MotM Round Two!

Bromista

Grandmaster
So now that the MotM vendor is finally updated and organized (thanks @Shane!) I was thinking we need to put in a community request before the vendor comes full circle in July.

Season two MotM items and suggested price in donos:

Missing ugly ass tribal 5k
Dragon Helm 5k
Backpack dye 5k

*OFFHAND ITEMS* Torch or lantern pls? I'd go 10k donos on one for sure

Ethy dye (big ticket item) 15k+?

Maybe skin dyes for 200-500 dono each? (or added as a small drop would be neat)

What do you folks think, should we get into more wearables and things like double sashes or obi's?

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
I was hoping the MoTM hues would not be recycled making them a truly unique and rare hue (for the cloth crafted pieces at least). It would be a shame to pay high value prices to have them regurgitated once a year until they lose value.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'm all for the same hues and cloth dropping each year just so there's that overall consistency. Maybe some items swapped from year to year on the vendor. I just know it's gonna be a problem if some ppl don't get another chance to finish what they started if they came up short the first time around. Some hues are simply no longer available in cloth form.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping the MoTM hues would not be recycled making them a truly unique and rare hue (for the cloth crafted pieces at least). It would be a shame to pay high value prices to have them regurgitated once a year until they lose value.

The cloth for MOTM is super rare imo, depending on the month. Every month of course, the rares/cloth will rotate/drop off the mobs of that month and rotate as originally intended. We believe we made the drops rare enough that recycling the same drops each month will be okay. Yes, 2-3 years down the road we might need to change it up a bit, but we will definitely talk about that once we get there. If you feel there's been too much cloth out there per month then maybe the drop rate needs to be edited a bit. We thought it was decent though.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I really like the skin dyes idea. Maybe put them on another vendor though...25k at gold sink or 1k plat. Overloading the dono vendors and never clearing them has its own set of cons.

Volco

Master
The cloth for MOTM is super rare imo, depending on the month. Every month of course, the rares/cloth will rotate/drop off the mobs of that month and rotate as originally intended. We believe we made the drops rare enough that recycling the same drops each month will be okay. Yes, 2-3 years down the road we might need to change it up a bit, but we will definitely talk about that once we get there. If you feel there's been too much cloth out there per month then maybe the drop rate needs to be edited a bit. We thought it was decent though.

any thought on keeping the cloth, but swapping out the list of monsters every year?

Young Star

Grandmaster
The only drop rate that was really too high was the lizardman. Eppy then dropped it once Liches started. This then had an even bigger impact on the Balron month since they have so few spawn points.

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
The only drop rate that was really too high was the lizardman. Eppy then dropped it once Liches started. This then had an even bigger impact on the Balron month since they have so few spawn points.
I don't think the lizards were dropping them more often then any other MoTM. There are about 20ish static spawns that were farmed 24/7 and additional spawns while doing Destard champ lvl 1 that made farming it easier. I could be wrong but I farmed lizards and lichs the same amount of time (roughly) and ended with more cloth/scrolls etc from liches.

I do think the inconsistently in available spawn is frustrating. Elder gazers next month has 2 locations that I know of, for a total of 4 gazers? Complete rubbish. I know they added spawn for snow elementals and ogre lords, if the monsters stay consistent each month and do not change for years to come, additional spawn points for the MoTM rotation should be added. There's no reason earth ele's, lichs, daemons, lizardmen should be so easily accessible while Balron's, Gazers, OL, and Snow ele's are a pain the butt!

If you feel there's been too much cloth out there per month then maybe the drop rate needs to be edited a bit. We thought it was decent though.

Perhaps balancing difficulty & number of available spawn to dictate drop rates would be a decent comprise to just adding more spawn locations. I know I personally i think Balron's should have a higher drop rate then lizards/ratmen.

Last edited by a moderator:

K A Z

Grandmaster
I don't think the lizards were dropping them more often then any other MoTM. There are about 20ish static spawns that were farmed 24/7 and additional spawns while doing Destard champ lvl 1 that made farming it easier. I could be wrong but I farmed lizards and lichs the same amount of time (roughly) and ended with more cloth/scrolls etc from liches.

I do think the inconsistently in available spawn is frustrating. Elder gazers next month has 2 locations that I know of, for a total of 4 gazers? Complete rubbish. I know they added spawn for snow elementals and ogre lords, if the monsters stay consistent each month and do not change for years to come, additional spawn points for the MoTM rotation should be added. There's no reason earth ele's, lichs, daemons, lizardmen should be so easily accessible while Balron's, Gazers, OL, and Snow ele's are a pain the butt!

Perhaps balancing difficulty & number of available spawn to dictate drop rates would be a decent comprise to just adding more spawn locations. I know I personally i think Balron's should have a higher drop rate then lizards/ratmen.

why? That means that even after 3 years some hues will be rare, while others will be more common. I like that !

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
why? That means that even after 3 years some hues will be rare, while others will be more common. I like that !
Ensuring that a few hues are more rare is fine, but I actually enjoy killing the MoTM monsters. It's no fun recalling around to farm and constantly seeing nothing but corpses.

Young Star

Grandmaster

You are right that the spawn was just really high. The problem is they lowered the drop rate for every month after now because of that month yielding so much. @eppy should have left the rate alone knowing that liches and pretty much everything else had significantly lower spawn rate. I believe the main reason he dropped the rate is because he was anticipating more people would actually want to wear that color.

The first level of the Riktor spawn prettymuch spawns more lizardmen in a day then there are balrons spawned the whole month.

temujin

Master
Farmed balrons all month, couldn't even attempt to put a number on how many I killed and all I got was 2 title scrolls, and that was b4 the drop chance was lowered! Lol so rare is definitely an understatement ;)

MZ3K

Grandmaster
I really like the skin dyes idea. Maybe put them on another vendor though...25k at gold sink or 1k plat. Overloading the dono vendors and never clearing them has its own set of cons.

Please no skin paint. Do we really need characters that look even more like clowns?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
List of monsters should include animals so we can finally have a reason to kill all those renamed tamer practice animals.

I've killed so many 'Yuki' and 'DabQueen' deer......

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Please no skin paint. Do we really need characters that look even more like clowns?

GVzfHzf.jpg