Old Magincia

SidX

Grandmaster
Anyone else feel like New Magincia is just plain stupid? OSI had a storyline event on their servers that destroyed Magincia (one of my favorite cities) so the fact that it's destroyed on this server really has nothing to do with the UOF story..

I could say the same about Old Haven but that's a whole different topic.. plus this is obviously Fel-only so it wouldn't matter.

I used to love walking around Magincia. Is it even possible to bring it back? I'd assume the only way would be to have it manually rebuilt but I'd say it's worth it.

Thryn

Adept
I agree. I really do miss the old Magincia. Plus here, we don't even use the available house plots. It's just an empty void with nothing useful there at all. A public moongate that leads to a worthless city. Bring back the old Magincia map! :)

Staff

Young Player Help
It is part of the map. We've actually been thinking about turning new magincia into a type of player town and charging rent.

SidX

Grandmaster
It is part of the map. We've actually been thinking about turning new magincia into a type of player town and charging rent.

aa55cfb36d05ec5786887db184116fd351f348d3bfad985a9d29b0fabbd72857.jpg

Don Key

Master
There should be rules though.

Can we set up a player run town, complete with a HoA that the townsfolk can vote on and be a part of the board of directors. Last thing we need is an ugly town and I've seen some hideous custom house designs. But also some pretty amazing designs.

SidX

Grandmaster
There should be rules though.

Can we set up a player run town, complete with a HoA that the townsfolk can vote on and be a part of the board of directors. Last thing we need is an ugly town and I've seen some hideous custom house designs. But also some pretty amazing designs.
I would vote for NO custom houses in a player-run town. People would just design the most heinous homes with all different wall types, waterfall tiles and mismatching doors. Classic house styles only, make it look legit.

Don Key

Master
I would vote for NO custom houses in a player-run town. People would just design the most heinous homes with all different wall types, waterfall tiles and mismatching doors. Classic house styles only, make it look legit.

You must not know what an HoA is.

If the customs are ugly they would be voted to be condemned by the association.

I'd love this i was thinking of making it to an orc specific down where everyone in the city speaks only orc. And if your not a fucking Orc you are flagged. and a dungeon that lead into the orc cave and the orc zones.

Implement elves, and make it and elf town :)

SidX

Grandmaster
Even if Magincia is rebuilt as a new town, it should be FFA in my mind. Buc's is cool but it gets old, plus it's a ***** to PvP or attack there because everyone just runs in and out of the teleporter by the healer until you give up.

C

Carl

Pretty much what Adam said above. We want to turn it into basically "Luna" a city ran by players like a Bazaar where everyone can place their vendors etc. We haven't fully had a lot of time to discuss this yet but we will have more information posted soon enough.

Don Key

Master
That was my point though. It will end up being 90% ugly ass housing unless there is a way to force standards.

If it is only classic housing I love the idea. Or pre approved custom designs.