My Noobie Pvp suggestions

Serj

Master
With bolas and/or wands having the possibility of being added to make pvp 'more diverse' and bring more pvp to the server, why not consider making more templates more effective.

It was several months ago but @Shane was in the Trinsic TeamSpeak talking about changes for pvp and we got on the topic of hally mages/tank mages and how they're just a dumb thing to use here on UOF. And Shane mentioned a few ways to give them a type of insta hit.

My suggestion is add bolas or wands, but also make tank mages useful again. Give the pvpers who want bolas their bolas, and make tank mages useful again. But don't just make them for factions make them for the entire server. Both could bring more pvpers to the server in my opinion.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i would like to see some hally mages but wouldnt this be bordering T2A ruleset? people tend to choose there UO server by the rule set be it UOR or T2A.

saying that i dont see why it couldnt be decent mix of both.

Serj

Master
i would like to see some hally mages but wouldnt this be bordering T2A ruleset? people tend to choose there UO server by the rule set be it UOR or T2A.

saying that i dont see why it couldnt be decent mix of both.

Yeah that's why I thought have a mix of both would bring both styles of pvpers here. I think it'd be a neat mix. Worth a try imo if it sucks then it could always be taken out.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
a lot of people play archer mages, archery op af. just have it so you have to have anat, tact and a weapon skill to throw bolas. So you either have to play a tank mage or dexxer to throw them.

Serj

Master
a lot of people play archer mages, archery op af. just have it so you have to have anat, tact and a weapon skill to throw bolas. So you either have to play a tank mage or dexxer to throw them.

True but 1v1 if you bola an alchy mage off their horse it still doesn't change you have to disarm to cast spells and will never swing at them, while they still do god damage with pots.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
With bolas and/or wands having the possibility of being added to make pvp 'more diverse' and bring more pvp to the server, why not consider making more templates more effective.

It was several months ago but @Shane was in the Trinsic TeamSpeak talking about changes for pvp and we got on the topic of hally mages/tank mages and how they're just a dumb thing to use here on UOF. And Shane mentioned a few ways to give them a type of insta hit.

My suggestion is add bolas or wands, but also make tank mages useful again. Give the pvpers who want bolas their bolas, and make tank mages useful again. But don't just make them for factions make them for the entire server. Both could bring more pvpers to the server in my opinion.

As I said in my other post , take the time to carefully consider if you want guilds like EQMS and other large pker/pvp guilds using bolas against NON pvper type guilds....If you think you are decimated now by ruthless players imagine the slaughter.....

Serj

Master
As I said in my other post , take the time to carefully consider if you want guilds like EQMS and other large pker/pvp guilds using bolas against NON pvper type guilds....If you think you are decimated now by ruthless players imagine the slaughter.....

They claim bringing back bolas will bring more pvpers. Thus bringing more opposition for EQMS.

I'm more worried about fighting a POWER dexxer with bolas and a heal wand.

I'd rather eat 45 ebolt rails to the face than fight a POWER dexxer with bolas. Lol

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
They claim bringing back bolas will bring more pvpers. Thus bringing more opposition for EQMS.

I'm more worried about fighting a POWER dexxer with bolas and a heal wand.

I'd rather eat 45 ebolt rails to the face than fight a POWER dexxer with bolas. Lol

if they bring them back for ANYONE (pkers) outside of factions/Militia it will certainly decimate the Non Skilled classes that cannot fight. Tamer/Bards/Crafters/Merchants....it will be awful if you are concerned about zergs wiping out people now ,just wait for it the tears will fill oceans.

My guild used bolas and there were only ten in the guild....Time will tell if they implement this what the outcome will be, but I am saying now.If implemented for all... the word rape comes to mind.