Need some PC tech advice, plz !

G'day. Not fair at all for me to put this in as a "client or server issue" - but there isn't a tech support forum that I'm aware of. :D

I'm hoping someone under the age of 50 could possibly point out a simple solution to this new problem of mine...I'll try to be brief....

Rebuilt a new PC to replace my old one, after shorting out all the usb ports on the mobo. (hey, it lasted 10yrs *sigh* )

My old ssd drive is now placed in the new PC, as a secondary drive after the new M.2 main drive with the windows 10 install. I tried to simply pull the start icon for UOF from the old drive to the new desktop, which didn't work at all.
After attempting to re-install UOF to the new main drive - I think it simply copied over my old existing copy on the backup drive.

I realize this probably makes me seem like a comlete spaz...but have gotten over the shame of begging for simple help on the internet ! Is there an easy way to launch UOF when it is installed on a backup drive - or should I just unplug the drive and install freshly again ?!?

Much appreciated for any help.

Cheers.

parsnip

Grandmaster
This might change soon as I believe there is a new launcher on the way but for now...

Download the UOF Launcher - Run it but don't download a new client.
Go to settings in UOF Launcher and change the "Ultima Online Directory" to point to the UO folder on your old SSD.
Do the same for any assistant program you use (Razor/Steam).

Now try loading the client from the UOF Launcher.

Thanks as always, my friend !

Still had some issues with getting this to work, as no matter what I tried...after hitting PLAY, there would be a popup box stating Razer was corrupted. Even putting a new install of the full game onto the new drive, and pointing the launcher to the new install got the same result.

Fortunately, switching over to Steam worked - and doesn't bother me one bit to use that assist program over razer.

Much obliged for the helping hand, Parsnip !

Cheers.