Make Magic Resist mean something!

K A Z

Grandmaster
Sorry off topic here. But wands have had a really big effect from what I have seen. Can you use them on the run (GH wands) and if so doesn't that negate why explosion pots got the love?

yes you can. Factions only, though. IMO they should be available for everybody. That'd also make them more rare (due to higher demand). And G-Heal wands would be a nice tool for the poor tamers without resist I PK on the daily.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
yes you can. Factions only, though. IMO they should be available for everybody. That'd also make them more rare (due to higher demand). And G-Heal wands would be a nice tool for the poor tamers without resist I PK on the daily.

Ahh that's too bad. We have been having a harder time killing faction players since wands have been introduced. Thanks for the info man.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Ahh that's too bad. We have been having a harder time killing faction players since wands have been introduced. Thanks for the info man.

They can't use lightning/harm/fireball etc. wands (and all debuff) on you, though. They can only use healings wands on themselves. I'm not sure why exactly it's again only the factioners that receive this bonus.

JG123

Apprentice
I propose a new mechanic, when a player reaches GM resist, that player now has a chance of reflecting any offensive spells cast on them.

Doesnt have to be a huge percentage, but it as resist stands now, its barely worth the skill points. Proposal is simple and only obtainable when player reaches GM resist.

With defensive wrestling and spells hitting all the time without risk of a miss (like melee attacks have) this will slightly even the ground. Makes for better balance.
I propose a new mechanic that when a player reaches GM alchemy they can create a greater greater explo pot that costs 2x the normal regs and does 2x the amount of damage to a greater explo pot because right now alchemy is barely worth the skill points i'd rather take begging/spirit speak

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
They can't use lightning/harm/fireball etc. wands (and all debuff) on you, though. They can only use healings wands on themselves. I'm not sure why exactly it's again only the factioners that receive this bonus.

Yah its the GH wands that seem to have tipped the scales a bit. Between bandages, pots, GH wands and mini heals its hard to kill someone on the run. Always seems like whenever changes are made to increase factions fights or attract players to factions it has little ripples that trickle down to random fights.

Is it too late to wish for bola's HAR!

halv

Grandmaster
I put a lot of thoughts in the Magic Resist issue lately. Magic Resist is fine for PvP, no need for changes.

But for PvM/PvE i finally decided to drop it on my meta scribe for wrestling. If i use a vifivy daemon and reflect spells i don't need resist skill. But if the daemon dies and the spell is gone, it's becoming a run and hide scenario. Without resist a fight against fast caster can become devastating.

I think on dexers, zerkers. defenser and all kind of stun, heal or alchy mage resist is an important skill and just fine how it is. There are two templates in PvM that really don't need resist and can use 100 points more effective: scribe mages and stealth bards or Archer Bards.

My 5 cents

halygon

Grandmaster
How much of that is rpvp? Haha we fight a lot but alter the balance of the game due to our own policing. No ebolt auto targeting rails in our community, just not fun that way.
Maybe a good 30% is rpvp - us staff love to watch that as it is quite entertaining.

hubcap

Grandmaster
i seem to think it works better than what I remember......(T2A days on onward)
I don't know.....Wrestling and Resist gets me out of danger 9 times out of 10 being that the melee crowd whiffs so much.
Once that gets fixed.....you might have a point...

idk

just my $.02 adjusted for a Trump presidency.