New Rules Update: Not Blocking WBB. Standing is illegal

parsnip

Grandmaster
It is unfortunate that you got caught in the crossfire here @Popstarpirate. I think it is quite clear that you are not at any fault as you are not doing the stealing or working in collaboration with thieves. Clarification will hopefully come soon.

Garillo

Master
Big time adventure gate fan here!

The issue seems to be people simply blocking the safe zone entrance and people who don't carry red pots complaining.

Quick Fix time!!

Make the first 2 rows of tiles in t he safe zone 1 minute tiles; you stand still for that amount of time, you get teleported to the middle tile of the safe zone, where gates can coexist on the same tile! Random adventure gate time!!

This whole things brings up a bigger point. The rules page is so outdated. No one knows what the rules are for anything here. Some staff say you can script afk relics, some say you can't. The rule page says you can't. It is so confusing. Please update the rule page and have all the rules in 1 place, not randomly over different threads.

Being told by admins that "things like gating vendors at the entrance of wbb being a malicious intentional act" is common sense and should be avoided does not help rule enforcement after threatening for repeated offenses.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Standing in front of the entrance of WBB and "afk script stealing" are two very different concepts but whatever. I assume you want trammel? Because if they add one tile outside the doors where you don't lose stamina then someone will stand just one tile away from that again. Where is the limit? Should they just make the entire city like that so nobody can block you? Just admit it, this has nothing to do with being blocked from entering but rather that you do not want anything stolen from you in town. You should be happy this shard is so trammel style that a completely safe zone exists at all. Learn to use refresh potions instead of crying about evil people blocking your way if it's such an issue to you.

I love thief i have 2 different template, but unfortunatly is more easy to thief at wbb then akor/arch, please staff remove anti hiding zone

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
whats the issue here? blocking the doors and steps so people cant enter...get the fuck out the way. i dont even see why anyone would argue this. no matter what reason they are blocking it...its just ridiculous i have to carry refresh pots just to get inside

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
Personally i've blocked the door (albeit not maliciously) a number of times, in order to look through and buy something from the dono vendors. Their range to access seems to stop just one tile in the doors, and if don't have to stand out there at mercy of thieves, I wont.

My point is there may be other contributing factors to under WBB bottlenecking at least, than just thieves and gaters, at least indirectly. Maybe the town planner could take another look at it all now, due to server growth aka city prosperity, and make some minor layout tweaks ;)

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Only on UO does there need to be a rule, 'keep the entrances clear'.

And only on UO will grown men and women go, 'What could that possibly mean?'