Mining macro's ... Need a GM answer pls.

Duckworth

Grandmaster
I agree with you Steel, I've never checked or tested the rate at which you mine colored ore. I'm sure it isn't 100% valorite for any given mine attempt. Anyway, if you're willing to risk everything to sit on your ass for 4+ stratight of watching your screen, it should be rewarded.

The point is, its not really hurting the economy since there are plenty ways to farm WAY faster. 1.3m for 4 hours per day of playtime sure sounds very very fair to me.

Duckworth

Grandmaster
Is mining the real problem? It would be way easier and more profitable for me to just script crafting armor/weapons/slayers and placing them neatly on a vendor. I would be making 20x more than just selling the ingots, perfectly legal too, but that's just not my thing.

We could debate for a long time, but it's not the point. Lets just wait for the official response by @Shane

SteelSexi

Master
Anyway, if you're willing to risk everything to sit on your ass for 4+ stratight of watching your screen, it should be rewarded.

The point is, its not really hurting the economy since there are plenty ways to farm WAY faster. 1.3m for 4 hours per day of playtime sure sounds very very fair to me.

I agree with you 100%. But my point is that mining can make a lot of money. And I understand why the GMs check on us to make sure we aren't AFK mining. Now the question for all of us miners - Is that the only rule? If we can simply just watch our screen and respond anytime a GM checks on us, are we playing by the server rules here? - Because it seems that people are getting in trouble for doing just that. And that's why it's obvious that we need more specific clarity on what rules are being broken if people are getting in trouble for attending their mining scripts and responding to GMs immediately.

rimmshot

Master
Ok I have held out for 2 days with no mining . My vendor stock is almost empty .

So back to mining tonight if something happens to me and I get banned by my favorite staff member . Note that I did try to wait for a CLEAR answer as to what the rule is or is not .

Love you all

sincerely yours : Your favorite miner .

Edit : I will miss seer Steve the most . You where really cool

S

Shane

I think if you are clearly using an in depth automated macro to mine, and are clearly using it day after day, even if you do respond there COULD be punishment that would add up for this.

Something like this would be a case by case basis and handled as so.

So to put;
If caught day after day doing this non stop on a macro, even if you respond but are clearly using an in-depth script of some sort- you very well could be banned. I don't think people should have to click non stop for every ingot, but at the same time i don't believe people should be allowed to use 2 miners non stop even if they are at the PC. This is automated scripting and is bannable.

It will be handled at our discretion on a case by case basis and could go either way depending on many things.

rimmshot

Master
ok . one last question . is the banable offence because of use of 2 miners or is it the scripting day after day ?
with only 1 miner

halygon

Grandmaster
I think if you are clearly using an in depth automated macro to mine, and are clearly using it day after day, even if you do respond there COULD be punishment that would add up for this.

Something like this would be a case by case basis and handled as so.

So to put;
If caught day after day doing this non stop on a macro, even if you respond but are clearly using an in-depth script of some sort- you very well could be banned. I don't think people should have to click non stop for every ingot, but at the same time i don't believe people should be allowed to use 2 miners non stop even if they are at the PC. This is automated scripting and is bannable.

It will be handled at our discretion on a case by case basis and could go either way depending on many things.
I understand what you are saying and the reasoning behind it, but isn't that like drawing a grey line? Depending on who is enforcing it, what you just said can be taken many different ways. What is a in-depth macro for one person may be a simple one for another. Plus, if someone is not afk, it means they are putting in the time to be at their computer and play actively on the shard. Seems counter-productive to say that not being afk is not enough.

I think the purpose of this thread is to make this black and white so that not only players, but staff members too can also know exactly when a player crosses the line into bannable territory.

Bryce

Adept
ok . one last question . is the banable offence because of use of 2 miners or is it the scripting day after day ?
with only 1 miner

Both. The degree in which the automation process is done is a program playing the game for you. Whether at keys or not, it's less and less the person playing, and more and more an attendant overseeing operations.

rimmshot

Master
ok ... im starting to understand now . Its making more since ,

So dose that mean i can only run the macro for a certain amount of time ? mines ? ore ? ... or NOT at all ?

also can someone explain what a " in depth automated macro to mine " is ? dose this mean i have to hit certain key binds per hour ratio ?
example : rimmshot you need to hit 38 keys per hour while mining ?

rimmshot

Master

So dose that mean i can only run the macro for a certain amount of time ? mines ? ore ? ... or NOT at all ?

also can someone explain what a " in depth automated macro to mine " is ? dose this mean i have to hit certain key binds per hour ratio ?

Last think i want to point out is this .. with out derailing the conversation .. is it legal to AFK fishing over night with a macro ?
cause the point im trying to get at is there is ALOT of automation in this game that is allow ( or NOT enforced )

Bryce

Adept

By 'in-depth' it refers to more than your average 10 lines of recorded actions.

For example:

Runebook mining.
The fact that one presses 'play' and it goes to the mining locale, mines, recalls to bank/housebox for drop-off, recalls to next rune so on so forth all in a sequence without having to do each one. Essentially looping itself all the way through the runebook.
That's too automated. We can understand recalling manually to a location. Hitting your 'mining' macro to mine up that vein. Then manually recalling to the bank, drop off, recall manually to the next rune, hit that button again so on so forth. This is at least playing your character.

But to have a script/macro do ALL of this for you is not one playing their character. It's a program doing it for them.

rimmshot

Master
ok so from your last post bryce im guessing that i can use the macro at ALL ? or limited use ? .. because of automation

Last edited by a moderator:

rimmshot

Master
So the last part to this @ bryce what is it you are wanting me to do to shorten ( make it simpler ) ? Im understanding that you dont want automation in mining ( or the game havn't gotten and answer on this one yet ) So can i push a button to recall out , another button to mine and recall home/bank ?? is this legal .

FYi before anyone gets into thinking im bitching about the rules ,,, im not . Im just try to find out what is automation and what is not ?

Bryce

Adept
So the last part to this @ bryce what is it you are wanting me to do to shorten ( make it simpler ) ? Im understanding that you dont want automation in mining ( or the game havn't gotten and answer on this one yet ) So can i push a button to recall out , another button to mine and recall home/bank ?? is this legal .

FYi before anyone gets into thinking im bitching about the rules ,,, im not . Im just try to find out what is automation and what is not ?

I appreciate your questions.
Remember. This isn't targetted at you solely or anything.
If you had any idea how many people per day we bust that don't respond within 3 minutes, you'd be shocked. And a lot of them respond a minute or two after action is taken.
Thing of it is, it's a gateway. People get more and more laxed. Then it's afk.

And no, we don't like automation especially for profit.

In answer to your question, yes, that would be ideal/great. It requires the player to be FAR more interactive than hitting a button once and staring at the screen (or in many cases, the tv).

Again, we don't pick on specific people by name. We type a command, followed by a resource, and it ports us to players that have amassed/are amassing the most within a given timeframe. We then monitor, and address if need be.

rimmshot

Master
perfect i can do that sir ..

"And no, we don't like automation especially for profit. "

Ok so i am not going to argue about the rule of no automation but you might want to look into ALOT of other skills that you can AFK overnight and make a TON of gold . just a few examples

AFK fishing over night
AFK recalls over night
AFK smithing i watch someone gm smith in 2 nights AFK
AFK recalls , armor , slayer weapons ect ect ect

I can think of more but you get the point by now . there are ALOT of ways to be COMPLETELY AFK over night and make ALOT more gold than i do .

But thank you for a clear cut answer . I will change my macro today .

S

Shane

I think we will make a solid rule here actually, i will change the rules page soon here.

MACROING IN ONE AREA WITH RAZOR (so you don't have to click non-stop) IS LEGAL.

USING ANY SORT OF RUNEBOOK, RECALL, RAILING, BOT-LIKE automation is bannable.

I mean if you CLEARLY look more like a robot than a person, then yeah you most likely shouldn't be doing it.

Also if your a veteran player, know your shit, and clearly all your doing is macroing mining to make a profit, there's most likely an issue with that whole scenario. That's not playing the game at all, you're just watching it...