Make Poisoning a more viable PvP template.

Gedron

Master
Lots of opportunity to strike a balance here. Ultimately staff needs to sit down and have another discussion regarding these mechanics because all anyone does in these threads is bash each other.

I agree. It seems that the majority of the posters are in agreeance that there needs to be a change, as well as are in line with similar ideas. It's only one or two nay sayers who try and troll everyone with insults, calling people stupid and such that come in and post. I have faith in the staff. My dreams were shattered when they said they would never change nox again, but now they are talking about working on it, so I am stoked!

I also believe the chance to poison with a weapon should be lowered. Perhaps 10% no skill and 20% gm poisoning. 40% is pretty fierce from what I am discovering.

halygon

Grandmaster
I also believe the chance to poison with a weapon should be lowered. Perhaps 10% no skill and 20% gm poisoning. 40% is pretty fierce from what I am discovering.

Heck yeah 40% is way OP in my opinion. I carry a 1h weapon and 20+ gcures because of that crap. Not to mention there's a chance that the gcure will not cure the poison and I have to cast cure or wait for my aid to kick in. Ppl can't stand fighting nox dexxors for that reason.

The only real change that could be made to nox mages without overpowering them would be to give them the ability to cast un-resistible poison.

Not to be the devils advocate here but doesn't that unbalance GM resist? I kind of like the idea that my GM resist can actually "resist" poison.

I understand the principle with the mage change, I would love to turn my pvp mage into a nox mage but I'm just saying.

halygon

Grandmaster
Not to be the devils advocate here but doesn't that unbalance GM resist? I kind of like the idea that my GM resist can actually "resist" poison.

I understand the principle with the mage change, I would love to turn my pvp mage into a nox mage but I'm just saying.
I'm that instance, it would be balanced because one skill would null out the resist. That would be "the" advantage to having a nox Mage.

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm perfectly ok with cure pots not curing a deadly poison. That just seems logical to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not. That means if you are a dexxor, dp is the end of you unless you can survive long enough to have your aid tick in. Granted you may be able to cast a lucky cure IF you have GM magery.. Or run away on your infinite stamina mount... Basically it's too OP..

Gedron

Master
I'm not. That means if you are a dexxor, dp is the end of you unless you can survive long enough to have your aid tick in. Granted you may be able to cast a lucky cure IF you have GM magery.. Or run away on your infinite stamina mount... Basically it's too OP..

Or drink another gcure. The statistical chance of you failing twice is incredibly low, plus the 5 second tick means you can get off multiple pots before the first tick. I assure you this is not OP in the least. They did this before and it worked very well but a select group of people on here(who's names I will not mention) don't like the idea that something can compete with their precious alchy mages. (Just my opinion of course)

A 60-75% chance to cure the first time with a pot followed by a 75-90% chance with the second. Any afterward is 100% chance to cure. This means at most you must drink 3 gcures to cure a DP. You will only take 1 tick of damage during this time.

I think the spell cure should also have the same fail chance. This makes arch cure a viable spell.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
I really hope the devs don't listen to most of you. The majority posting here are bad players with horrible ideas/changes..

halygon

Grandmaster
Or drink another gcure. The statistical chance of you failing twice is incredibly low, plus the 5 second tick means you can get off multiple pots before the first tick. I assure you this is not OP in the least. They did this before and it worked very well but a select group of people on here(who's names I will not mention) don't like the idea that something can compete with their precious alchy mages. (Just my opinion of course)

A 60-75% chance to cure the first time with a pot followed by a 75-90% chance with the second. Any afterward is 100% chance to cure. This means at most you must drink 3 gcures to cure a DP. You will only take 1 tick of damage during this time.

I think the spell cure should also have the same fail chance. This makes arch cure a viable spell.

Man, how often do you pvp vs dexxor poisoners? Or is math your strong suit? I've been poisoned many times by poison that is uncurable via gcure pots. When that happens I can drink three or four gcures and nothing happens. I have to get a cure spell off to cure myself. Only the devs truly know for a fact(by looking at the code) but I'm telling ya that poison dexxors get the chance to inflict +1 lvl poison to their dp'd weapons.

Gedron

Master
I fight them constantly and also have a nox mage who I went dexxer for a bit before bringing back as a nox/stun. I have never had the issue you are talking about. As far as I know, you are the only one saying this.

Make Poisoning Great Again.... I agree it needs some changes! I like a % chance not to cure with pots and the casting issues too.