Nox & Gold Relics

Lexington

Grandmaster
Your meta can never retrain poisoning. My proposal is that if nox activates it should give your meta a chance to retrain as if it could retrain on hit (like lower level meta/death beetle)

20% chance to gain on relic activation.

Doesn't it reset after 2 mil EXP like everything else now?

Bromista

Grandmaster
It does. And as long as your poisoning is over 100 it truthfully makes no difference to its ability to apply high level poison. Would still be nice though, especially for someone taking a level 6 to 7 or skill resets beyond 7. Doubly so without a combination of other relics to help level faster. 2m and 3m XP tiers take a long ass time. It's pretty easy to accumulate deaths if you plan on using metas where they really shine: getting nice spike damage in champs, RDAs, invasions, high level spawn, farming anywhere that sadsack/jealous $ guild members are farming (aka spamming all kill on every player pet in sight) like MotM, etc...

Do you have a meta Lex? It's no picnic, especially at lvl 7. Pet doesn't follow for shit when in trouble, etc.

So it's possibly to go wayyyyyy low on nox if you don't eat SS to keep if up.

This highlights another issue with metas in the past (no longer as much of a problem with the reset) but since I sandbagged my lvl 7 progression I didn't give a shit if my meta died at stage 6. Had only nox and bloody from stage 6 until stage 7, but still I had it paired with the 2nd best damage relic that was already max when I had nox.

What I am getting at here is my progression was slow, deaths were many, and I had only 35 poisoning by the time I got my reset. Only part of that was me not caring, compounded by the fact that it almost doesn't matter if you have poisoning skill or not. It was garbage even below GM and would have cost me mils in SS to keep my nox up. Just for shit to cure instantly anyway.

Nox needs a revamp. Clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexington

Grandmaster
Do you have a meta Lex? It's no picnic, especially at lvl 7. Pet doesn't follow for shit when in trouble, etc.

So it's possibly to go wayyyyyy low on nox if you don't eat SS to keep if up.

What I am getting at here is my progression was slow, deaths were many, and I had only 35 poisoning by the time I got my reset. Only part of that was me not caring, compounded by the fact that it almost doesn't matter if you have poisoning skill or not. It was garbage even below GM and would have cost me mils in SS to keep my nox up. Just for shit to cure instantly anyway.

Nox needs a revamp. Clearly.

Yep, I have a big beautiful black beast that Bradley spent hours upon hours leveling... Thanks Bradley! I also have a level 5 that I gave up on when I started on my Meta mage. I just don't have the time to do both.

To me it's absolute BS that a pet has perma statloss to begin.... our murders don't. I say get rid of pet statloss because the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Oh wait... using a meta isn't a crime so why the $#*#$ do they have statloss again?! Sorry can't get past that.

Anyways... as soon as we associate perma statloss to the proper place, we can have an intelligent conversation on how to balance the nox relic. I'd hate to see it used to fix a dev mistake :p

Bromista

Grandmaster
Nox relic has its place, not every relic was meant to be a single target powerhouse, but it's still lacking in several major areas.

Still better than gold relic LAWL !

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yep, I have a big beautiful black beast that Bradley spent hours upon hours leveling... Thanks Bradley! I also have a level 5 that I gave up on when I started on my Meta mage. I just don't have the time to do both.

To me it's absolute BS that a pet has perma statloss to begin.... our murders don't. I say get rid of pet statloss because the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Oh wait... using a meta isn't a crime so why the $#*#$ do they have statloss again?! Sorry can't get past that.

Anyways... as soon as we associate perma statloss to the proper place, we can have an intelligent conversation on how to balance the nox relic. I'd hate to see it used to fix a dev mistake :p
Agreed. Overall....stat loss needs tweaked...to a degree. Or just a slight buff to skill gain would be great and leave stat loss the same. Just don't tweak it so much that deaths are insignificant like they once were. A nice middle-ground is what we need.

Look at all the lvl 7 owners that basically stopped at 7 before they gave us more of a reason to keep using them. How many of those players made their money back? Very few I bet. Having something to work for is a good thing, losing motivation is not.

Even trashed pets are better than no pets so nobody with regular pets is going to just hang it up if they have 60's resist and 70's magery. But players should not find that discarding their pets for fresh-tamed drags/WWs/mares a preferable thing to do. That's just silly. You should feel more at ease keeping them out of the stables and progressing.

Obviously you aren't gonna throw away a trashed meta for a new one but the statloss discussion applies across the board.

Getting a little off-topic but it's good to get people to discuss all aspects of owning pets in these topics.

Last edited by a moderator:

BEN!

Grandmaster
id say meta pets are kinda crazy with max level relics already, if they buff nox i feel like you gotta nerf QS and that would get so many complaints
nox can get you mad points on level 1 champ spawns and you kinda got to view that as its purpose

I want to push adding a pack horse element to gold relic thou.. it doesn't make meta pets any more OP just adds utility, it would make dungeons you can't recall into more attractive too (asylum, grotto). Id predict that this would make them as valuable on the market as a nox relic too?

Wrexx

Grandmaster
I believe the old nox relic would increase radius of the lethal poison between 8 and 10.
Honestly, my pet has been level 7 since December. My pet has never died, if your level 7 pet has under 100 poisoning, you're lazy or ********. Just ball your pet, understanding it's always cheaper to drop 15k on a charge than bulk ss at over 50k.

Wrexx

Grandmaster
I don't hate the nox relic as is. Just get it with the mind set that it is the weakest of the 4 main relics. I wouldnt get it if your pet plans to stay at level 6. If your plan is to take your pet to 7, get the nox second cause you'll need it, and it's hard to level. Molten and bloody are quick.

lollo

Grandmaster
Make it at least back to how it was were it could poison more than 4 enemies at the same time lol

Right now it's totally useless, at barracoon lvl 1 i have 10 slimes and 15 rats around me, nox triggers and poisons 4 of them (lolololololol) then molten triggers and kills them all. I mean WTF?????????!!!!!???!!!! And molten is super good vs single targets too.
Right now nox is so trash it makes me wanna remove it and slap a bloody in there. Still not sure if i wanna blow 10+ mil to evolve to lvl 7

lollo

Grandmaster
I have no fucking clue how @Bromista 's pet could have 35 poisoning lol!

I went from lvl 5 to 2+ mil into lvl 6 (3.5 mil exp) and my pet died a grand total of 4 times (once yesterday actually, damn shadow balron paragon...). And i did champs and farmed in the most dangerous places full with pks like shame 5, fire e despise. Used 7 pet ball charges in that period of time.

I mean sure, the thing does die, but how the fuck could you let a lvl 6 die 80-90 times before evolving? lol

Bromista

Grandmaster
A brief history of my lvl 6 meta:

Didn't care because I knew a reset was coming. My meta was used and abused. Mostly suicide runs in RDAs. Lotta suicide runs in RDAs.

It's not worth pet balling a meta you know is getting a reset.

And the relics make the meta. Even with just lvl 10 talons on my lvl 6 I was still ripping shit, it's not what you have but what you do with it.

And now I still don't care because of the rest. Balled my dragon twice early on in stage 7 but can't be bothered anymore. Especially now that I have QS, bloody, molten, and nox.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Just...not spending 15k is really pretty good in and of itself.

Restock. Start bandage loop. Tab. Do stuff. Tab back over. Change target. Tab. Do stuff. Tab back over. Begin farming again.

It's a pretty solid system I've got going and I have years of practice.