Nerf Tamers

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't count the extra stuff..just gold.
It all spends :)

If I wanted to go after straight gold I could probably pull a solid 100k an hr. Overall I get more bang for my buck farming other spots though, where I probably only get 50-60k an hr in gold but no shortage of high end items and scrolls/rare drops.

Mr Pain

Apprentice
Every tamer has a glaring weakness in his build that makes him very vulnerable to being pked in some fashion or another, and he is literally nothing without his pets, making getting griefed/pets lured off/boated a hellish nightmare.

I'd say its worth what he gets as a tradeoff, considering the hell of a grind they all go through to begin with.

My advice? If you hate tamers and want spawns cleared up, grab a buddy and start killing them.

K A Z

Grandmaster
like I said, para the dragon drop EV by tamer, job done... and 35 must be some random number you pulled out of your ass.

dragon FB is 40-41, mare is 25-26. max FB damage is 67 damage, and the tamer must be on the ground for this (also they rarely both FB at the same time), if you have a str pot that's only slightly more than half your life. then the FS, 17-40 damage. worst case your looking at 107 damge leaving you 13 life to pot and run. then come back now that the FB is spent. tamers are weak sauce you PKs are just to lazy to try anything other than target closest blue.

also all guard sucks if there is even one MOB on the screen. if tamers are so OP in PVP make one and prove it. I have yet to see a PVP tamer that I thought was OP.

and your PVPer spits 60-70 damage exp EB combo followed by a 20 damage pot. seems more OP to me.

dragon FB is toned down to 35 dmg, mare is 25 straight away. With 1 Dragon and a Nightmare that's 60 DMG as soon as the PK comes on screen - atleast most of the time.

As it is right now EVERYONE that dies on a Tamer against a normal PVPer is just a newbee.

Darktrix

Expert
how is that any different from the 60 damage from an ebolt/pot combo? Or first shot from a bow, or first hit from a war hammer/spear. Not to mention the fact these tamers might as well be naked with no resist most of the time? I personally don't think it would be that hard to take a tamer down. Para drag, dump on tamer how hard is that lol? If your melee even more so! That first 60 damage is healed within seconds and there's no more FB..? Sure there's a FS but that's no different to what a player would do. I still personally think this its just down to tactics, like anything in life where there's a will there's a way!

K A Z

Grandmaster
how is that any different from the 60 damage from an ebolt/pot combo? Or first shot from a bow, or first hit from a war hammer/spear. Not to mention the fact these tamers might as well be naked with no resist most of the time? I personally don't think it would be that hard to take a tamer down. Para drag, dump on tamer how hard is that lol? If your melee even more so! That first 60 damage is healed within seconds and there's no more FB..? Sure there's a FS but that's no different to what a player would do. I still personally think this its just down to tactics, like anything in life where there's a will there's a way!

it's different because the tamer can do explo ebolt on top of that. And it's diffrent because it takes zero skill to have your dragon/nightmare firebreath. I'm btw. not saying that they should be nerfed, all I'm saying is that right now they're lacking risk. Add more pet skilloss on balling them.

Darktrix

Expert
I can understand where your coming from but bare in mind this tamer is more than likely not suspecting the attack. A lot are not PvP ready or trained either. If they were ready they could pretty much 1 shot someone, provided that someone had forgotten to use their magic reflect. Otherwise the energy bolt would be negated. But going back to your main point, the risk element could be higher, however i'm still reluctant to slate tamers just because the skill is so damn difficult to raise lol.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I can understand where your coming from but bare in mind this tamer is more than likely not suspecting the attack. A lot are not PvP ready or trained either. If they were ready they could pretty much 1 shot someone, provided that someone had forgotten to use their magic reflect. Otherwise the energy bolt would be negated. But going back to your main point, the risk element could be higher, however i'm still reluctant to slate tamers just because the skill is so damn difficult to raise lol.

I have zero complaints with strong Tamers in Dungeons. It's np for me that they're harsh as fuck to PK and its np for me to die to tamers. What though bothers me is how freaking cheap it is to get pets back. Seriously, I've lured people's pets of like 5 times in a row and they still didn't give a fuck. Something is just wrong with the value of pets on here.

Amplify

Expert
+1 for spawn randomization, but will that really fix the problem? The bigger taming guilds will just ghost or have hiders at all the spawns then. I think semi-afk script taming needs to be ended. It's creating a huge increase in tamers in general around all the spawns and without any of of the grind that would weed out the un-dedicated.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
Should be more then that given the high skill gain pets have. There's not much of a difference between a drag with 7x GMs and 7x90s as far as performance goes.

Then I would go 25% and keep it like that. That way if you continue to lose your pets you will have to rework them. Pets should not be used for pvp. If they get boated or trapped in a house then that is your fault for using them where they don't belong.

halygon

Grandmaster
Then I would go 25% and keep it like that. That way if you continue to lose your pets you will have to rework them. Pets should not be used for pvp. If they get boated or trapped in a house then that is your fault for using them where they don't belong.
Actually I am for tamers in pvp. But I don't think that is a direction this shard will go.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Oh man, couldn't disagree much more. It's so easy for pets to get res killed so any extreme stat loss should be capped. 25% is huge, even 10% is big. 10% is pretttttttty substanial if we're talking pet performance, quite noticeable.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Oh man, couldn't disagree much more. It's so easy for pets to get res killed so any extreme stat loss should be capped. 25% is huge, even 10% is big. 10% is pretttttttty substanial if we're talking pet performance, quite noticeable.

-25 for balling the pet, not for simply ressing it up.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
Needs to be a risk. 25% is not that bad, like someone said before, it takes no time to 7x your pets. But that is only for having them balled.

Memphist

Grandmaster
@ KAZ If you want a stattloss for balling pets then give the tamer a other possiblilty to get his pets back.
Otherwise i also want a trap for a pk head.

Mikkeliv

Journeyman
Taming doesn't need nerfing, the amount of effort you have to put in to get the skill level required alone is a nerf lol. Even during the high skill gain weekend i only managed to gain 12.5 taming 50 - 62.5. In that same time i have a fully prepped alchy/stun/mage and archer prov skilled up on my other account... If you throw a provo archer out there with slayer weapons, they eat mobs almost as fast if not faster sometimes...

I have to agree with Dark.
I started a tamer, and haven't made it out of the 50's yet.
I just keep him to res my stuff, when an accident befalls me.