Ore elemental item destruction, mining gloves, and you.

Bromista

Grandmaster
My naked mule (except for mining gloves, obviously) has had +5 mining gloves and +3 mining gloves destroyed by ore elementals when using gargoyle picks.

Please, for the love of jesus, put and end to this nonsense. Mining gloves are hard as fuck to come by and I'm getting shit returns for 120+ mining as it is. Either that or allow legendary miners to one shot a pile of valorite ore. With 110 mining and +5 gloves I could one shot a pile of valorite, but I need +3 gloves at 120 to one shot the same pile. None of this makes a bit of sense and I'm a little sour over it.

Any adjustments made would be greatly appreciated.

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
Gargoyle's pickaxe are the worst items ever created.

They'd actually be pretty cool if the golems skinned for 20+ ore like they do on OSI.

Way back when I originally planned out my 6 characters I made a mage/miner/smith specifically for mining and rare golems. Imagine my surprise when they dropped 3 ore and skinned for nothing.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Valo elems drop 25 ore, but they are immune to magic and wreck your armor and weapon, so you would need a miner/tamer to kill them... and still if you had, their poison would eat your pets.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Valo elems drop 25 ore, but they are immune to magic and wreck your armor and weapon, so you would need a miner/tamer to kill them... and still if you had, their poison would eat your pets.

Killed 3 of these guys, and they drop 200-400 gold and 2 or 3 of their ore. currently the worst MOB in the game to kill. There is no reward for the difficulty.

on a side not anyone ever killed a magnetite elemental? found one of these in shame the other day. auto dispels, auto reflects all magic, and reflects all physical damage. also cant use all kill to get pets to attack, had to use all guard me. the only thing that damaged it was when a poison elemental I had provoked on it managed to poison it. got it down a quarter of its life but after 4 more poison elementals failed to repeat the poisoning it was almost full life again so I recalled out.

Lavos

Master
A few months ago I heard someone asking about magnetite ore, so I assume at least one magnetite elemental has been killed. I wonder if it can be smelted into magnetite ingots.

Anyone know if these guys are spawned by the gargoyle pickaxes, or are they a rare spawn with regular elementals as placeholders?

Bromista

Grandmaster
A couple things to clear up:

1. Ore elementals can destroy fully repaired armor/weapons in one shot. I had never received one single hp of damage with my +3 gloves and they were destroyed the very first hit. +5 gloves were also at full repair when they were destroyed. I even used powder of fortification. I did everything right.

2. Mining in town is not an option for a number of reasons, chiefly that there aren't many good veins in town. Also there isn't a town one screen from my house.

3. I often times use prospectors tools and garg pixes in conjunction with one another (which was the +3 incident) but even if I'm hitting a verite vein I actually want to use a garg pick to spawn a valorite elemental so that I may get an easy 25 extra valorite out of the deal (+5 incident). Valorite eles go down in a hurry to dexers, whereas it takes two tamers 30 minutes to kill one. I'm talking I kill them in one minute or less which is a big deal because I swear to jesus that verite vein outside my has been nerfed or something. I don't get squat out of it anymore and I used to get pulls of ten or more val on a regular basis. Now I am lucky to get 6 with 120 mining.

In the end I have tons of ingots and am otherwise financially well off. I know I said I'm sour and I am, but I'm also thinking about the up and comers and how crushing of a blow it would be to lose your equipment in this manner.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Ya, there is no doubt that is sucks to lose mining gloves in a single hit. but that's the risk you take using them with your garg pick axe. Maybe in the future take those off when using the garg pick axe.

I'm guessing that ore elementals spawned with garg pick axe must be different than those that spawn in shame. the Val elementals I killed were natural spawns in shame 3.

on a side not. I got +5 and +3 gloves I can sell you.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yes Mess, it looks like in the future I will be mining sans gloves and equipping them only to smelt. It's gonna be a little bit of a pain but such is life.

And I do appreciate the offer! However I'm just gonna turn in a bunch of weapon deeds until I get another pair of +3's. I'll get more prospector's tools and gargoyle picks in the process so no sweat.

I'm still wtfing over the whole can't one shot a pile of val at 120 mining unless you're wearing gloves thing, but you can at 110 with gloves on. Makes no sense!

Messremb

Grandmaster
ya, I Paged is asking if the +3 gloves were working as intended. seems strange that +3 gloves allow Stack smelling on all ore types but +5s don't, but carl said that's whats intended.

on a side note stack smelting works at GM with +3 gloves. don't ask me why but it does.

Lavos

Master
I'm still wtfing over the whole can't one shot a pile of val at 120 mining unless you're wearing gloves thing, but you can at 110 with gloves on. Makes no sense!

Odd things seem to happen at 120 for a few skills - I'm convinced I am getting a lot fewer MIB's overall at 120 fishing compared to 110/115, I never recorded any MIB/hr though so it could just be confirmation bias.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Interesting, and frustrating.

Also wtf on the +3 mining gloves and GM?? It's like if you have mining gloves the game shits itself, OMGNOWAI!!!1!1

Gedron

Master
I wanted to give this a bump. I lost my +5 gloves in 1 shot to an ore ele last night. This is out of hand :mad:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Booo.

I'm still doing my 'leave the gloves off until it's time to smelt' tactic. I'm not really sure if the +3 or +5 makes any real difference when hitting the vein but assuming it does it's not worth risking the loss.

Lost another pair of +3's the other day but only because they were an extra pair I didn't have any need for. They had a good run, I probly took 10 hits from val eles before losing this pair.

I suppose this is part of the reason that the gloves are worth anything,. but i'm going to agree it's a bit crazy the elementals destroy your gear as fast as they do.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah and another big part of why this was a problem was the fact that gloves were so hard to get before the recent change to the quality of BOD drops. +5 gloves aren't going to be as hard to get anymore so that's a plus.

Gedron

Master
Yeah I should have just sold it and been done with it. Dammit! This is why we can't have nice things!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk