MotM Replacement - Dungeon Bosses

bradley-

Grandmaster
The Monster of the Month has been introduced twice since the beginning of the server and each time has only lasted for 3-4 months, if that. I understand that it can be time consuming, challenging, and stressful to develop, create, and implement a brand new boss every month so here is my suggestion to replace it:

Dungeon Bosses!

Create a dungeon boss for each dungeon. Just as an example, Akor could be moved from Cove to Destard because it would fit with the scene. Make him a little more difficult though... 3 tamers can take him down without any issues.

I'd like to see the Sphinx, the Hydra, the Warlock, and the Ogre return from the dead as dungeon bosses as well. 1/4th of the bosses have already been created! Just need to put them back into the game we love!

But, how do we find the boss? How often does he spawn? Why should I kill him?

Let's break it down...

How do we find the dungeon boss?
I think it'd be really neat to add a semi-rare drop onto all mobs in a dungeon. Just as an example, lets say that every mob in Destard has a 1-5% chance to drop a special, dungeon-specific crystal. After collecting 50 crystals, you take them to an altar hidden somewhere in the Destard and use all 50 crystals. Once all 50 crystals are used, Akor would spawn in a random location on a random level inside Destard. Each dungeon could work the same way.​

How often does he spawn?
I think that if players had free reign to farm as fast as they could to get the crystals then the dungeon bosses would be done too often. There should still be a daily limit to the dungeon boss. I think that 1 dungeon boss spawn, per dungeon, every 18 hours would be sufficient. That way, players can't collect up 300 crystals and kill the dungeon boss back-to-back-to-back. But, it would allow players to spawn one boss in Destard and then move to Shame if they had the dungeon crystals saved up. Keep in mind that the crystals would be a semi-rare item to obtain and they would also only work for the dungeon they were obtained from. 1%-5% is a fairly low chance so gathering 50 would take a while.​

Why should I kill him?
Rares of course! I do not recommend a powerscroll drop... There are too many powerscrolls flooding the server as it is, we do not need more. I think that each dungeon boss should have a small chance (maybe 20%) of dropping a relic (tamer or dexer) to a random player that dealt damage. Also, I think that each dungeon boss should have its own pool of 5-10 rare items. Whether those rare items are deco, clothing, pieces of armor, weapons, whatever... That is up to the devs.
Feedback is welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
What ever happened to the dungeon boss thing?

Staff said they were working on one for every dungeon, or something like that.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
The Monster of the Month has been introduced twice since the beginning of the server and each time has only lasted for 3-4 months, if that. I understand that it can be time consuming, challenging, and stressful to develop, create, and implement a brand new boss every month so here is my suggestion to replace it:

Dungeon Bosses!

Create a dungeon boss for each dungeon. Just as an example, Akor could be moved from Cove to Destard because it would fit with the scene. Make him a little more difficult though... 3 tamers can take him down without any issues.

I'd like to see the Sphinx, the Hydra, the Warlock, and the Ogre return from the dead as dungeon bosses as well. 1/4th of the bosses have already been created! Just need to put them back into the game we love!

Let's break it down...

I think it'd be really neat to add a semi-rare drop onto all mobs in a dungeon. Just as an example, lets say that every mob in Destard has a 1-5% chance to drop a special, dungeon-specific crystal. After collecting 50 crystals, you take them to an altar hidden somewhere in the Destard and use all 50 crystals. Once all 50 crystals are used, Akor would spawn in a random location on a random level inside Destard. Each dungeon could work the same way.​

How often does he spawn?
I think that if players had free reign to farm as fast as they could to get the crystals then the dungeon bosses would be done too often. There should still be a daily limit to the dungeon boss. I think that 1 dungeon boss spawn, per dungeon, every 18 hours would be sufficient. That way, players can't collect up 300 crystals and kill the dungeon boss back-to-back-to-back. But, it would allow players to spawn one boss in Destard and then move to Shame if they had the dungeon crystals saved up. Keep in mind that the crystals would be a semi-rare item to obtain and they would also only work for the dungeon they were obtained from. 1%-5% is a fairly low chance so gathering 50 would take a while.​

Why should I kill him?
Rares of course! I do not recommend a powerscroll drop... There are too many powerscrolls flooding the server as it is, we do not need more. I think that each dungeon boss should have a small chance (maybe 20%) of dropping a relic (tamer or dexer) to a random player that dealt damage. Also, I think that each dungeon boss should have its own pool of 5-10 rare items. Whether those rare items are deco, clothing, pieces of armor, weapons, whatever... That is up to the devs.
Feedback is welcome!

you seriously come up with some of the very best ideas and explain them very nicely.

kurtis

Grandmaster
I think this idea has a lot of potential and I hope it gets the attention/views/responses that it deserves. I was just going to make a suggestion that more Arch Daemon-like bosses make an appearance, so I'll tag along to this thread instead.

Thinking back to my gaming experience, the most fun/challenging parts of all RPG's have always been figuring out how to take down the bosses. Zelda anyone? I think the Arch Daemon was extremely well done, and I had a blast figuring him out. There is definitely a method to the madness of taking him down. Having more people definitely makes him go down faster, but it's more about figuring out the intricacies of his moves than overwhelming him with manpower. You can literally take him out with one person *if* you know what you're doing. It's perfect.

One thing I'd like to suggest is that killing the bosses require more of an "understanding" of how he functions and how to finesse the kill (like the Arch Daemon), as opposed to the "how-many-tamers-can-we-gather-to-tank-this-thing" strategy, which is quite frankly boring and overdone on this server.

It would be fun if each boss had a template that was most suited to take it out. For example, melee dexers are best suited for the Arch Daemon. Maybe another boss where Mages are best suited. And another where stealthers are...and so forth. This would add some variety, and allow different templates/playstyles to excel at going through the "puzzle" that is a specific boss.

And I like the idea of gathering crystals to spawn him. It makes the spawn specific to the person(s) who did the work, but leaves opportunity for others to run across the spawn. I have a feeling you will see a lot more dungeon roaming, which would spark PvP activity too.

asics

Grandmaster
i suggested this so many times..and i hope this will happen :) ... no more random timers... or maybe

-some dungeon boss with random timers
-some dungeon boss each 15-20minutes like Kal'nga in Khaldun
-Some dungeon boss with crystal ideas just suggest by brad

@Adam

asics

Grandmaster

Dungeon Bosses!

Let's break it down...

How often does he spawn?

Why should I kill him?
Feedback is welcome!

Maybe an Idol spawn in the Altar when the boss is Avaiable?:) so ppl know that they can start and collect crystals to make him spawn!

Babethoven

Grandmaster
and im pretty sure bradleys not asking for modded weaps or armor

mayyyyyyyyyyyybbbbbbbbeeeeeee 1 piece of for example " destard armor or armor of destard " blah blah blah but dont put the WHOLE FUCKING SET OUT THERE!!! when its time to change the whole dungeon drop loot, HEY thats when you can add a new piece in the mix!

with that said... each dungeon has a signature, be creative dont set yourself up for more work in a few weeks, in a month... do it right, develop a system, a rotation, and just give us players finally......ffs finally a reason actually to be out hunting killing weaker mobs... i think everyone has the same balron, ancient wyrm, titan, matriarch, blood eles daemon runebooks............... so to actually to be able to see people in all corners of dungeons would be nice once and for all.... its shooting fish in a barrel right now ;)

20% drop rate of anything on any mob is just too much.... i think we can all agree on thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat......... the chance in 1/3 boss runs resulting in a rare im fine with that

@asics dont u feel robbed off all the ideas we've thrown out the past year or so? LOLOLOLOLOL owned by bad ley and staff :<

jk jk not really doe

-_-

but im all for it, been asking for something like this for a long ass fucking time so im glad somebody else finally mentioned it and its gettin attention now :)

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster

Dungeon Bosses!

Let's break it down...

How often does he spawn?

Why should I kill him?
Feedback is welcome!

Not a bad effort sport, and you did it SOLO, not with rekt back up! (lol).

But back in like October or something? we were promised a MOTM with current mobs, ie "titan month" with x rares dropping (i think unique hair dye was mentioned from @Shane ?)

Either way, the x-mas mobs was a GREAT example of how packed dungeons can be when there is an incentive.

As i've said so many times, things like a shitlow chance for a unique cloth drop on a monster for a month, never to be repeated is a sure way to get people active. Along with footwear at an even lower rate etc...