Melee Character Question

aaron smith

Neophyte
Hello,

After a few weeks of taming training, i finally became a GM tamer and i am enjoying to do hunting with my pet dragons.
But when i do hunting, most of the time i see in the dungeons are mostly tamers or sometimes prov archer.
I barely see any melee character who fight the monsters with melee weapon or shield + sword...etc

I wonder is melee character not good for pvm in this game?
I tried to melee some monsters with my another GM fencer char, it is doing ok when i am fighting some orges or earth elements, but when i try to fight something like poison elements or dragon or daemons....i got killed within 2-3 hit.....

Can anyone share any nice experience of doing a good melee character?

KaganV

Apprentice
Pure dexxers aren't that great for PvM. I haven't tried any of the dexxer relics UOF, which might help, but most people run a bard archer or a tamer for PvM. Provocation works like no other in controlling mobs and killing them. I think some people might run melee fighters with peacemaking, but peacemaking isn't as effective as provo. For non-bard/taming, I would recommend archery for kiting. Dexxers can be good for PvP, though many people obviously roll mage.

SidX

Grandmaster
I see this in youtube, is this possible to do like this in UOF too?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rGJgWmsQ70
It's probably tougher on UOF since that guy was chugging cure pots like one every 2 seconds.. the timer is longer on UOF, not exactly sure but definitely not that fast.

Otherwise I don't see why that can't be done on UOF. A greater strength + agility potion to increase Str/HP and dex along with bandage healing and heal/cure potions. Not too difficult to stay above 40% HP.