Need Remove Trap Help

Hi All

I've been reading old guides on Remove Trap and everyone suggests raising this skill to above 80 by macroing on the gold box at the jewlers by the West Brit Bank. I'm currently at 51 and have tried this but I seem to disarm the trap easily and then it doesn't respawn for what seems like ages (I've left the macro on and come back two hours later with no gain.) Did they change the spawn timers for traps at some point? Has anyone else had this issue?

I have access to a GM Tinkerer which will be able to get me from 80+ but I'm not sure what to do in the interim other than create another character and raise Remove Trap along with their Tinkering. I thought I'd post here before spending that considerable time and resources for a newbie. Is there anywhere else I can macro this skill to 80? Thanks in advance for any help.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Hi Rock - I've never actually leveled the skill, but you can check the Wiki here which seems fairly helpful.

https://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Remove_Trap

From 50-80 points it looks like you can use a lower level tinker to trap your chests, someone with 80 tinker skill. I also read a couple of other sites, that listed in general a tinker with about 8 points higher tinkering than your remove traps will give you decent gains, and that having tinkering on your character you are doing the remove traps on may help.

Don't forget you need 50 Detect Hidden, and 50 Lockpicking to be able to remove traps.