Make karma and fame fun.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Could we make fame a ladder system, so that the top 1% (for example) get Lord titles; the next, say, 5%, get 4th tier titles, the next 15% get third tier titles, and so on.

A lot of forums use a karmic system that allows users to give out a certain amount of karma each day. They typically do so in order to thank people for helpful posts. It could work similarly in the game.

Either, or both, of those changes would make the system fun and more meaningful.

@Shane @eppy @halygon @Adam @Swayze

halygon

Grandmaster
Could we make fame a ladder system, so that the top 1% (for example) get Lord titles; the next, say, 5%, get 4th tier titles, the next 15% get third tier titles, and so on.

A lot of forums use a karmic system that allows users to give out a certain amount of karma each day. They typically do so in order to thank people for helpful posts. It could work similarly in the game.

Either, or both, of those changes would make the system fun and more meaningful.

@Shane @eppy @halygon @Adam @Swayze
I am not against this idea, but my concern would be that it is a strong divergence from what people know and feel nostalgic about in UO. I think a simple way to make it more fun/rewarding would be to turn off the karma lock function and make the fame levels more difficult to reach.