Magical Clothing Articles

gadric

Expert
I know that there are AR patches but why don't we expand on the idea of magical clothing items?
There is a wizards hat that has some powers. How about Gloves that increase Dexterity or Strength? or Boots of Speed? or Robes of Magic Resistance? Cloaks of Protection?

wkstrm

Master
I think there is a huge risk for creating inbalance in the PVP scene if this is implemented. Or it will just become part of the new meta, everyone is wearing clothes that adds a small amount of stats or skills.

Streets

Grandmaster
We kinda do have alot though:

Armor patches for
robes
Capes
Hell/hats

We have +mining gloves

Arcane clothing (which if you ask me is more an issue layering to multiple slots and blessing than armor patches are)

Now if we are talking about items (clothing, I would not do armor as it would be an unfair advantage to some builds) I would see no unfair or broken mechanic for abilities already in game. I wouldn't make them "chance on hit" type items but maybe hold charges much like the traped pouches from the gold sink vendor. You could click on the item to is a charge:

Magic reflect patch: click on clothing to cast magic reflect on your self. Cast magic reflect on this article of clothing to add a charge.

Reactive armor patch: click on this article of clothing to cast reactive armor. Recharge by casting reactive armor spell on the article of clothing.

Patch of greater healing: heals equivalent to a greater heal pot. To recharge target from a greater heal keg.

Patch of greater strength: grand greater strength. To recharge target from greater strength keg.

Ect. All the above examples are not really balance issues as even the lowest skilled player can use these items already through scrolls and pots. It just eases up bag space/clutter and weight. If a player does not want to patch they can continue to use scrolls and pots and not be at a disadvantage.

Two notes I would personally want to make.

One: I would not use current patch locations. This would force people to choose which patch to use for a specific location. This would lead to people minimizing/maxamizing which would result in power builds which defeats the concept of a simplified/fun gameplay

Two: I would is this as a sink idea. While this is not by any means a game breaking mechanic or give an advantage it is a nice feature why not use it to clean up the game? Could be a gold sink, skill scroll sink, trophy sink, bod sink etc.