Mining question

eppy

Grandmaster
Ok what other crap should I know about? You can dig with a shovel and a pick at the same time.... I know that one.

Tynder

Master
Since you are seldomly just mining for iron ore, this really only gives a slight advantage. Butt naked with no tools on you, you can carry maybe 29 big ore piles. With all the colored ore you pull, which does not appear to have a small pile version, it limits the benefit significantly.

The small ore piles are found on regular old earth elementals. Colored Ore Elementals only yield large piles of their type. I would propose adding small piles of these types rather than removing the small iron ore piles.

I would be very sad if this were to change to remove the small ore piles as I have been using this mechanic since I started in July of 2013. I do recall using a similar mechanic on OSI shards as well.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Since you are seldomly just mining for iron ore, this really only gives a slight advantage. Butt naked with no tools on you, you can carry maybe 29 big ore piles. With all the colored ore you pull, which does not appear to have a small pile version, it limits the benefit significantly.

The small ore piles are found on regular old earth elementals. Colored Ore Elementals only yield large piles of their type. I would propose adding small piles of these types rather than removing the small iron ore piles.

I would be very sad if this were to change to remove the small ore piles as I have been using this mechanic since I started in July of 2013. I do recall using a similar mechanic on OSI shards as well.
Sure but on OSI small ore piles were part of normal mining, and gave less ingots than a large pile. I rather enjoy NOT having to mess around with the different size ore piles. Seems like the small ore piles were missed in the earth ele loot table, but were removed everywhere else from the OSI code. Agree that it doesn't provide a huge advantage since it's only iron impacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
In all of the hours and hours of mining I have done, I always just have a blue beetle that I dump full piles of ore in.

I have a macro that when I dismount it opens the beetle's pack and other macros that automatically smelts all of my ore on me and on my beetle in just a couple seconds.

I agree that I like never having to mess around with the different size piles too.