No delay for stealing after hiding?

Lord_VS

Apprentice
I was being pestered by a thief earlier today. I needed to recall but was worried he would steal my weapon as I did so. I ran around hiding and he would follow me. I managed to hide and waited until he walked next to me and hid himself. As soon as he did, I recalled but he was still able to steal my item. Why was he able to steal immediately after hiding?

halygon

Grandmaster
Yup, stealing is in the savor of thieves here compared to other shards. Shane must love the thief role to hook them up so much.

Let's also not forget how loud thieves cry when a fair change is suggested. A cool down period between hiding and stealing? Completely outta the question /*feigns mock indignance*/

Bromista

Grandmaster
Thieving here is a far cry from what thieving used to be and anyone who tries to defend the art of thieving will even tell you that it's whack here.

Lord_VS

Apprentice
It's an interesting change to say the least. I just can't help but feel trapped if I am being stalked by a thief. I used to have a disarm mage theif back on OSI and it was a lot of fun. I think the only remedy is a locked chest in your bag. Maybe secretly Shane has a soft spot for tinkers and carps.

halygon

Grandmaster
Maybe secretly Shane has a soft spot for tinkers and carps.[/SIZE]
Not at all. Tinker trapped boxes are broke on this shard. if you use a locked box, you have to unlock it all the time. If you use a tinker trapped box, you should be safe from a snooping thief and still be able to open the box. Here the box explodes on you regardless of if it has been disarmed or not.

So... The moral of this story is.., Shane nerfed tinkers FOR the thieves... at least that's my take on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

mynameis

Adept
Funny I hear UOF loves thieves and hates them, more hates them.

You can hide, wait, then use steal w no delay. Right after hiding you have to wait (8 secs?) to steal as far as I know

Lord_VS

Apprentice
Well during testing with zero stealing, I noticed a delay, but who is to say that is not removed with GM stealing.

Riversilk

Master
You have to wait after hiding to be able to steal (or to be able to do any other action).
Dunno what you're saying, really... that's not possible (maybe he hid with Invis?)

Lord_VS

Apprentice
I'm saying that I recalled using a scroll within a runebook as soon as the thief hid next to me. Before I was gone, the thief was able to steal from me, which is only about 2.5-3.5 seconds later...

Riversilk

Master
That should not be possible... i guess he either invis himself (so no hiding, but spell) or there was another thief.
Try it, after hiding you HAVE to wait like 9s to do any other action.

InsanePete

Neophyte
That should not be possible... i guess he either invis himself (so no hiding, but spell) or there was another thief.
Try it, after hiding you HAVE to wait like 9s to do any other action.

The thief just hit their steal macro and left the target up, they then waited 10 seconds and hid with the target still up, then they targeted your lootz (or used last target macro) from hiding when you went to recall. No bugs, in fact there is a delay of .5 seconds I think (someone else know for sure?) between the stealing and then hiding even after waiting the 10 seconds, so you cannot steal than re-hide immediately. RIP perfect shadow steals.

Lord_VS

Apprentice
Ah thanks for the info InsanePete. I would have assumed a message similar to "You are busy doing other things".