Melee PVM?

DingDong

Master
Need some advice here. Was thinking of a stealth/provo/meleechar pure pvm.
What melee skill/ weapon should I go for with the highest damage output. Will not use magery except for recall so Ill go 100 str and 100 dex 25 int.
Plan was to provo and then kill mobs as fast as possible with a weapon. No pvp at all. I have 300 point to go for the melee. So maybe sw/tac/lj? Or mace/tac/anat. Arch/tac/ana. Melee/tac/parry?
Want to hit fast and as hard as poss on the cruel monster out there, chug som pots for str dex cure and heal.
So in short words, fast and most damage output. ☺

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Vorax

Grandmaster
I did mace tac anat, if you do that, and use a slayer war hammer you'll hit for 200+

Edit- Although my macer does not have provo, he does have a berserk Tali, which turns up my damage, and i can still man fight dragons and stuff along those levels, even without armor.

DingDong

Master
I did mace tac anat, if you do that, and use a slayer war hammer you'll hit for 200+

Edit- Although my macer does not have provo, he does have a berserk Tali, which turns up my damage, and i can still man fight dragons and stuff along those levels, even without armor.
Holy heck, thats brutal :)
I havent got the hang of the Talis, how do they work? Wont work on a bard right?

Vorax

Grandmaster
No they wont work on a bard or a Tamer, the only one i've began work on is the Berserk, its ups your damage a ton, but you have to fight naked if you want to level it efficiently, which is fine by me since i suits my playstyle :p

To get one you just follow the quest for it, and boom there you go in your pack and blessed, then its off to training it you go :D

But from what i'm told, and from what I've learned myself, its very worth it, I go around 1 shotting liches, 3-4 shotting lich lords, and just destroying dragons and ancient liches, and stuff on that level

DingDong

Master
That sounds like a plan, maybe i should start up the quest and go that way, take away provo and go healing and something else :)
Can you choose your talisman or are they random?

DingDong

Master
Many thanks to you Vorax for all the information...I have some reading to do, some weapons to collect and some rearranging on my skills :)

kurtis

Grandmaster
Even with stealth, you are going to want a way to heal yourself that isn't just potions. Otherwise your life will just be annoying. Either magery or healing. If you aren't going healing, you really don't need anat. Anat just adds 20% extra damage, which is nice but not necessary (especially if you have a slayer weap to double your damage). Its main use is to improve your healing ability and allow for special moves on 2-handed weapons.

I think a melee/provo/stealther is stretching yourself too thin but here's a template that can work:
100+ provo
100 music
100 hiding
80 stealth
100 weapon skill
100 tactics
80-90 magery
30-40 meditation

Personally, I'd drop stealth for the extra magery and meditation. You'll have to balance your dex/int stats a bit but it's worth it. That way you can freely wear armor, your high magery heals and ability to cast reflect will keep you alive, and you'll always have mana. Archery is great for this build. I've played that template and it can make tons of gold. And it has a lot of utility because of the magery/med.

Alternatively, you can go the 5x warrior (heal, anat, weapon skill, tactics, resist) with music/provo build. Or if you must have hiding, drop resist for hiding.

DingDong

Master
Even with stealth, you are going to want a way to heal yourself that isn't just potions. Otherwise your life will just be annoying. Either magery or healing. If you aren't going healing, you really don't need anat. Anat just adds 20% extra damage, which is nice but not necessary (especially if you have a slayer weap to double your damage). Its main use is to improve your healing ability and allow for special moves on 2-handed weapons.

I think a melee/provo/stealther is stretching yourself too thin but here's a template that can work:
100+ provo
100 music
100 hiding
80 stealth
100 weapon skill
100 tactics
80-90 magery
30-40 meditation

Personally, I'd drop stealth for the extra magery and meditation. You'll have to balance your dex/int stats a bit but it's worth it. That way you can freely wear armor, your high magery heals and ability to cast reflect will keep you alive, and you'll always have mana. Archery is great for this build. I've played that template and it can make tons of gold. And it has a lot of utility because of the magery/med.

Alternatively, you can go the 5x warrior (heal, anat, weapon skill, tactics, resist) with music/provo build. Or if you must have hiding, drop resist for hiding.
Hi and thanks for the great input. Tried my stealth provo melee but you r right about the healing point. It was pretty great with just 1 or 2 mobs, 1 mob i killed with an axe and 2 mobs provo then and then kill. 3 mobs or more was hard if they where casters, had to provo, run los and then hide. Most of the times i had to run to far away and that would break the provo, drank a gheal and they just healed about 10-30, not good at all. So i took away stealth again, now i have sw/tac/ana/heal/hide/mus/prov. Gonna drop sw for archery and when i get comfy in the dungeons i will drop hide for magery. Change my stats a little. Would love to have resist but i cant fit it in :( it seems like its either ana/heal or res spells/med that i can change in this temp. Its not easy to find a good mix. But after i made the archery done i should hunt and learn my char before changing it anymore :)

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Resist in a pvm char is overrated. You can be fine without. Even just a little will help but you def don't need GM.
Will hurt with pks. But more so then not you have multiple pks run up on you targeting. Rule of thumb, always have reflect casted. ALWAYS!

My Archer/Bard has that last template you posted, except I have 60 magery/40 resist instead of hiding.
He straight rapes shit in dungeons! Farms gold almoOost has fast as a tamer! Hell I even have spots that I can solo where a solo tamer cant.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
forget all your plans take the time to make a meta dexer you wont be dissapointed , and u wont need provoke. message me on irc if you needs any tips advice or have any questions

Malkraven

Grandmaster
berserker for a dexer!!!! for pure damage output!

or if u decide to play a mage, there is meta mage talisman too!

there is an alternative talisman for a dexer which makes u super tanky.

how tanky is tanky? i was planning on beserker with LJ or something close can the tanky one go toe to toe with high end mobs?

mayb parry + slayer armor + defensive meta? (or is it just wishful thinking?)

FAMARA

Grandmaster
how tanky is tanky? i was planning on beserker with LJ or something close can the tanky one go toe to toe with high end mobs?

mayb parry + slayer armor + defensive meta? (or is it just wishful thinking?)

tanky can very well go toe to toe with high high end mobs.

i have seen the tanky talisman people fight paragon elder dragons and shit toe to toe..

level 10 talisman + slayer armor + relics i see no reason why u couldnt tank balrons without running.