Moving all items in a contain to another container.

UltimaReturns

Is there a way to move all items from a container to another one? I know I can move them by serial or type, but is there a way to either move all items in a single function or iterate through each item in a container? I've tried using 'all' and 'any' with move type but no luck. Didn't see anything in the docs or with my google search either so figured I'd reach out here. I'd like to make something that will take all the items out of treasure chests I dig up and put them in my beetle for me.

Skrypt

Expert
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to avoid having to create a big list, but since you've pointed me to an existing one iterating through shouldn't be too bad. I appreciate it.

UOSteam will not provide you an entire list of items in a container.
UOSteam only allows you to ask/search a container for a specific item (by serial or graphic) and only then will it give you information about that 'found' item.

The only way to transfer all items from one container to another is to have create a pre-built list of GRAPHIC ID's, and then iteratively search the container for each of those.

You could in theory create a pre-built list of every possible item / GRAPHIC ID in UO to accomplish this.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Most people just set up organizers. So if you have a miscellaneous box you can move a list of things to another container. Make one for each type of category you want to organize stuff with and you can run all the organizers as well. Its a little work in the beginning but it makes things very quick once you get them done.

UltimaReturns

I do have organizers to sort stuff. was hoping UOS had a function that made it easy to iterating through a container. I went ahead and wrote a script that transfers everything using the list youngstar pointed me to. It's working so far, I just have to keep adding the items that weren't already in the list which hasnt been horrible. It takes longer than I'd prefer to run, but its saving my wrist from having to drag and drop 30+ items every time i do a trasure hunt. Thanks for all the help.