Magincia PVP hot spot idea

Yes or NO

• Total voters

Messremb

Grandmaster
If you want to skip to the actual idea go to the TLDR

So first off the problem as I see it. people want PVP hot spots, the staff has provided 2 hot spots, Bucs, and khaldun.

Bucs is great for a FFA zone but lacks for a PVP hot spot in that it does not have a safe zone to group up, it also is not friendly to the solo player in that they must fight everyone.

Khaldun is great for random people fighting but has the same issues as bucs. it also has the issue of most people their playing PVM characters.

A pvp hot spot should have 0 PVM incentives otherwise it just becomes a PK hot spot, and eventually it dies

IMO what people really want is a location where they can group up (even with people they don't know) and go out and group fight other groups (reds mostly.) so often blues are just camping dungeon entrances hoping for reds to show up so they can get some PVP action, and reds are running the dungeons looking for fights (kind of silly since you will mostly only find bards and tamers in dungeons.)

why not make a place where people looking for PVP can hang out and wait for other people looking for PVP?

TLDR

my Idea is this, Magincia is mostly unused and would be a great place for a PVP hot spot. put a safe zone in over the bank area (safe for reds and blues). make it so once you are combat flagged you can't enter it again. make the whole island a no head cutting zone.
Why Magincia you ask?
Magincia is an island so cross country running shouldn't happen, also it leaves no doubt about where your head can be cut.
the bank is somewhat separate from the island, enough so that it makes a good place to group up without being in in middle of the island.
so far as I remember there is no hostile spawn on the island.

Don't put in an FFA zone
Don't put in PVM incentives (PVP hot spot should attract those looking for PVP not those looking for loot.)

I think this will provide a place where players looking to PVP can group up and fight, instead of running dungeons or trying to find action at brit bank.

Lets keep this thread constructive.

jkg8787

Master
First actual good idea I've read in awhile.

I also am of the belief that PvP zones should have no rare spawns like some have suggested. That just creates PKing.

What we need/What people want is: An area similar to uoforever's "Del Pond". Where a lot of activity could be found.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I like the idea but alas many players who arent client updated have problems with the map in magincia, getting stuck under the ground etc.

-1 for magincia

Just make brit farms stat free, BOOM shit would be bigger than del pond ever was

jkg8787

Master
I like the idea but alas many players who arent client updated have problems with the map in magincia, getting stuck under the ground etc.

-1 for magincia

Just make brit farms stat free, BOOM shit would be bigger than del pond ever was
What constitutes "Brit farms". Just wondering because many people in that area buy houses to "PvP" with in the Brit area. Also as OP stated Magincia (while fairly large) is an island, so you couldn't run forever like you could in Brit farms (depending on what you're suggesting)

But +1 for you for acknowledging that Del Pond worked on uoforever and we need an equivalent.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
A pvp hot spot should have 0 PVM incentives otherwise it just becomes a PK hot spot, and eventually it dies

By the way where do you get this information?? Obviously you are not one to talk on these issues, since you have only been playing freeshards for the last ten months, and no UO since probably the 90s. Think about destard 2 uoforever dragon on uog, that shit is STILL active and it has pvm incentive...

wreckognize

Grandmaster
What constitutes "Brit farms". Just wondering because many people in that area buy houses to "PvP" with in the Brit area. Also as OP stated Magincia (while fairly large) is an island, so you couldn't run forever like you could in Brit farms (depending on what you're suggesting)

But +1 for you for acknowledging that Del Pond worked on uoforever and we need an equivalent.

Try as you might, there is no denying that brit farms being stat free would be instantly bigger than del pond ever was. Every Veteran wants this, every newbie blue wants this, they have guardline, reds have houses, its a perfect harmony.

The fact that both sides have a safezone makes players need to try harder to get their kills, which literally breeds more skilled pvpers. Being good at PvP means you can get the kill, even if they can run forever. Thats why mount fatigue and the concept behind not allowing people to run forever just helps shitty players stay shitty, and why no veteran wants these things.

The only thing preventing it from taking off is how players can instantly end the party via the statloss system.

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
PS i'm not trying to de-rail, but the idea is already a huge flop since magincia doesn't even work for anyone who doesn't have their client updated, which is a ton of people.

Messremb

Grandmaster
By the way where do you get this information?? Obviously you are not one to talk on these issues, since you have only been playing freeshards for the last ten months, and no UO since probably the 90s. Think about destard 2 uoforever dragon on uog, that shit is STILL active and it has pvm incentive...
this post was reported for being unconstructive and personal attacks. please judge the idea based on the merit of the idea not the person suggesting it.

PS i'm not trying to de-rail, but the idea is already a huge flop since magincia doesn't even work for anyone who doesn't have their client updated, which is a ton of people.

Where are you getting this info. my client is not updated and magincia works just fine for me.

brit farms is also heavily trafficked by new players and caters to those with houses in that area. also how would you know if reds where looking to fight if they are all hiding in their houses outside of guards.

An island works best as it prevents endless running and gives a clear indication of where you can not have your head cut.

I considered Moonglow, jhelom, skara, serps, and dagger. all have drawbacks.
Glow is a heavily populated and great vendor location. the changes would mess with that.
jhelom is to small
Skara to small
Serps is small and nobody wants to fight in a jungle, (not to mention the spawn)
dagger doesn't have a bank or safe place.

I think with some changes they could make another island that would work but as is Magincia works best.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
this post was reported for being unconstructive and personal attacks. please judge the idea based on the merit of the idea not the person suggesting it.

Where are you getting this info. my client is not updated and magincia works just fine for me.

brit farms is also heavily trafficked by new players and caters to those with houses in that area. also how would you know if reds where looking to fight if they are all hiding in their houses outside of guards.

An island works best as it prevents endless running and gives a clear indication of where you can not have your head cut.

I considered Moonglow, jhelom, skara, serps, and dagger. all have drawbacks.
Glow is a heavily populated and great vendor location. the changes would mess with that.
jhelom is to small
Skara to small
Serps is small and nobody wants to fight in a jungle, (not to mention the spawn)
dagger doesn't have a bank or safe place.

I think with some changes they could make another island that would work but as is Magincia works best.

Don't worry, you wouldn't be the first complete Vagina to report me simply because I didn't approve of your idea.
I'm used to it.

Also, stating the fact that you're wrong, and you would otherwise know you were wrong had you not been so new, then supporting it with proof (hyb drg) is not a personal attack.

BY THE WAY you would be wise to trust me. If i say the map there is bugged for many users, then it must be, because I have no reason to tell you or anyone else otherwise. some client versions are ok, and you probably are using one of them. But not all users are. No matter which way you try to swing it, it's still not the ideal spot for a hotspot for this reason alone. Couple this with the fact that several other servers have their own type of patch, which can also mess up the map in magincia. Theres plenty of areas that don't have problems, pick one.

Nobody's going there anyways, since you've given no real incentive to do so except to struggle with guardline hiding blues and statloss. You think housing caters to reds yet you fail to see how guardline caters to blues which totally balances the shit out. Theres this instahit BS called town guards you might wanna look into it.

As for the comparison between this idea and making brit farms stat free, you may not realize it but if there was no statloss, those reds would be more willing to fight while outnumbered if they didnt need to carry TOP QUALITY equipment at all times, out of fear that if they dont, they will be statted. period.

In the spirit of civility, however, it's only because of the map issue that i disapprove, otherwise i would say giver shit. It's nothing that cant be changed back if it doesnt work. I just wish one person would point that out about stat free farms as well, since it often is a topic of conversation.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Don't worry, you wouldn't be the first complete Vagina to report me simply because I didn't approve of your idea.
I'm used to it.

Also, stating the fact that you're wrong, and you would otherwise know you were wrong had you not been so new, then supporting it with proof (hyb drg) is not a personal attack.

BY THE WAY you would be wise to trust me. If i say the map there is bugged for many users, then it must be, because I have no reason to tell you or anyone else otherwise. some client versions are ok, and you probably are using one of them. But not all users are. No matter which way you try to swing it, it's still not the ideal spot for a hotspot for this reason alone. Couple this with the fact that several other servers have their own type of patch, which can also mess up the map in magincia. Theres plenty of areas that don't have problems, pick one.

Nobody's going there anyways, since you've given no real incentive to do so except to struggle with guardline hiding blues and statloss. You think housing caters to reds yet you fail to see how guardline caters to blues which totally balances the shit out. Theres this instahit BS called town guards you might wanna look into it.

As for the comparison between this idea and making brit farms stat free, you may not realize it but if there was no statloss, those reds would be more willing to fight while outnumbered if they didnt need to carry TOP QUALITY equipment at all times, out of fear that if they dont, they will be statted. period.

In the spirit of civility, however, it's only because of the map issue that i disapprove, otherwise i would say giver shit. It's nothing that cant be changed back if it doesnt work. I just wish one person would point that out about stat free farms as well, since it often is a topic of conversation.

This thread is not your soap box to tell us how great you are cause you have spent the last 17 years of your life playing UO. if you want to do that make your own thread.

to your points though.

Why PVP locations with PVM incentives don't work. look at what happened to champ spawns when they made them PVP hot spots. my guild lost 4 of my active PVM players and I know many others quit as well. PVM players don't want their PVM locations turned into PVP hotspots, it runs them off. especially when you provide unique rewards that cant be gotten elsewhere.

Magincia being bugged could cause an issue. Nujel'm could work if they could make a sectioned off space as the safe zone.

People will come to these locations for PVP. PVP is the incentive, anyone needing to be rewarded for PVP should just go PK.

guards and house hiding do not balance each other out. first off guards is only safe if you didn't initiate combat houses are always safe. houses allow you to attack from within with no risk to gear, as even if they manage to kill you they cant loot, guards does not. that's not to mention that houses hiding is only possible if you are rich enough to buy a house there or have a friend who is, and that its impossible for reds to get guard whacked here.
Also does anyone really want to increase house and guard line hiding PVP!?!

also as a red player I disagree about reds not house hiding. everyone who can house hide does. even blues. its about not liking to lose, not about fear of stat.

basically what we need is a Island or enclosed location that is stat free, that also has a bank and safe location to group up for both reds and blues (safe location should not be enterable if you are combat flagged). the only incentive we should need is the opportunity to PVP.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
first off guards is only safe if you didn't initiate combat houses are always safe.

nobody is forcing the blues to initiate the combat

houses allow you to attack from within with no risk to gear, as even if they manage to kill you they cant loot, guards does not.

In that case of course a blue can easily leave the area, so I don't see the point. It's not like they're being forced to stand outside the house lol

that's not to mention that houses hiding is only possible if you are rich enough to buy a house there or have a friend who is, and that its impossible for reds to get guard whacked here.

Incentive to play the game i guess, trying to afford a house in a popular area. how is this bad again?

Also does anyone really want to increase house and guard line hiding PVP!?!

Yes, it's a great way for newbie blues to learn how to PvP until they are ready for factions.

also as a red player I disagree about reds not house hiding. everyone who can house hide does. even blues. its about not liking to lose, not about fear of stat.

It's your opinion. Definitely not a fact. But in reality there's a ton of blues who won't attack first and run to guardzone as soon as they get hit, so i guess it's still balanced like i said.

basically what we need is a Island or enclosed location that is stat free, that also has a bank and safe location to group up for both reds and blues (safe location should not be enterable if you are combat flagged). the only incentive we should need is the opportunity to PVP.

I think really this already exists at brit farms, minus being on an island. By comparison again, brit farms is easier to get more players PvPing because they are typically already in Britain. Brit just has plenty more reasons to be there than your island ever could.

The only difference is that people don't get cutoff by shoreline in brit farms, but then if you have to chase them, eventually you'll get tired of chasing, make a friend, and learn to kill. THATS why UOF has such potential to breed better pvpers imho.

Instead of comparing houses to guardline you should have been comparing houses usefulness for reds to guardlines usefulness for blues. I never said they were the same thing, just equal in their usefulness as a safe spot for either side.

So what the entire concept behind the OP now boils down to is: would some developed pvp hotspot on some random island with no incentive other than to pvp be a bigger hotspot than brit farms? and the answer is no. Also doing both ideas would be detrimental to having one giant pvp hotspot, which is the entire reason for the comparison being done on your precious thread.

so again, -1

Messremb

Grandmaster
Half of this is your opinion and the other half if is just wrong.

nobody is forcing the blues to initiate the combat

true but how are they learning to PVP if they don't? so either they stand around outside guards till attacked or attack and lose the protection of the guards.

In that case of course a blue can easily leave the area, so I don't see the point. It's not like they're being forced to stand outside the house lol

how are they getting PVP if the red just house hides?

Incentive to play the game i guess, trying to afford a house in a popular area. how is this bad again?

so you want only rich player to have a chance not noobs. then stop claiming your doing it for those new to PVP.

Yes, it's a great way for newbie blues to learn how to PvP until they are ready for factions.

see above, also even if it did help noobs learn to PVP its not the type of PVP that most people want.

It's your opinion. Definitely not a fact. But in reality there's a ton of blues who won't attack first and run to guardzone as soon as they get hit, so i guess it's still balanced like i said.

House is not = to guard zone, I coverd this already.

I think really this already exists at brit farms, minus being on an island. By comparison again, brit farms is easier to get more players PvPing because they are typically already in Britain. Brit just has plenty more reasons to be there than your island ever could.

The only difference is that people don't get cutoff by shoreline in brit farms, but then if you have to chase them, eventually you'll get tired of chasing, make a friend, and learn to kill. THATS why UOF has such potential to breed better pvpers imho.

Is brit a safe zone for reds? can you enter houses and guards while flagged? can you run endlessly, even to places outside safe zone? not the same sir sorry.

Instead of comparing houses to guardline you should have been comparing houses usefulness for reds to guardlines usefulness for blues. I never said they were the same thing, just equal in their usefulness as a safe spot for either side.
This may be your opinon but its not the opinion of many PVPers.

So what the entire concept behind the OP now boils down to is: would some developed pvp hotspot on some random island with no incentive other than to pvp be a bigger hotspot than brit farms? and the answer is no. Also doing both ideas would be detrimental to having one giant pvp hotspot, which is the entire reason for the comparison being done on your precious thread.

so again, -1

Once again this is your opinion and you are the one who turned this into a comparison, and your idea has many differences other than the island. I understand that with your brit farms house you really want this, but stating your opinion as fact does not make it so.
I respect your opinion but I disagree.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Half of this is your opinion and the other half if is just wrong.

LOL let me show you how this statement itself is sadly incorrect:

true but how are they learning to PVP if they don't? so either they stand around outside guards till attacked or attack and lose the protection of the guards.

PvP still happens often at brit bridge, even for the blues who don't attack first. Having them die if they do attack first forces them to group up and heal eachother, thus learning to PvP. But they still will get attacked even if they don't attack first, and then learn to PvP by using guardline as a safespot. Have you been to brit bridge before? Why do I have to explain this if so? You haven't already seen this with your own eyes? I think you'll do anything to take a shot at me, since you're so offended that I -1 your idea. But go ahead and keep proving it.

how are they getting PVP if the red just house hides?

Im pretty sure I've seen reds outside of their houses in that area, *rolls eyes* are you really suggesting that reds DONT EVEN LEAVE THEIR HOUSES? thats ridiculous

so you want only rich player to have a chance not noobs. then stop claiming your doing it for those new to PVP.

you don't respect my opinion at all, you probably couldn't be any more butthurt. You're jealous because I have better shit, and am a better player. Heres the proof.

You think I care only because I am friended to a house in that area, and are basically accusing me of speaking with bias. This is an assumption that shows what kind of person you really are. Jealous. At least now it's out in the open!

Of course me being biased couldn't be further from the truth. I have three reds now and could care less about being statted, if it ever were to happen that is, because not only do I have the other reds for backup, I barely pvp anyways. But stat free farms would be a great thing for the server, and is better than your idea im afraid.

As stated, the reason for the comparison is because the two ideas are similar, and having both would be a detriment to having one big centralized PvP hotspot.

Once again this is your opinion and you are the one who turned this into a comparison, and your idea has many differences other than the island. I understand that with your brit farms house you really want this, but stating your opinion as fact does not make it so.

I will take my leave of this, sick of dealing with immature players who twist everything that's said around to support their own bad ideas.

Notice how I showed how most of the opinions of @Messremb were being portrayed as facts, and apon proving them wrong, they come back with trying to say the same thing in reverse? You could almost set your watch to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

K A Z

Grandmaster
move the dueling pits to brit bridge, no statloss zone from the bridge up to where the castle ends, to the moongate and up to the mountains. maybe add a region for it so it gets easy to spot when you leave it.

wreckognize

Grandmaster

I'd just like to point out that this is a really bad argument. The entire game is a level playing feild.

The house in question was even posted for sale on the forums, it was only luck that we got it. the seller was already on my aim list because i purchased a house from him years ago.

Anyone can place a house, not just veterans. Saying this just shows how your opinions are formed with a hint of jelly. No joke. It was shameless to report me for not liking your idea, but even worse is how you still haven't apologized for it, since there was no intention of de-railing or any personal attacks in the first place.

shame shame.

Kael

Master
Why does everything have to be a bloody argument?? Like it or don't . Just post another thread with a different idea if you have a better one. People get tired of ready the arguments and good ideas get lost in pissing contests.