Magincia PVP hot spot idea

Yes or NO

• Total voters

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Why does everything have to be a bloody argument?? Like it or don't . Just post another thread with a different idea if you have a better one. People get tired of ready the arguments and good ideas get lost in pissing contests.

DzaP3ao.png

Its a discussion. Usually these things turn into brainless arguments anytime someone takes a disagreement personally, as above.

Why not just do every idea in suggestions? Then we can just remove the reply button entirely, and everyone will get what they want and the server will be alive forever!

I'd love to have skillballs on the donation vendor. Lets try it a while, then if it doesnt work, remove them! whos with me??

You see how this doesn't always work out. People should be open for criticism of their ideas before even posting.

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/heres-an-idea.33665/

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
I don't feel like arguing with a tool whos upset he got reported
DzaP3ao.png

Its a discussion. Usually these things turn into brainless arguments anytime someone takes a disagreement personally, as above.

Why not just do every idea in suggestions? Then we can just remove the reply button entirely, and everyone will get what they want and the server will be alive forever!

I'd love to have skillballs on the donation vendor. Lets try it a while, then if it doesnt work, remove them! whos with me??

You see how this doesn't always work out. People should be open for criticism of their ideas before even posting.

ROFL,

I have taken nothing personal, you on the other had have gotten seriously upset about being reported. I made no personal attacks (even though I easily could) called you no names, and only refuted your points. you on the other had have resorted to name calling, accusations, and even 10 year old memes. notice I reported only your post containing a personal attack.

I can handle the fact that you don't agree with me just fine. in fact I think it gives my post more merit as you are the last person anyone is asking about how to improve PVP. I understand your upset but please stop flooding this thread with your ranting. if you want to complain about me make a post in rants and flames and I will happily come argue with you about who is more upset there. but I am not going to be responding to your rage posts here any longer, I will simply report them and ignore them.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
LOL

Being so deep in denial, it must be bliss.

here's the post you reported:

A pvp hot spot should have 0 PVM incentives otherwise it just becomes a PK hot spot, and eventually it dies

By the way where do you get this information?? Obviously you are not one to talk on these issues, since you have only been playing freeshards for the last ten months, and no UO since probably the 90s. Think about destard 2 uoforever dragon on uog, that shit is STILL active and it has pvm incentive...

Please, show me the personal attack. Do you think it's a personal attack to point out that you yourself said you have only been playing for 10 months since osi?? or maybe you just don't see the relevance; because you simply didn't understand why it mattered that you are so new; you couldn't possibly have understood the reference. You just simply haven't played the game long enough to have seen any of the examples that prove that statement wrong, yet you play it off as fact. It's a nuisance when people form conclusions based on incomplete information, like you did here.

In fact, having a PvM reason to be in a place can still bring plenty of consensual PvP. I am again referring to the uoforever dragon on uog, since it's a great example. In that area, players often have gone there just because there was often other pvpers there to fight. NOT ALL players go there just to pvm. If there's nobody there now, it's because that shard died for other reasons. But it all started because thats the only place to get a certain item.

The devs here tried to make a similar type of hotspot within bucs den, when they added the antlion. It had the same spawn rate as hyb dragon, however, the drop was the problem. It was a tetheran slayer spellbook. They sure didnt drop every time either.

Adding a mob to an area with a unique drop type has worked wonders on other shards, so you were wrong to say that it wont work, because it can. Maybe the drop just needs to be something of value that drops every single time, rather than every 1 in 100000000 times.

Anyways, try to be a little more open to criticism. I will also warn you not to abuse the report button, as every time you do it takes away from staff's time to develop content and hold events.

Mikkeliv

Journeyman
Nobody's going there anyways, since you've given no real incentive to do so except to struggle with guardline hiding blues and statloss. You think housing caters to reds yet you fail to see how guardline caters to blues which totally balances the shit out. Theres this instahit BS called town guards you might wanna look into it.

Doesn't that "guardline" only work, if the red hit the blue first? Seeing as how reds aloud in town for that faction stuff. I mean, if a blue e-bolts a red, can't the red chase the blue into town, and whack him, without getting guard whacked? Or, am I misunderstanding how that stuff works?

To the OP... Nice suggestion. I'm all for anything, that keeps them red buggars distracted :D

wreckognize

Grandmaster
if a blue attacks a single red, is he able to get zerged in guard zone?

to the above poster... nice bias at the end.

Mikkeliv

Journeyman

"Of their ideas", not themselves. Personally, I think some of you "vets" should only be allowed to cast a yes/no vote.

Regardless, of being right or wrong, you're all such assholes, when giving your opinions.

Having said that.... My top 20 UO moments, all involve bridge wars. So you had a good point there.

i liked this thread for the first few posts. At this time it is a trolling flame thread.

Guardzone PVP is lame, house hiding PVP is lame.

Magincia would be a great spot for this. I wouldnt see needing a safe zone however, as this will lead to people just chillin' in the safe zone till someone is low, then rolling out and dumping on them. Maybe come to magincia ready to party is a better idea. Just turn off cutting bodies in that area and it would be all good.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Was ment as humor. Sorry you didn't get it. :(

oh i got it, Mr blue, i got it. Was meant for humor/showed everyone your bias. same difference.

My point was pretty clear though, the only thing a blue is signing himself up for in red vs blue at brit bridge is a 1v1 at the most, if he chooses. So why not endorse casual 1v1 where it already is?

The reds can use houses to avoid zergs, which they are forced to do more often by the game itself due to the severe statloss in that area, or they can run into town and get zerged and die for sure.

The OP will never work. Theres no incentive to go to magincia, its the worst place imaginable for the idea anyways due to game glitches as stated. I guess @scavengerdeluxe cant read or doesn't speak english. Even nujelm is bad, since its too big.

On another side note, this is not a troll or a de-rail attempt. At this point, i'd say it would be a big mistake to not cater to brit bridge pvp like asap. And even though I've been pretty vocal about this sofar, I just can't seem to stress this enough. Stop letting your petty house jealousys get in the way of this servers progress people.

Messremb

Grandmaster
i liked this thread for the first few posts. At this time it is a trolling flame thread.

Guardzone PVP is lame, house hiding PVP is lame.

Magincia would be a great spot for this. I wouldnt see needing a safe zone however, as this will lead to people just chillin' in the safe zone till someone is low, then rolling out and dumping on them. Maybe come to magincia ready to party is a better idea. Just turn off cutting bodies in that area and it would be all good.

thanks for posting your constructive feedback. I agree with you about house hiding and guard zone hiding. I see your point about the safe zone, but I feel the benefits of it out weigh the consequences.

Benefits are,
provides a place for people to group up (even with people they may not know)
provides a place to restock and get ready to fight.
allows players to idle while waiting for potential action without fear of getting ganked
Provides a place to enjoy the shit talk of the guy you just killed. (my personal favorite)
also it would prevent the griefing rez killing and gate dispelling that happens.

cons are
its kinda a mini tram (but with the docks we already have that)
people will wait safe until they have enough players to gank or another players life gets low. (kinda already happens)

I personally feel the benefits outweigh the consequences.

also a quick note regarding guard zone. if a blue flags on a red the red can chase the blue into town. if that was all that could happen it would be 1v1 however, the red can have his buddies healing him in town making it a 1v1+healers. I used this tactic a lot when fighting near guard zone.

Magincia is already perfect if you're in factions. Theres no guardzone so you can heal eachother, it acts like a town so you cannot cut a faction reds head.

I see it now -- all the faction guild houses will be lined up like fraternity row.

I got the max storage closest to the moongate in Magincia months back hoping that someday it would be a faction pvp hot spot. I heard rumor that devs have plans there tho for something else. Who knows at this point.

What would constitute a PvP incentive?

Back on Pacific in the pre- factions era a PvP hotspot was Occlo because a handful of guilds were based there and they were O/C and at war with a number of other guilds. That was fun. Go to Occlo and be ready to bang. The incentive was to fight oranges.

The most incentive-ized PvP I see on this shard are IDOCs - which is essentially an extension of red v. blue.

This shard has done a great job with being pro PvP - the docks make dueling easy (remember getting your duel jumped?), stat loss rules are lenient, and player development is simple (Need another PvPer? Make him in 3 days).

So, what is it that gets people out into the field? What about a old school townie rule set town for those that prefer double click and follow?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I got the max storage closest to the moongate in Magincia months back hoping that someday it would be a faction pvp hot spot.

You mean people log onto the forums in the hopes of molding the shard around their personal experience??

I had no idea. :D

but yeah im not sure theres even room in magincia for a pvm incentive and again I will mention the horrifying problems people encounter with the map there, the entire map is bad tiles. Im sure the map glitch problem will be haunting some returning players for at least another decade.