Make IDOCs non-killer areas

Cack

Grandmaster
You mean isn't and non?

That's not a double negative: the meaning of the positive version would have been different.

" if EQMS isn't using non-steam/razor bots to find these things" ≠ "If EQMS is using steam/razor bots to find these things"

The clause on the left is satisfied if EQMS isn't using a bot at all. Whereas the clause on the right is satisfied only if EQMS is using a bot.
Damn! String dude owned

Strigo

Expert
You mean isn't and non?

That's not a double negative: the meaning of the positive version would have been different.

" if EQMS isn't using non-steam/razor bots to find these things" ≠ "If EQMS is using steam/razor bots to find these things"

The clause on the left is satisfied if EQMS isn't using a bot at all. Whereas the clause on the right is satisfied only if EQMS is using a bot.

" if EQMS isn't using steam/razor bots to find these things" is satisfied if EQMS isn't using a bot. You think adding the 'non-' doesn't change that? Or are you implying there are bots that are not steam/razor on uof?

MZ3K

Grandmaster
How do you figure, sports fan?
  1. You can use it.
  2. It would be advantageous in at least a few circumstances.
  3. There are over a thousand players on this server.
Those three and the fact that it's undetectable (conspicuous uses excluded) almost guarantee that someone is using it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadpool

Grandmaster
  1. You can use it.
  2. It would be advantageous in at least a few circumstances.
  3. There are over a thousand players on this server.
Those three and the fact that it's undetectable (conspicuous uses excluded) almost guarantee that someone is using it.

Cool, so your evidence is still all speculation. I'm convinced!

Kilike

Grandmaster
It is possible with steam to make a script to check idocs, and then mark a rune to each one. HOWEVER it requires marking every single housing location on the server, which is a huge amount of work.

To my knowledge, no one on the server owns such a script, AND the runebooks required to use the script.

Actually as far as I know no one else even owns this script and it's not posted anywhere at all.

As for easyuo, I remember reading somewhere when I first started here, that they found a way to block it? Rather that's true or not I have no idea.

Sent from my SM-G900P

drinn

Grandmaster
Everyone knows EQMS has a monopoly on all idocs.

I have been at the IDOC scene for the last 2 years and I have seen many guilds and teams dominating that scene from time to another. Before EQMS it was POWER. For that the reason is players, who make IDOCs get burnout as the IDOC work can be really hard sometimes.

It is possible with steam to make a script to check idocs, and then mark a rune to each one. HOWEVER it requires marking every single housing location on the server, which is a huge amount of work.

To my knowledge, no one on the server owns such a script, AND the runebooks required to use the script..

Its because there are much simpler tactics that doesn't need that much of work

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Cool, so your evidence is still all speculation. I'm convinced!

There's heaps of empirical and rational evidence that shows us that there are a good number of people who will cheat if they think they can get away with it, and that there are even more people who will cheat if they think that there's a good chance that someone that they're playing a game against will cheat. There's also evidence that people all have common knowledge of the first fact (i.e. I know that you know that I know that you know.... that even just chance alone guarantees that the chance that at least one player will try to cheat increases as the number of players increases.) Consequently, the number of people who will try to cheat exponentially increases as the number of people playing a game increases.

In any case, it doesn't matter. We were talking about the meaning of a sentence. What is actually the case doesn't affect the meaning of a sentence: E.g. Unicorns are white means 'unicorns are white' even if there were actually unicorns and they were brown.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
In any case, it doesn't matter. We were talking about the meaning of a sentence. What is actually the case doesn't affect the meaning of a sentence: E.g. Unicorns are white means 'unicorns are white' even if there were actually unicorns and they were brown.

What in the fuck are you even saying anymore?

Kilike

Grandmaster
I have been at the IDOC scene for the last 2 years and I have seen many guilds and teams dominating that scene from time to another. Before EQMS it was POWER. For that the reason is players, who make IDOCs get burnout as the IDOC work can be really hard sometimes.

Its because there are much simpler tactics that doesn't need that much of work
Yes and no. Yes it's more work for the initial set up. However once it's set up, it can be done completely afk.

No way in hell I'd ever mark all those runes, but it wouldn't be too bad if you're in a decent sized guild, and get a good amount to mark. They're already running their areas anyways.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Violence

Grandmaster
EasyUO IDOC rail scripts are a thing, and were a problem back in the days of the [!] noobs , though they're not terribly hard to detect with observation (and were swiftly dealt with).

source: i'm the best.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
What in the fuck are you even saying anymore?

You asked.

The meaning of a sentence is its truth conditions: What it would take for it to be true.

The existence of white unicorns would satisfy the truth conditions of the sentence unicorns are white.

But the satisfaction of a sentence's truth conditions is not its meaning. Its truth conditions alone are its meaning.

As such, the fact that unicorns don't exist doesn't affect the meaning of the sentence unicorns are white.

Now.

You asked how I knew that some people use EasyUO on this server.

A few posts later, I said that it doesn't matter whether people actually are using EasyUO on this server because Strigo and I were discussing the meaning of a sentence.

In accordance with what I just explained, the question of whether there actually are, or aren't, players using EasyUO on this server doesn't affect the truth conditions of the sentence.

Consequently, the question of whether there actually are, or aren't, players using EasyUO doesn't affect the meaning of the sentence.

Therefore, the question was irrelevant to the meaning of the sentence, which was the topic of the discussion between Strigo and me.

Kilike

Grandmaster
You asked.

The meaning of a sentence is its truth conditions: What it would take for it to be true.

The existence of white unicorns would satisfy the truth conditions of the sentence unicorns are white.

But the satisfaction of a sentence's truth conditions is not it's meaning. It's truth conditions alone are its meaning.

As such, the fact that unicorns don't exist doesn't affect the meaning of the sentence unicorns are white.

Now.

You asked, how I knew that some people use EasyUO on this server.

A few posts later, I said, it doesn't matter whether people actually are using EasyUO on this server because Strigo and I were discussing the meaning of a sentence.

As I just explained, whether there are, or aren't, players using EasyUO on this server doesn't affect the truth conditions of the sentence.

Consequently, whether there are, or aren't, players using EasyUO doesn't affect the meaning of the sentence.

Therefore, the question was irrelevant to the meaning of the sentence, which we were discussing. And so it was irrelevant to that particular discussion.
You're one dense fuck.

Sent from my SM-G900P

drinn

Grandmaster
Yes and no. Yes it's more work for the initial set up. However once it's set up, it can be done completely afk.

No way in hell I'd ever mark all those runes, but it wouldn't be too bad if you're in a decent sized guild, and get a good amount to mark. They're already running their areas anyways.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Your idea could work to get dates (FW turns GW...), when they turn IDOC, but not to get a precis timer.

At UOMap we had similar idea though to get the map draw house locations, but it needed a specific file to be placed in the server.

Also your idea would need a LOT of reagents. Let's say server has 1200 houses and you run the script once per day its like 37,2k recall reagents per month lol for 1 recall reg. That would mean a lot of money in-game, which you reduce from the IDOC loot income. Not really worth it.

If I even calculated that correclty lol.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Your idea could work to get dates (FW turns GW...), when they turn IDOC, but not to get a precis timer.

At UOMap we had similar idea though to get the map draw house locations, but it needed a specific file to be placed in the server.

Also your idea would need a LOT of reagents. Let's say server has 1200 houses and you run the script once per day its like 37,2k recall reagents per month lol for 1 recall reg. That would mean a lot of money in-game, which you reduce from the IDOC loot outcome. Not really worth it.

If I even calculated that correclty lol.
Oh I know it works lol, not saying it was worth it. Just stating it's possible. This method would only get you runes to the houses. From there toons would need to be set up for timers.

But you do help crush the idea people are scripting it or "using easyuo". So /thread

Sent from my SM-G900P