Magery training - best spell for ~90 - GM?

Henrik

Master
I'm at 93 magery and have been for some time now without almost no gain. I'm macroing Gate travel in town which I've seen people recommending here and there (don't want to train resist so I skip Mana vamp).

So, the gain is very slow and the reg cost quite high and therefore I wonder if I should try out another spell - maybe some eighth circle spell will give me quicker gain?

I know that the gain is better in dungeons but I don't have time for active gaming right now and don't want to risk getting pked. Is the gain better outside of town, like in forests or in mining caves?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Henrik

Master
Is EVs good for gaining skill? Will do some active gaming later and do some EV:s in dungeons in that case :)

Regarding Mana vamp... Is it really more rewarding than Gate travel if you ain't training resist? The skill required is the same but requires more regs?

halygon

Grandmaster
Regarding Mana vamp... Is it really more rewarding than Gate travel if you ain't training resist? The skill required is the same but requires more regs?

The gain is the same as they are both 7th circle. Skill gain for magery is based upon circle not by spell. So ANY spell within a certain circle will give the same skill gains as another spell in that SAME circle.

If you are gating to a vendor afk, then heck yeah, go with casting gate. I prefer to cast MV in a dungeon on myself and just be done with it.

The beauty of mana vamp and mana drain for magery is that they use the same reagents -- mana vamp just adds one more. So stocking up for mana drain is stocking up for mana vamp.

Henrik

Master
The gain is the same as they are both 7th circle. Skill gain for magery is based upon circle not by spell. So ANY spell within a certain circle will give the same skill gains as another spell in that SAME circle.

If you are gating to a vendor afk, then heck yeah, go with casting gate. I prefer to cast MV in a dungeon on myself and just be done with it.

The beauty of mana vamp and mana drain for magery is that they use the same reagents -- mana vamp just adds one more. So stocking up for mana drain is stocking up for mana vamp.

Tried Mana drain in a dungeon instead - what a difference in gain speed! Thanks for quick and good answers as usual.

You rock halogon!