New hit chance mechanics for PvP - Capped # of hits or misses

wreckognize

Grandmaster
So that's the scenario used to change all of dexer PvP? I don't agree.

A guaranteed hit would be a mistake. Increase hit chance from consecutive misses? Sure. It shouldn't be 100%.

So you disagree, but have no logical reason why, while I have provided good logic and sound reasoning.

Opinion noted. Thanks for posting this yet again. Stop anytime you like.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
So you disagree, but have no logical reason why, while I have provided good logic and sound reasoning.

Opinion noted. Thanks for posting this yet again. Stop anytime you like.
What? I have posted reasons. Plenty of them.

There should not be a guaranteed chance to hit in PvP. Increased chance to hit after consecutive misses? Sure. Guaranteed? No.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Take a look back at everything you've written.

Now understand that there are spells a mage can cast that have a 0% chance to be distracted, that also have 100% chance to hit.

Now you can see why your logic is flawed, and why none of the reasons you have posted are good reasons to not have a 100% chance to hit after a # of misses.

I understand you disagree with not having a 100% chance to hit after a # of misses, but what I don't understand is why not?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
mages have 0% chance to miss cos they spend mana. mana is the limiting factor and it can already be hard to kill people with a mage on thie field . warriors have no limit they can swing forever hence the 50/50 hit chance gm v gm provides

lets be honest staff are not gonna nerf wreslte and boost dexxers cos dexxer are already the top 1v1 template....

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Take a look back at everything you've written.

Now understand that there are spells a mage can cast that have a 0% chance to be distracted, that also have 100% chance to hit.

Now you can see why your logic is flawed, and why none of the reasons you have posted are good reasons to not have a 100% chance to hit after a # of misses.

I understand you disagree with not having a 100% chance to hit after a # of misses, but what I don't understand is why not?
... yes. Borderline irrelevant spells which deal minimal damage. How you don't understand that is beyond me.

Why? Because dexers have advantages that mages do not. Their ability to miss is one of the main drawbacks: they don't have mana, don't have to push buttons to swing, and can interrupt spell casting. Missing is one of the drawbacks of being a dexer.

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
The beauty of this idea is that it doesn't make dexies any less or more powerful, they're the same amount as powerful. Just less frustrating to play, and more fun.

This idea was never meant to balance dexies with mages. It just makes dexies more fun to play, like mages. They're still the same exact amount as powerful as they are now if this gets implemented.

This simply allows the user to choose his playstyle, rather than have it forced by streaky RNG issues.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
The beauty of this idea is that it doesn't make dexies any less or more powerful, they're the same amount as powerful. Just less frustrating to play, and more fun.

This idea was never meant to balance dexies with mages. It just makes dexies more fun to play, like mages. They're still the same exact amount as powerful as they are now if this gets implemented.

This simply allows the user to choose his playstyle, rather than have it forced by streaky RNG issues.
How is making a dexer hit more not making them any more powerful?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
they also miss more too.

Maybe it's time to leave the theorycrafting to those who are capable of it, if you can't see why this suggestion does not make dexies any more or less powerful than they already are.