Msg for UOF staff: Stackable Potions!!!

wreckognize

Grandmaster
No I'm not but again it's obvious you dont know shit.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

yeah. you are. quite obviously incorrect.

it's a simple concept really. if you could stack unlimited number of potions in a single stack then you wouldn't need a keg. Thus, no longer would there be a keg market.

JDizz

Grandmaster
yeah. you are. quite obviously incorrect.

it's a simple concept really. if you could stack unlimited number of potions in a single stack then you wouldn't need a keg. Thus, no longer would there be a keg market.

Who cares about a keg market? Efficiency is what matters. I'm sure very few players actually profit from this keg market. Alot more players would benefit from stackable potions. The keg market would decline, but the empty bottle market would rise. And I don't know about you guys but I keep my empty kegs, so Imagine if most players do this... I think the economy would barely be affected, people would simply have to adapt. And for all the PvP'ers the transition would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Not really. In theory though it does sound great.

However, what really happens is that it destroys the entire potion market as a whole.

What happens is that regular potion dealers will still sell 100 stacks of potions. But through pvp, people will be able to collect thousands of potions off corpses, which is free for them, so they're able to flush them out on vendors for half price, OR just hoard them.

This, coupled with the fact that certain pvpers will no longer need to buy potions, effects the regular vendors in the sense that their inventory begins to move spastically. They in turn stop making potions routinely and then there are no reliable potion vendors left on the server.

There's plenty of evidence to support everything I'm detailing here, since it already happened on another shard. At the end of the day, it just forces new players and pvpers who don't want to sit around crafting tons of their own potions to do so, that or they become enormously disadvantaged on the field.

We already have a working system here, and I disagree that we should ever risk sacrificing functional parts of the economy to make things a little more efficient for a few baddies who can't just adapt to a working system.

If you put your empty bottles in your reg bag, all your potions will go there when you use full kegs. Just try to keep an eye on your total item count when you're grabbing your empty bottles.

JDizz

Grandmaster
Ok well maybe after death potions should be seperated, to keep the economy alive. But in stock, we should be able to stack them up to 60k. Restocking with a keg takes forever, double clicking on a keg a hundred times is just not fun. I think that solution makes it fair for everyone.

Tydeus

Master
Ok well maybe after death potions should be seperated, to keep the economy alive. But in stock, we should be able to stack them up to 60k. Restocking with a keg takes forever, double clicking on a keg a hundred times is just not fun. I think that solution makes it fair for everyone.

Once upon a time potions would not stack on UOF and it was the same way on every shard I ever played on, including OSI. Just having potions "stackable" at all is better than nothing.

One thing you can do is set aside storage just for potion stacks. Perhaps 5 chests worth of storage (625 items total) for each potion other than explosion. It will take a lot of clicking in order to get 125 stacks of 10 for each potion, but there are such things as macros that you can simply run and do all of it while AFK. You will have 1,250 of each potion in stacks of 10 ready to be picked up and used. The problem with this is that many people simply don't have the storage to do this. I've got the storage but I don't want to use most of it up on 625 stacks of potions. Maybe the limit should be increased a bit; perhaps to around 20 max in a stack. I often carry 20 cures, TR, and heals on me for PvP.

Kaydon Bhey

Novice
I am wondering what the reasoning is behind when you die, all the stacks fall apart on the body. If the stacks STAYED stacks, I think that would be good.