like dungeons, houses, away from fights?

+Yeah that right I forgot Runebooks take Magery to use Recall Scrolls with :( O Wait THEY DONT if you are again in this hypothetical situation of traveling "With a group of buddies" and "only you have the rune" Drop it on the ground and have a mage gate, a real one with big boy mage skills......stilll DUMB NO

Hiding is reusable skill and already stated some of the benefits Hiding ftw? am I really reading this for a PVPtemplate?

+Are you shocked to see a PvP Template with Hiding? This is seriously weird

Alchemy is foolish? Yeah it is super foolish when you are chasing a runner for 15 minutes to get your kill yeah super dumb to get the 20 something damage explo pots lol Alchemy is general is NOT useless.. Alchemy ON A LUMBERJACKER is useless...

+O yeah I forgot they are coming out with Throwing Axes Sunday..........Wait prolly not so Alchy for killing runners is NEVER pointless

This is all literally off the top of my head....... You got more for me to disabuse?

Continued...........

This also means you are wasting 100 points in Magery to cast GATE? instead of maybe like 60.1 to cast reflect? LMAO, why don't you get 60 magery and tell me how strong your magical reflection spell is... frankly its worthless unless at GM magery. Not to even mention how weak ALL of your magery spells become when not GM.

Kraden

Grandmaster
I swear its like arguing with a child....

Says the guy who is literally changing quotes and putting words in my mouth. I threw justified arguments on the table, you acting like a kid?

Your right man im the child ;(

No go to the corner........

PS I won so HAHAHA nanananabooboo I beat you haha poopoo pants butt face dum dum!

Kraden

Grandmaster
It still feels like I am talking to a child... not sure why.

Yeah i had to throw that in there for sarcasm purposes. Its a big word i know. Anyway back on topic those are some reasons why you might want to pick hiding over magery. Guess it comes down to play style though and what you wanna do with that template.

Most people make LJers for Mage Killing

Ps haly most times i like what you got to say cause ur usually insightful but u acted like a little school girl in this thread. Debates are for grown ups i guees. Next time just prove mewrong dont immediately resort to falsely quoting me

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah i had to throw that in there for sarcasm purposes. Its a big word i know. Anyway back on topic those are some reasons why you might want to pick hiding over magery. Guess it comes down to play style though and what you wanna do with that template.

Most people make LJers for Mage Killing

Ps haly most times i like what you got to say cause ur usually insightful but u acted like a little school girl in this thread. Debates are for grown ups i guees. Next time just prove mewrong dont immediately resort to falsely quoting me
When you start talking to a stone, sometimes you have to resort to alternative methods to stop the madness.

It really does not come down to play style. For PVP, every dexxor needs to have Magery or else they will be lacking in one area or another. For all PVP templates, Magery is a core skill that cannot be replaced. This goes for both Mages (duh) and for dexxor templates.

If you have read any of my other posts on dexxors, then you know that I dislike lumberjacker templates. I eat them whole with my macer every day.. and he doesn't have an extra skill to give him more damage. But.... if you must have a lumberjacker dexxor for some strange reason... then the only way to go is to have magery as your 7th skill.

Kraden

Grandmaster
When you start talking to a stone, sometimes you have to resort to alternative methods to stop the madness.

It really does not come down to play style. For PVP, every dexxor needs to have Magery or else they will be lacking in one area or another. For all PVP templates, Magery is a core skill that cannot be replaced. This goes for both Mages (duh) and for dexxor templates.

If you have read any of my other posts on dexxors, then you know that I dislike lumberjacker templates. I eat them whole with my macer every day.. and he doesn't have an extra skill to give him more damage. But.... if you must have a lumberjacker dexxor for some strange reason... then the only way to go is to have magery as your 7th skill.

How can u consider magery a core skill for dexxers? It does come down to play style Field pvp vs solo pvp versus dueling. As far as macer goes why even bring it up. We are talking ljers which are for killing mages. Every template in this game has strengths and weaknesses. Know how to pick fights. I also remember the old days of true dexxers and for you to say no drop dex and take magery is just wrong. Anyway why even post if you hate ljers lol. You cant possibly know everything bud. Next time dont resort to childish hitler youth racist remarks and false quotes. Thats lame. Lets just agree to disagree and the guy that started this thread can choose what he wants

halygon

Grandmaster
I post here because regardless of my like/dislike of a template, I can still provide constructive advise towards questions.

N49ATV

Adept
Eval doesn't affect your heal/cure. It's directly proportional to Magrery skill. 15hp mini, 45-55 on big heals

Bromista

Grandmaster
Eat 120 peace. Drop peace. Keep 720 skill cap.

GM Swords LJ Resist Anat Tactics Healing, 90 Magery, 30 med

100/95/30

DP sword + fast swinging axe (for more conc blows and less wasted time when chugging/casting/switching back from sword). The 30 med goes a long long way in a sustained fight and makes cross healing more than once or twice a reality.

Anywho this is my LJ'er, nasty for group fighting and does excellent 1v1 against mages and dexers without magery. Would probably struggle against nox/alchy dexers but that's about it tbh. And what template doesn't struggle against that OP as fuck nox alchy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kraden

Grandmaster
Dont think ive ever cured 55 with a gheal. Still doesnt take away from only getting two. And dude that skill cap PS thing is lame that you can do that. But smart lol

Kraden

Grandmaster
Also i can see them changing that due to the fact on their website under powerscrolls it says they dont raise 700 skill cap lol

Bromista

Grandmaster
You really don't benefit much from doing it and it would probably be hard to take it away without fucking some shit up in the process.

halygon

Grandmaster
Eat 120 peace. Drop peace. Keep 720 skill cap.

You did not do that... The skill that the ps was based on (peace) and pushed your skill cap +20 is the only skill that can go into those extra 20 points.

Either that or you found a system bug... Mmmm maybe I can report it for one of those fancy reporter items.

halygon

Grandmaster
Also i can see them changing that due to the fact on their website under powerscrolls it says they dont raise 700 skill cap lol
Nah, it's always been that way. The first skill that goes above 100 pushes your skill cap up, but you are only supposed to be able to use those extra points on that skill you raised the skill cap on.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Sure you can't go over GM in any skill that isn't scrolled but once you push your cap you have those pts to play with.

Staff knows.

I have done this on two characters. I have a 5X tamer with 105 taming and 115 Lore. I had the 105-115 peace laying around and was already 115 lore. It just so happened I found a 120 peace first (well it was cheaper than buying a 120 lore for 500k also) and bumped my cap to 720 to fit it all in.

Not an exploit, not a bug, just being creative with distribution of skill points is all.

halygon

Grandmaster
Sure you can't go over GM in any skill that isn't scrolled but once you push your cap you have those pts to play with.

Staff knows.

I have done this on two characters. I have a 5X tamer with 105 taming and 115 Lore. I had the 105-115 peace laying around and was already 115 lore. It just so happened I found a 120 peace first (well it was cheaper than buying a 120 lore for 500k also) and bumped my cap to 720 to fit it all in.

Not an exploit, not a bug, just being creative with distribution of skill points is all.
I don't know Bromista... Sounds awful fishy to me...

...you sure I can't get some of those nice reporter sandles off this? :)