Pet Combo question

Kith kannen

Master
I see mostly WW/Dragon are there any other good combos ? What are some of the strengths of Beatles /Mares and weaknesses are some of the pets better vs pks etc??

gofer

Grandmaster
2 WWs permit you to ride an ethy/live mount (horse, etc) as each WW takes up 2 control slots. Personally, I like 2 WWs as they are, at times, better for pk jumps/pvp given that they are more caster oriented and most are not foolish enough to play pattycake with a dragon and his firebreath.

1 Drag + 1 Mare works as its double the firebreath (though a mare's only does max 25 damage per breath). The convenience here is that you can hop on the mare after a kill and keep moving unlike with a WW and Drag. The mare has less mana and hp though so keep that in mind.

On OSI, two mares worked at times depending on the content. Experiment and see what you find most comfortable. Your WW is burst oriented and a Drag is your tank/sustained dps. It comes down to preference and the content tbh.

EDIT: Rune Beetles (Death Beetles here) were very nice on OSI given their high dex and poison. Coupled with a mare it was a good combo. Here on UOF, I heard feeding them is a pain in the butt and they are not as quick as on OSI. Overall, the consensus for the beetle seems to be ehh...

DragonxBC

Grandmaster
max firebreath on mare is 26 dmg if its hp stats is 520+ my mare does 26 dmg all the time, max for dragon is 41 fire breath.
for pvp you cant beat dragon/ mare combo.
For pvm and if your a provoke tamer, 2 wryms is best since you can ride a mount and dont need to heal the wrym so much to keep hp up for max firebreath dmg.

2 mares for pvp is decent too you can stay mounted and they got pack instinct do 25% more melee dmg and magic, but not firebreath dmg.

Trades

Adept
but once ww's run out of mana they r useless??? and r also harder to control unless ur 110 lore
also didn't think they had firebreath.

DragonxBC

Grandmaster
but once ww's run out of mana they r useless??? and r also harder to control unless ur 110 lore
also didn't think they had firebreath.
they dont have friebreath is why i said you dont have to keep their hp up for friebreath becuz they dont have it , i guess my wording was a bit off.

WW does great melee dmg, if their mana runs out that perfectly ok, if your a provoke tamer you get dmg output from provoking mobs onto each other, the pets are just used for aggro control.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I see mostly WW/Dragon are there any other good combos ? What are some of the strengths of Beatles /Mares and weaknesses are some of the pets better vs pks etc??

I run with twin night bears a lot of the time… is says the have a unique pack instinct, not sure what that does?

gofer

Grandmaster
I run with twin night bears a lot of the time… is says the have a unique pack instinct, not sure what that does?

Animals with a pack instinct in common and in combat together have +25% damage (I believe it is 25%). Mares have "Equine" pack instinct, etc.

anoob

Novice

I wonder if there is an added "unique instinct bonus" for the custom tames like thoes.. or was the unique aspect a mistake on the poster's end???

anoob

Novice
This was a response to your question

There seems to be a misunderstanding. Im aware of the pack instincts... but the original poster seems to be implying that his custom nightbear etc.. is saying a unique instinct... as in different than the regular pack instinct

*EDIT*I now see that you were the one to type the unique instinct. could you clarify what you mean? or was it just the pack instinct terminology used incorrectly?

Lexington

Grandmaster
There seems to be a misunderstanding. Im aware of the pack instincts... but the original poster seems to be implying that his custom nightbear etc.. is saying a unique instinct... as in different than the regular pack instinct

*EDIT*I now see that you were the one to type the unique instinct. could you clarify what you mean? or was it just the pack instinct terminology used incorrectly?

I can't give you any details as to what the unique instinct is all I know is what it says when I lore it.... Gofer figured it was the damage bonus??

anoob

Novice
I'm not sure.. i've never seen it say unique instinct before.. if someone knows more about that it would be great to confirm if it is any different or better than regular pack instinct

Lexington

Grandmaster
I can't give you any details as to what the unique instinct is all I know is what it says when I lore it.... Gofer figured it was the damage bonus??

Sorry....... I just checked the pack instinct is "Equine" my mistake. I still don't know what that means ??

eppy

Grandmaster
Sorry....... I just checked the pack instinct is "Equine" my mistake. I still don't know what that means ??

The pack instinct name doesnt matter. What matters is that the name matches your other pet. Two equine instincts get pack bonus. Two unique instincts get bonus. One unique and one equine do not. etc etc