1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need suggestions on how to start

Discussion in 'Player VS Monster' started by gbitz, Mar 4, 2019.

1. gbitz

gbitz New Member

Mar 3, 2019
    gbitz
    boozed
    I am using the Bard Warrior template to start (I have never played UO ever!).

Skills
    Stats
    • 100 Strength
    • 90 dexterity
    • 35 intelligence

I need help on what macros I should be setting up... or guides to follow to help me out. Where should I go to train after newbie dungeon? When should I go? How do I provoke mobs onto enemies? etc...
    I am very new and need all the help I can get or maybe some guides. Thanks for your assistance!

2. Junior

Junior Active Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Breezy
    If it’s complete PvM I would change template a bit drop Magery and resist and GM Healing and Anatomy but also add hiding. Provo Archer only second to tamer for PvM imo.

3. Shades

Shades Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Magery 80
    Resist 70
    Music 100
    Provoking 115
    Achery 100
    Tactics 90
    Anatomy 100
    Healing 80

this is my current Bard/archer template. what i;ve found is resist is only so good it helps against some spells not all. Magic Reflect if you are going against mage type works better really. I prefer higher magery to cast spells with more reliability such magic reflect. I also want to be able to cast some summons to help with that higher mob you are trying to deal with. sometimes it is nice to step behind a deamon and pelt the mob with arrows or an EV.

Stat wise i'm running

Just my two cents. Hope this helps

4. King Dingaling

King Dingaling Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    when i ran provo archer i did...

100 provo
    100 music
    100 archery
    100 tactics
    100 anatomy
    100 healing
    100 hiding

hiding was essential for me since i had no magery, and no resist...plus its a life saver sometimes. having no magery kinda sucks...but u should have a second character to gate u around if need be anyways (u can still recall around by urself using recall scrolls and no magery)

5. sshhaawwnn

sshhaawwnn Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Turkey Tits
    I like Kings. I ran that template a long time in Khaldun made a lot of gold doing it when I started.

6. hubcap

hubcap Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Taming and vet. skills i wish they would get rid of.

but, if its gold and loots you seek......its the only way to fly. (and have a chance at surviving the battles that bring the -real- loot.

of course the meta tamers in the group will hem and haw, but, thats how it is, friend.

7. Sarzois2

Sarzois2 Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Macolino
    Maca Maco
    Maca
    Provo Archers are great as a first char as well as a tamer. However, if you are considering a tamer which is a very expensive char to run after a certain point. You might consider creating a Berserker which can be expensive if you account all the relics (abilities) but the beginning of a Zerk talisman it's quite cheap and very rewarding!