Lvl 7 Meta 120/120 Control.

tunafish

Neophyte
I read that even with 120 Taming and 120 Lore the Lvl 7 Meta Dragon does not listen well enough to make it viable. The article was 2 years old. Is this still the case?

Afro Man

Grandmaster
I think they made it to where every time you get 2mil exp your skills reset and your meta will listen more often

tunafish

Neophyte
I think they made it to where every time you get 2mil exp your skills reset and your meta will listen more often
I have not played in a decade. Not sure if your trolling or telling the truth. Sorry :( If that is not true is it even worth getting 120/120?

Afro Man

Grandmaster
Nope not trolling. And about 120\120 worth getting I would say that it is if you are already rich and have all the relics for your meta dragon

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Every 2m xp for a level 7 meta resets its skills to max and lowers taming requirement by 1. To a minimum of 116 tame requirement (8m xp) where you should have I believe 94% control with 120/120.

tunafish

Neophyte
Awesome. I really appreciate the quick feedback. What would a Tamer/Bard look like these days?

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Provoke
100 Music
100 Vet
100 Mage
60 Med

????

Desi

Grandmaster
My meta is a stubborn old git and at 120/120 her listening is atrocious. That being said i reissue command with expectation that there's a pretty decent possibility of being completely ignored. (Selective hearing?) Never had an issue though with gold farming high end areas, and I'm also about 30k xp from hitting my skill reset and better control mark.

Completely worth it.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Most likely 120 will only be a benefit for high level paragons. Not sure if there are any specific mobs that require 120 provo. It is however nice to practically never fail.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Awesome. I really appreciate the quick feedback. What would a Tamer/Bard look like these days?

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Provoke
100 Music
100 Vet
100 Mage
60 Med

????
I have been running this template for over 2 years but I prefer 90 magery/70 med. Haven't looked back.

60 med is just too low IMO. With 70 you will have a 10% better chance to active med and a little bit better passive med. You lose 1pt of STR/DEX/INT on your buffs and a few pts off your gheals...and you'll fizzle res's a good bit which is why I prefer to gate to a shrine. You rarely cast 7th or 8th circle spells as a tamer so the extra med is where it's at.

I know it sounds like what you gain in med roughly equals what you lose in gheal HP if you rail until OOM but try it both ways and see which suits you better :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Most likely 120 will only be a benefit for high level paragons. Not sure if there are any specific mobs that require 120 provo. It is however nice to practically never fail.
They disallowed provo in RDAs but that was the ONE place where 120 actually made a difference. You used to not be able to provo shit inside unless you were 120. Now? Not at all.

It is truly a waste.

120 provo still has it's place, however. You have total peace of mind with 120, you never fail. Ever. 115 you rarely fail, only on high end paragons, but if you get complacent that rare fail is gonna get you killed or your pets waxed.

I think the only way you could fail at 120 would be to try something like a para balron on a para balron or para wyrm on wyrm and use an opposing slayer instrument (which reduces your success %)

Meaning you will have to work hard to fail lol.

lollo

Grandmaster
I never failed on anything at 120 provo. I provoked two paragon ancient shadow wyrms first try with a newbied instrument

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah it's nice to not need exc instruments I just go to the carpenter and buy tambo's

If you use an opposing slayer it reduces your success by 20%, so doing that on high end spawn is the only chance for failure.

Happened to me once since I was 120. I picked up a silver instrument off a corpse and failed on some paragon balrons I think.

SirLothar

Grandmaster
When you get to lvl 7 with your meta and at 120/120, forget about "all kill". You should always do "all guard me" and once you get the msg the pet is guarding you just attack the mob (dbl click or whatever key bind you use), this will never fail.
If you try "all kill", there is a chance the pet won't attack even if the target comes up after like 3-4 spams so it's kind of like a double risk of not listening.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Careful where you click with war mode on ^^

I may or may not have quicksilvered myself a few times because of the way you have to use your lvl 7 lololol

BEN!

Grandmaster
you also don't get full control on the nightridge/nightwolf/nightdragon as they also require 120 taming. that should get changed so that people can use them and they aren't just for show... i can use one on my faction tamer when we have the skara sigil but for everyone else it just doesn't make sense to use over a nightmare

should be 120 taming required but 100% control rate

Bromista

Grandmaster
There is truly no market for those things. Can confirm.

Before leaving Bryce talked about making the taming requirements lower and different for each of the spawn but alas it never happened :(