New Server

Wildtamer

Grandmaster
not to be rude but this new server is terrible sitting still i get 150 ping as soon as i move or start to farm my ping is 400 to 700 and the 40 second saves are fun as well.. is this going to be the new server or is this a temp server or is this server under attack?
anyone else getting bad lag?

Last edited by a moderator:

stunoma.

Grandmaster
When has 50 ping ever been bad. Whenever you move its shoots up like that . If you are only farming this definitely shouldn't be a concern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidX

Grandmaster
I'm having very bad lag too.. I literally played from the datacenter in NJ that hosts UOF today and lag was very bad.. how is that even possible? Unless that was somehow just before the switch.

I agree with finding better DoS protection that is within reason in terms of cost. But to sacrifice long-term playability in favor of DoS protection for occasional attacks is a tough one to swallow.

Hoping this is either a short-term effect or temporary solution :)

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
My in game ping isn't great right now. Min: 85, Max: 367

Weed will be legal at midnight, so I don't really care right now. But that goddamned leap second is going to lag me IRL.

Vorax

Grandmaster
da85e0d1863bccb0460d4bc436da9132.gif

Kinda hard to see the lag on a swampy, but yea.......... You can deff see stutter

Wildtamer

Grandmaster
my bad i mean 150 sitting and 400 to 700 while i farm which i cant do with the lag my ping use to be 50 to 70 and 150 max while hunting and moving around

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Slow down dude, you're about to go back to the future.

Where we're goin' we don't need roads.

Seriously though this is just temporary and we are working on some things here.

Stick with it and every longer term player here knows that we don't accept nothing but the best. Unfortunately there's yet to be a perfect host out there honestly. It's either good ping but still lags while having some good dos protection, some dos protection good ping but null routes for 4 hours if ever get dos'd over a certain data range, or worse...

Someone could make a fucking killing if they could get their shit together host wise.

We will get there though, this is only the 10th+ host we've been at, there must be more out there, right? haha

Lexington

Grandmaster
Where we're goin' we don't need roads.

Seriously though this is just temporary and we are working on some things here.

Stick with it and every longer term player here knows that we don't accept nothing but the best. Unfortunately there's yet to be a perfect host out there honestly. It's either good ping but still lags while having some good dos protection, some dos protection good ping but null routes for 4 hours if ever get dos'd over a certain data range, or worse...

Someone could make a fucking killing if they could get their shit together host wise.

We will get there though, this is only the 10th+ host we've been at, there must be more out there, right? haha

My ping seems fine... could it be that their hardware just isn't good enough?

Derwolf

Grandmaster
where is the new server in a basement in Iceland?
200-300 ping standing still from the west coast GG