Monster Spawn Locations (Filling Pokedex)

Tarena

Master
I just Gm'ed taming last night and ate scrolls to get to 114 taming (115 lore) and am trying to get the legendary tamer title. I have figured out most of them with help from people on IRC, but need a little bit more help on the following. Some i know where they spawn but am assuming they are so rare that i havent seen them yet... can you please let me know what estimated spawn times are?

Rare White Horse
respawn timer: ????? (never seen it)

Rideable beetle

Death beetle

Nightmare

Ridgeback
Location: somebody told me it was on the island between the desert and Yew with the big castle-bridge connecting it... but all i saw there was a Paleo drake...

Savage Ridgeback

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Rare white horse spawns there but super rarely, I think it's once a month

Beetle in spider cave, all the way east near the exit to the outside area. Pretty quick spawn, I'd say 30 minutes max

Death beetle spawns in ice 3, near the snake logo in the snow. Timer I'm not sure, every 6-12 hours I heard. I've seen it there a few times

Nightmare in fire is correct, I've seen it there multiple times a day so the timer isn't too long. Also spawns in other places (hythloth and terra keep I think), but at a much slower rate. The fire location is your best bet. Here:

nightmare_zps3775e68c.jpg

Ridgeback and Savage Ridgeback both spawn where you saw that drake. Timer is weird, though I know the regular ridgeback spawns more often than the savage. Here:

ridgeback_zpsec68ca94.jpg

Messremb

Grandmaster
Rare white horse spawns there but super rarely, I think it's once a month

Beetle in spider cave, all the way east near the exit to the outside area. Pretty quick spawn, I'd say 30 minutes max

Death beetle spawns in ice 3, near the snake logo in the snow. Timer I'm not sure, every 6-12 hours I heard. I've seen it there a few times

Nightmare in fire is correct, I've seen it there multiple times a day so the timer isn't too long. Also spawns in other places (hythloth and terra keep I think), but at a much slower rate. The fire location is your best bet.

Ridgeback and Savage Ridgeback both spawn where you saw that drake. Timer is weird, though I know the regular ridgeback spawns more often than the savage. Here:

ridgeback_zpsec68ca94.jpg
excellent info, a few things to add.

Rare white horse is not on a timer, it's attached to the white drake spawn. Every time a drake spawns it has a small chance to be a rare white horse.

ridable beetle us on more like 10 min timer but sometimes you need to kill all the spawn to get it to spawn. Might be easier to buy one release it and retame that way.

Nightmare in fire is about 4 hour timer.

GL sir,

Tarena

Master
Can i get a little clarification on this dwade?

"Death beetle spawns in ice 3, near the snake logo in the snow. Timer I'm not sure, every 6-12 hours I heard. I've seen it there a few times"

Ice 3 is the basement looking thing, but i dont see a snake logo or any snow.. :/

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Ice 3 is a newer dungeon, here's the entrance which can be found on the first level of Ice:

ice3ent_zps5806543c.jpg

And this is where the death beetle spawns:

ice3_zps5d6e4482.jpg

You can't recall into or out of Ice 3 so be careful. To get out you have to use the teleporter

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Night Ostard spawns around the cave on fire temple island:

DbvVYOG.jpg

Im not sure of the timer however. If someone does I'll edit this again to include. Requires 120 taming to ride, MAYBE 115. Again not sure on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarena

Master
I can confirm that savage ridgeback DOES spawn there as i just tamed one :) now i just need to camp for a regular ridgeback

Tarena

Master
jeeze, any suggestions on how to get past those spiders in the cave with rideable beetle? that poison is CRAZY

Bunnky

Grandmaster
jeeze, any suggestions on how to get past those spiders in the cave with rideable beetle? that poison is CRAZY
You can prep invis, then run in all the way to the back then invis/hide. There's a cluster in the back too, so just be careful where you hide.

Tarena

Master
Do death beetles require you to beat them into submission?

Or can I take at 100% health like I can with nightmares?

84brian

Grandmaster
U can take it at 100% health. It's a toughy cuz it dp's and mAges u to death. I think it's on a 24-48 hour timer.