(ORCS) The PK guild this game NEEDS

hubcap

Grandmaster
I was trolling despise searching through garbage piles, when I got the dreaded "being perfectly rested you shove something invisible out of the way" message.

Means only one thing.
Nefarious behaviour.

After about 9 milliseconds of resistance, I was smoked.

What was awesome, was not only the skill they showed tracking, and cornering me.....
They didnt COMPLETELY loot me.
Just regs, gold, and fire horn.

While I was accosted by 4, it didnt feel like a lamer zerg at all.
Showed skill.
And coordination..
AND they werent taking everything but bones just because they could.

Want people to stick around and want to also encourage PKing?

These are the ones you want to support.

THATS what its all about.

Dimok

Master
Yep, orcs are awesome. You can even get them to not kill ya if you say the right thing early enough. Although when they do kill ya, they leave ya regs and don't dry loot. There are so many douchebag pk guilds (and POS guilds that come snag a champ spawn your guild cleared up to champ) that when you find a pk guild like orcs you say "well that wasn't so bad".
It all comes down to the argument that PK'ing isn't the issue, it's the terrible people behind the keyboard ruining the experience.

hubcap

Grandmaster
Best type of pks, That and solo. Never had a problem being pked, but when it is 10+ vs 1 all hitting EB, that gets old.
This is my feeling, as well.
Now that Im on my feet, losing a few things doesnt get me all "Betty White."

Getting zerged by 10 and having your corpse vultured by skill-less mob-style attackers, sort of, lessens the integrity of pvp, imo.
Youre just pissed when you lose.

But these cave dwelling, zit-faced, gibbersh-speaking ORCS?
Showing skill and coordination in their attacks and kills?
Its FUN to combat with them, if that makes sense.

They know whatsup.
They do it with style and skill. and class.

MadNezz

Master
As a Pker in a past life...one day here when i get my gold/housing right, I get jumped by 2-4 reds at once in good farming spots. Usually I get away, but when i don't usually i just lose bandies, sometimes regs. And get a rez. It's good etiquette. I only take what I need when I had a red (soon baby, soon). I think most reds here are players from back in the day like most of us and most don't take garbage (the stuff us PvMers are using). So far this shard has been great. Not that it would matter if i got stripped to the bone each death, that's the risk vs reward baby!

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I've had a similar experience Madnezz, never really lose a whole lot of anything when getting PK'd, which is all good and dandy.. The occasional death from a PK is an inconvenience. I think the biggest frustration people have is that end game content, Champs in particular, you could spend an hour with a small group, or more, getting up to 12 candles, pop a boss, and a zerg PK group will sit in the shadows, wait till he dies, then kill you, and loot any power scrolls or other high end rewards you may get. It feels like you've lost an hour or more worth of work. And that's just a guild being an opportunist, not wanting to do the work themselves. I think the single PK's, or small groups of 3-4 are all pretty decent, and generally you'll get a rez from them too.

The Orcs however, they are the bomb, because they all stealth in with horrible archer templates, and could mostly be killed 1v1, but the spring from the shadows, and you die before you have a chance to react, and it makes you laugh.. because they call you 'upid oomie and leave your stuff there...And if you can get Tribute out quick enough, and have something to give them they'll often let you live..

hubcap

Grandmaster
The Orcs however, they are the bomb, because they all stealth in with horrible archer templates, and could mostly be killed 1v1, but the spring from the shadows, and you die before you have a chance to react, and it makes you laugh.. because they call you 'upid oomie and leave your stuff there...And if you can get Tribute out quick enough, and have something to give them they'll often let you live..

pretty much nailed it.
you die, sure. but you laugh your ass off in the process.

they nuked me at the entrance of Khaldun and demanded I say the password to open the gate.
lol

good times.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I've seen some of the Warg riders, it's a scary thing when they are chasing your steed, the hot breath from their wargs nostrils, warming the backside as I flee to safety! No doubt, hide the women and children when they come to town, or they'll not be there to come home to!

Ranker

Master
I've had a similar experience Madnezz, never really lose a whole lot of anything when getting PK'd, which is all good and dandy.. The occasional death from a PK is an inconvenience. I think the biggest frustration people have is that end game content, Champs in particular, you could spend an hour with a small group, or more, getting up to 12 candles, pop a boss, and a zerg PK group will sit in the shadows, wait till he dies, then kill you, and loot any power scrolls or other high end rewards you may get. It feels like you've lost an hour or more worth of work. And that's just a guild being an opportunist, not wanting to do the work themselves. I think the single PK's, or small groups of 3-4 are all pretty decent, and generally you'll get a rez from them too.

Agree 100%. I don't even care to do champs and stuff because of that very fact. i don't mind being pked when farming solo but doing a 1 - 2 hour champ just to die to a zerg guild and lose out on PS and such is just not worth it. I mine as well farm lesser stuff and save to buy said items. Take a lot less time and a lot less stress.