Minoc cave guard zoned, profession unions and more...

drinn

Grandmaster
Some suggestions I have been thinking after playing a couple of months here. Note that they are just suggestions about my past UO experience into this UOF experience.

Professions

- Ability to sell fish steaks to NPCs for 1-3gp.

- Percent of MiBs and SOS compensated with Treasure maps and fish nets.. at the moment you are getting too many treasure maps as a GM Fisher, forcing Fishers to buy MiBs and SOS from Vendors as being unlucky (percent is lower than 30%). Killed many sea serpents & water elementals & other sea mobs, but never got MiBs, or SOS.

- Profession unions for keeping economy in balance. Every profession could have a standing committee in charge of pricing the items they are able to craft. Let's say Scribes can decide price for Full Spellbooks and Runebooks. Profession unions have some headquarters, where players could check the current prices for different items.

- Minoc cave guard zoned. Currently you can see lame PKs recalling there and killing newbies (having fun with them), or their pack horses only, which is pretty ********, since they can not defend themselves. Only defend is to run away and with pack horse its kinda bad. That is making them to quit the game, or deleting that character.

- Getting different Ores and Logs from different locations, not from the same spot and according to skill. For example you could find Valorite from caves in Fire Island and those spots would be rare & random. Would provoke world traveling and making those ingots more profitable. Changing world economy and PvP a bit.

- A common market area, where players could buy spot for their vendor. Lowering the Vendor spam while traveling the world and making finding items a little more easy. Market area could be separated for different professions. Mage Shop somewhere etc.

PvP

- Ability to cast with Mace Fighting (staffs etc.). Staffs belong to Mages (Gandalf...).

- Red flag overruling Criminal flags. No more useless Criminal flags for being Red.

PvE

- Dungeon chests more profitable. At the moment you are only getting like max 400gp from them and a couple of gems / useless scrolls, which you can't sell. And since some of the mobs see you in hide, its pretty challenging to get chests lockpicked in dungeons.

Events

- Better warnings for, if players can kill each other during the events. Would be great for Reds and Criminals not getting gangbanged there. More equality! This happened for me last time, when I got excited to get into Champ event and then for my surprise getting gangbanged in 2 minutes. Every blue attacking. So less Blue-Only events thank you!

- Better warnings for Bring Your Own events. Last CTF I probably missed the text, when it said Bring Your Own Stuff. Or did it even say anything.. Good being there with no reagents lol. I wasn't the only one in that situation.

- Gates for Reds & Criminals @ events. NOT INTO BRITAIN!!! There actually were gates into event from Bucc's Den, but after the event got gated to Britain (when gangbanged again). Not everything has to be in Britain.

Money

- Ability to steal bank checks. Since you can steal gold from backpack, why not gold checks too? This is only related to people's ways handling money in-game. Just like most of players have handled their fortune now, being very well prepared regarding thieves. There's Docks anyways. And if money gets stolen, its not thieves's fault.

- Ability to steal Trash Tokens. Why they were even made blessed? Tokens created from trash... TRASH! Should be like platinum coins are now.

- Making Donation Coins non-tradeable with in-game currency (gold etc.). Donation Coins only for Donation Items.

Housing

- Since the world seems to be completely filled with houses and looks like IDOCs are just legends, what about making house decays shorter? I have seen several Greatly worn, but no single IDOC. Will they ever even turn into IDOC? Is it just a tale.. this would led giving house spots for current active players and players, who have quit playing long time ago, house-wiped. The decay time from Greatly worn to IDOC could be like 2-3 days, or what about making it OSI style. I've heard players and staff saying its ~week, but there are no actual proofs of it. Making it better for IDOC hunters, world travelers and world PvP.

Misc

- Non-blessed items, which can't be stolen somehow tagged [Non-stealable] to decrease the feelings of disappointment.

Updated 24.2.2014 - 15:29

Last edited by a moderator:

Nihilism

Grandmaster
There is proof that the greatly to IDOC is a week. And houses drop every day. Just need to search more.

I'd like to see dono coins non-tradeable as well. Instead of a constant influx of more and more, and them just trading hands and being a currency, would be better to force people to buy items (deleted coins from server) if they wanna use it as currency. But will prob never happen.

Trash tokens don't matter. The rewards are/will be useless and valueless. So not really an issue.

Fishsteak selling, I'd be ok with this, but we would lose half the server due to banning from afk resource gathering. So sadly, no.

Spell-channeling staves would be ok, as long as they did zero stam reduction upon hit, and hit as hard as wrestling. Purely cosmetic in other words.

Macefighting etc has slayers etc, anything else tweaked to it would have pvp implications/complications.

Just my opinions, but these are a few reasons I see these particular ones a bit flawed.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah, houses go idoc and fall ALL THE TIME. Just because you are seeing them doesn't mean there aren't any. It's hard work to manage a list of FW, GW, and IDOCs and track them through fall. Don't expect to just walk around and instant find an IDOC falling in front if you.