Meta mage leveling

elfyburk

Expert
do the extra damage from the talisman (regardless if it's equipped with relics or not) also apply to summons? i.e. vortex/deamons, or just direct 1:1 damage spells?

Weland

Grandmaster
So a meta mage, are they able to hunt dragons and demons efficiently or are there other mobs you should focus on to make gold?

Weland

Grandmaster
Ok cool. I mean I have my tamer if I have too I just wanted another powerhouse and a meta mage sounds like a lot of fun, but demons and dragons are my current cash crops lol.

So when I'm like for say hunting MOTMs with a fresh new mage that I'm almost done training. Should I just summon a demon and rock that for mob aggro or will I hit hard enough to drop them with a few shots from lightning or ebs?

Sorry I know nothing about using magery to hunt was a provo tamer and now an archer tamer so I apologize for the rather noobish questions.

I personaly dont use a demon to hunt. Kiting and ebolt/lightning spamm works fine for me

At lvl 10 with max ed out relics i need only 3 ebolts for a demon and 4-5 for a dragon without slayer books

Kairus

Adept
can i level my meta mage by killing monsters with a weapon? or by casting energy vortex? i mean when energy vortex kills enemies ofc

can i level my meta mage by killing monsters with a weapon? or by casting energy vortex? i mean when energy vortex kills enemies ofc
Vortex DMG gives no exp and you dont gain from your spells as long as your vortex is the target.

Demons work as a meatshield but you get a bit less exp per dmg

I never tried to use a wepon but i dont think it will work. At least it shouldnt

Weland

Grandmaster
Hopefully my future meta mage will be done training resist by the time I get home. So what are some mobs to avoid when starting out because you will get whipped?