PC Rare Book?

Raging

Master
So I got this book the other day off a mob, was an off color and was not something I had ever seen on that type of monster before... Also can not edit the book.

Never saw one on forums so had me wondering if it was worth anything.

l994LQF.png

AlyM

Grandmaster
I'm not 100% sure but it appears that someone probably editted a normal book and then when they died the mob picked it off their corpse (You've seen it - *Rummages through corpse and takes an item*) ... I mean, there's a chance its rare but I doubt it.

Although the "cannot edit the book" part throws me off... Hmm? I recall there being a way to stop a book from being edited but how...

Dellan

Grandmaster
There was a way to lock a book with something scribes made.. Not sure what it was. Speaking of books, do mobs in Khaldun drop Khaldun journals?

Raging

Master
I'm not 100% sure but it appears that someone probably editted a normal book and then when they died the mob picked it off their corpse (You've seen it - *Rummages through corpse and takes an item*) ... I mean, there's a chance its rare but I doubt it.

Although the "cannot edit the book" part throws me off... Hmm? I recall there being a way to stop a book from being edited but how...

Just stopped being lazy to check where it came from... Its a drop off at the very least the Betrayer and is an uncommon... not some elaborate book redone by a player... still don't know what it is worth, but I will just throw it in a house at the very least.

jorge

Novice
You can find these types of books on NPC bookshelves. The Brit mage shop comes to mind. I'm pretty sure they can be stolen off the bookshelf.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah i got alot of book drops. Also on a side note. Not alot of people knew this but if you typed enough words into a book it started to spawn in the world

FAMARA

Grandmaster

LOL.................

anyways, these come from trash piles, that you double click in dungeons, or from book shelves, they are implemented all over ultima online, some are actually quite funny to read.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah I never get any of the good stuff. But I have bought plenty of it fro player vendors on the cheap ;)