Making a Dexxer for my first character!

xunderatedx

Neophyte
Im looking for some tips on making a dexxer, im following the template in "getting started" thread and i was just wondering if there was any other skills i should add with the extra 200 points. I was thinking magery and hiding. Im new to UO in general and i figured this s the easiest build for me to follow until i get to know the game better.
Also if anybody knows any friendly guilds who help newbies i will be looking for one. Im a quick learner and i catch on fast and m sure il repay you sometime in the future:)

Jager

Grandmaster
personally im a hide whore, every character i make starts with hideing, its a free easy skill to gain and drop if need be and it is incredably helpfull when you need it. but it really depends i guess on what you plan on doing with that character, if hees gonna be pvp or pvm.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
pvm mayb music/prov?
pvp alcy/poisoning

i think theres a few guilds recruiting.

The city of Trinsic (Trin) (very light- heavy rp) very friendly group of people.
TBH also seem to be a pretty active guild that are activly recruiting
or i have heard that Starbaby is running a guild for players new to UOF

check out the looking for group forums

xunderatedx

Neophyte
Thanks and i dont plan on pvping till i get really known with the game so i advice this character is pve/pvm, so music/prov? I thought about that. Wasn't forsure.. Hiding seems to be useful but i like the idea of provo. Idk yet, thanks for the feed back tho.

Jager

Grandmaster
if i had to restart all over again i would start with a bard/archer instead of the fencer/hide/mage i built.

xunderatedx

Neophyte
whys that^ and im kind of lost, my intel and dex and strength goes up as i fight, and my healing and swordsmanship, is it suppose too?

Jager

Grandmaster
Yea your stats will go up with certain skills. An at will raise int, and so on.. You can have 225 stats. Usually for a dexxer 100str/dex and 25 int.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

IMO, a Peace Dexxer is the best template for just starting out because everything is so easy to train with it, and it is powerful enough to take down Lich Lord paragons with some finesse.

-----------Mini Guide-----------

Stat Points:
100 Strength
100 Dexterity
25 Intelligence

Necessary Skill Points:

100 Music
100 Peacemaking
100 Fencing/Mace/Swords/Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing

Optional Skills:

Magery
-Pros -- Tons of utility for travelling/escaping, healing/curing, and buffing. The best ability for getting away from PKs.
-Cons -- Requires 35 or more Intelligence to able to use healing/curing/buffing capabilities effectively without running into too many mana regeneration problems, which will lower your dexterity or strength from 100

Resists
-Pros -- Tons of survivability for when your Peacemaking fails or between area Peacemaking cycles.
-Cons -- Expensive to train. Theoretically 90% of the monster you fight will not be attacking you.

Hiding
-Pros -- Great for breaking agro from monsters and PKs.
-Cons -- Easily replace by using the Invisibility spell.

Lumberjacking
-Pros -- Potential to be the highest damage when combined with swords, and can help you make moneyresources by gathering wood.
-Cons -- A lot of points to us just for extra damage.
Start out your character with 50 magery, 49 healing, and 1 musicianship.

I would recommend going Magery and Resists for the most useful extra abilities, or even something like 80 Magery, 80 Resists, 40 Meditation.

-------------------------------------------

Like I said, the reason I love this template starting out is that it is super easy and fast to get up to speed. For a really low cost starting character, go for a Macing Peace Dexxer. Start your character this this:

Magery 50, Healing 49, Musicianship 1

Macro Musicianship until it is in the 80s by simply double clicking the starter instrument. Once this is done, you an start training Peacemaking by macroing the ability on yourself (Area Peace). Make sure you buy 15-20 instruments, as they will break with Peacemaking use. Head someplace quiet that's in a guard zone and has animals or NPCs around -- Or if you want faster gains and you are a "New Player" do this in the New Player Dungeon; if not I like the Britain Sewers. Both of these places will give you bonus experience.

After Peacemaking is GM, go to your favorite farming spot, Peace your target, and wail away! Your combat abilities will GM in no time if you are in a dungeon, but your healing ability will lag behind. because of this I would hold off on fighting tougher monster that will break your Peace early (Liches and up) until you can macro healing up.

For the "creme de la creme" Peace Dexxer I recommend going Archery for your combat skills, and Magery and Resists for your last two. Reason being is that eventually you will want to move on to bigger, badder, better monster to fight, and targeted Peacemaking will fail too often, and your Area Peace will only last two seconds before the monster is attacking you again. At this point you will want to switch to a Provoker, and Provo Archers are bad ass.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

gucci mane

Apprentice
i reccomend a hiding dexxer for sure, eventually changing it into a bard or something

hide lets you go AFK better and dodge PKs
you can also hide while using healing bandages, just run off screen from the monster, start bandage, then hide (if you hide before bandage then it will reveal you). you should actually make a hotkey for BandageSelf in razor and begin bandaging as soon as you take even 1HP damage because it takes awhile. you dont know how much dmg you are going to receive so start it early always

when fighting monsters you can "joust" them which means run by them once when your character is ready to swing, and then move away so the monster is not damaging you. works best with slow hard hitting weapons like halberds but can be done with any weapon

this character will be good for wandering around and learning the game until you know more about the intricacies

WeaponSkill (sword,fence,mace,archery)
Tactics (boosts weapon damage)
Anatomy (boosts healing amount from bandages and also adds weapon damage)
Healing (increases amount healed with bandages, cure poison, ressurect ghosts at higher skill level)
Hiding (higher levels allow you greater success and can hide closer to hostile mobs)
Magery (cast spells, increases healing done with heal/greaterheal spell, etc. read up about it)
Resisting Spells (take less dmg from spells and also sometimes completely resist them like poison so they never hit you)

if it's your 1st char dont worry about if you gain other skills, you can dabble in them and see what you like. resist and mage are the hardest to gain on that list, it's best if you start with 50 in them in character creation (or swap one out for healing. doesnt really matter because you should go and buy up skill from NPC trainers asap)

then you can purchase skillpoints from NPC trainers (example go to a weapon store and click on an NPC and see what you can train, then drop gold on the NPC. get gold from a graveyard or other easy zone like the britain sewer and then buy up as high as you can like 50 in all the rest of your skills on that list)

healing is the next hardest one to gain, obtain bandages by going to farms and shearing sheep with a knife (make a macro to use knife) then take their wool to a tailor shop and spin them into bandages with loom+spinning wheel

bank everything you dont need at the moment because you WILL die in stupid ways a lot of times

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
Necessary Skill Points:

100 Music
100 Peacemaking
100 Fencing/Mace/Swords/Archery
100 Tactics
100 Healing

Anatomy?!?

OP,

Archer bard is a great first Char. they are cheap, and easy to make, require less gear than a standard dexer (less to lose when you do die), can take on most high end MOBs solo, and make almost as much money as a tamer. the only difficult part about this build is it requires arrows and thus some gold to buy them.

I would recommend starting off with swords skill and switching it out for archery once you have a little gold to spend on arrows.

there are many ways to make a Archer bard but some skills are pretty standard.

Music
Provocation
Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing

these skills are pretty standard in an archer bard. though sometimes people tweak the skill levels a bit to try and add in 2 other useful skills.

for the last skill slot you should do either

Hiding
Magery

Some people say Magic Resist, but I think if you need it your not being a very good bard

personally I would recommend hiding. as has been said its cheap to train and very useful. (Provoked MOBs will stay Provoked if you use hiding). Magery adds a little more Survivability and versatility to the build but costs about 30k to train and isn't super useful without Meditation.

Stats will vary depending if you're using magery or not.

W/O Magery
100 str
35 Int
90 Dex

W Magery

100 str
65 int
60 dex

If your looking for help on how to train skill let me know I have trained almost all the major skills in the game at this point and can help you get going. I'm also pretty good at Macro writing in Razor, so I can help there too.

Also, If your looking for a guild to get some help let me know. I run a new player guild. its a small guild with really helpful people. we are also part of the TBE alliance so there is always lots of people on you can hunt with. If you're interested Message me or grab me in game. my char name is the same as my forum name.

Thanks,

xunderatedx

Neophyte
Anatomy?!?

OP,

Archer bard is a great first Char. they are cheap, and easy to make, require less gear than a standard dexer (less to lose when you do die), can take on most high end MOBs solo, and make almost as much money as a tamer. the only difficult part about this build is it requires arrows and thus some gold to buy them.

I would recommend starting off with swords skill and switching it out for archery once you have a little gold to spend on arrows.

there are many ways to make a Archer bard but some skills are pretty standard.

Music
Provocation
Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing

these skills are pretty standard in an archer bard. though sometimes people tweak the skill levels a bit to try and add in 2 other useful skills.

for the last skill slot you should do either

Hiding
Magery

Some people say Magic Resist, but I think if you need it your not being a very good bard

personally I would recommend hiding. as has been said its cheap to train and very useful. (Provoked MOBs will stay Provoked if you use hiding). Magery adds a little more Survivability and versatility to the build but costs about 30k to train and isn't super useful without Meditation.

Stats will vary depending if you're using magery or not.

W/O Magery
100 str
35 Int
90 Dex

W Magery

100 str
65 int
60 dex

If your looking for help on how to train skill let me know I have trained almost all the major skills in the game at this point and can help you get going. I'm also pretty good at Macro writing in Razor, so I can help there too.

Also, If your looking for a guild to get some help let me know. I run a new player guild. its a small guild with really helpful people. we are also part of the TBE alliance so there is always lots of people on you can hunt with. If you're interested Message me or grab me in game. my char name is the same as my forum name.

Thanks,
i really like this, i might actually do this. I wanna do a bard build but idek how to start it. thanks for that mate

halygon

Grandmaster
Umm.. You should do magery unless you want to die more often than you should and be able to actually get around. Magery gives you:

- recall
- strength spell
- magic reflection!
- cure
- heal/greater heal
- gate travel (for friends)
- and many more

You choose the last skill.