New Trash Can Reward System

Lintaglen

Neophyte
Nice idea, keeping the streets clean, but there is 1 problem right now...

Those trash cans in Brit have a 3 minute delay... Needs to be within 3 seconds or instant.

Reason being; Anyone who decides to camp those trash cans can just pick up your item out of the trash, and the re-drop it for their own credit.

Secondly, The trash cans in your home do not give credit for the coins. Those should have been prioritized if the 3 minute rule was going to be implemented.

Jakaro

Master
My suggestion: do not allow freshly-created items to be thrown out-- the reason why there are tons of people with 500 tokens already is because they are crafting items and tossing them immediately (check their throw-away history)

Kraden

Grandmaster
They are talking about people who are throwing items into the "Trash Barrel" instead of the "Septic Tank"

Dorcha

Expert
I'm surprised that the septic tank doesn't get clogged from all of the leather hats and butcher knives that have been thrown in it... That's one hell of a system!

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I'm surprised that the septic tank doesn't get clogged from all of the leather hats and butcher knives that have been thrown in it... That's one hell of a system!

i still dont really get it.

so now i have to generate 500 items per account per day, and organize them (action every 500ms) 500 times into the barrel to cash out.

Economically, people who spend all that time doing that shit, (taking away from pvp mind you) will have SO MANY MORE coins than anyone using the barrel for its intended purpose, which is ''to encourage players to use the trash barrel''.

Plus since ONLY weapons and armor work (and bard tools, i dont generate 500 of those per day normally...), youd be at a loss to actually sink any magics. Rather, sell the magics to npc, then buy leather caps in moonglow for 8 gp per. THUS creating more lag albeit for a short time per person.

seems like we're really being rewarded for making more lag lol. :p

not that theres really any lag now anyways

Anyhow, aside from lag reduction a CUB can be used to rid the world of several vanqs, causing newbies on my front lawn to use mages instead of dexies all damn day long.

The way it normally works is that items that were generated before the CUB is started will give tokens. the Vanq weps give the most tokens, and the garbage items give like 1-50 pity tokens. The idea is to get rid of those boxes of vanqs sheesh :D

much love and respect ^^ strandys bedtime now.

Last edited by a moderator:

FAMARA

Grandmaster
was wandering if we can just move the septic tank into the armor shop so people dont have to run back and forth to get tokens, can just sit there and set macro.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
is it, puff pass puff, or... puff, puff pass?

hehe

though i do believe it does well accomplish its goal as an incentive to delete items

Dorcha

Expert
Really they just need a lower cap, say 25 tokens. People aren't going to manually pick up off the ground much more than that in a day. That or have the number of tokens tied to the sell value like someone before suggested.

Nice idea, keeping the streets clean, but there is 1 problem right now...

Those trash cans in Brit have a 3 minute delay... Needs to be within 3 seconds or instant.

Reason being; Anyone who decides to camp those trash cans can just pick up your item out of the trash, and the re-drop it for their own credit.

Secondly, The trash cans in your home do not give credit for the coins. Those should have been prioritized if the 3 minute rule was going to be implemented.

I would suggest to have a corpse collecting system for people to collect corpses and get some gold for it. I also think the begging skill should be more useful... perhaps getting prices of vendors cheaper!

Negrodamus

Neophyte
My suggestion: do not allow freshly-created items to be thrown out-- the reason why there are tons of people with 500 tokens already is because they are crafting items and tossing them immediately (check their throw-away history)

I don't think you are in a position to be whining...