Pet skill loss is impossible to work with.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Ok.. so I have been attempting to keep my pets skills up.

I have been so careful to work them attempting to gain any losses that I get from getting pk d or from taking on more spawn then my pets can handle.

It can not be done.

I train pets for hours.

I buy up scrolls.

This isn't fun any more guys. :(

One death undoes any gains and then some.

There are griefers who kill me and then promply kills my pets. (Thanks jenny jugs)

Resist and magery are set up for failure for pets.

Happy hunts all.. I hope the GM's can and will fix this for all of us tamers who only care to pvm.

One of the biggest reasons I hardly log in anymore.....

girana

Grandmaster
there are TONS of good spots to farm out were you gone never see a PK/Pet kill or you can escape very easy.

Just dont farm semi afk if you care about your Pets.

lollo

Grandmaster
Proof please?

Sorry man, this is like your claims of 100k an hour.

still offering a mil for that one BTW

Oh and they were fresh tames for my second and third tamers. See the difference? [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I can record myself farming For 1h and making more than 100k

Or you can follow me around. For 1m of course.

Also, mana vamp spam your pet in q dungeon with 3 mages and you'll go from 80 to gm in 2 Hours lol

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Just imagine if there were no skill scrolls, then there would be a bigger reason to stand outside UOF HQ, pitch forks and torches at the ready..

You know, this is what really makes me smile about the whole situation on UOForever. Many changes have applied to a few select classes / game styles and the same old conversation always pops up. Imagine yourself for just one moment that you have had to endure changes ranging back over a decade until your class is has been modified so drastically that it becomes relatively pointless to play. Take the thief for example, no other class in the entire history of Ultima Online, maybe even the entirety of the on line gaming world, has been changed so much.

The introduction of safe zones, easier and instantly get guard wacked, permanently grey even on failed attempts, kicked from the thieves guild if you are counted, takes one week and 48 hours of in game time to join the thieves guild (I do approve of this though), unable to give murder counts, judged because you steal items and also considered a thief in the real world, blessed items prevent stealing, stolen items returned on death, tracking works with 0 skill, anything over 10 stones are safe, locked boxes prevent thieves from stealing..... The list goes on... Even PK's are not punished like thieves.

But there is one thing the thief can do that NO OTHER CLASS CAN and that is, ADAPT to the vast majority of changes thrown our way . Okay, some of us will illustrate our displeasure to changes, some of us get it wrong sometimes *holds hand up* but never do you see a thread like this with so many pages long.

"But Dark, you do not lose anything on death when you die..." ARE you frigging kidding me? You try tracking a player for hours, sometimes weeks to grab that special item that would look fantastic locked down in your house, only for something to happen beyond your control *this happens a lot* and you fail on the attempt, do you REALLY understand frustration? I know for a fact, if you don't or never have used a thief, you have absolutely no idea how that feels.

There is room for change with tamers, but please understand, you guys have the most content *I think* compared to all the other classes combined..

Can we please get a Thief relic or maybe a thief power scroll up to 120, preeeeeeettttttyyyyyy pleassseeeeeeeeeeeeee??????????????

aIck

Grandmaster
Anyone complaining about pet skill loss needs a firm slap in the face, a
recall macro and to stop afking while farming.

lollo

Grandmaster
99% of pet death caused by that

...or by $ assholes killing them by calling in 3 pets every time?

Btw, good job ganking me at barracoon 4v1, how the fuck could Stainless Steel get killed 4v1 lol

Oh, and we still got the PS and relic so good job on the raid, especially all of you dying to barracoon lol

lollo

Grandmaster
call in yourself to kill $ pets ?

Because every guild has 5 no lifer tamers on 24/7 in every timezone right?

No.

Not that i care now that my meta is lvl 7 and resets, But i admit that pissed me off when it was lvl 6

Btw, bring my congratulations to stainless steel. I still can't fathom How He failed to heal a mage dump with 3 other people attacking me lol

Stormy

Expert
When I started here, a few years back, when a pet died, it lost skills.
You could retrain them back up.
I ask that it go back to the way it was.
Only magery and resist skills are the ones that are impossible to retrain.
I have a panic key to recall with, and I have hot keys for all guard, all kill, I use all of these things.
I accept that I will die at times. I just find it hard to accept that I can not regain my pets skills back .
How are you training them or in this case attempting to retrain Magery & Resist back on your pets?

De Medici

Grandmaster
Stat loss is ok but 1% is waaay to much. I stoped playing my tamer because its to stressfull. Meta Dexxer is way more chilled. Even faction pvp is less stress to me than training his meta.

Cinder

Master
How are you training them or in this case attempting to retrain Magery & Resist back on your pets?
I farm with them... I love to farm with guildies, new players and do champs.

Not enough time to spend just casting on them to regain skills.ll lol.. life keeps me to busy! :)

Only way they maintain a decent skill lvl is to buy scrolls when I can find them, which gets very expensive!!

I am open to advice on getting the skills up if any one has it!

Happy hunts all! :)

AssHat

Grandmaster
@eppy .... this is another reason why pet balls are kept on people and not in the bank.... so much pet skill loss....

1 instead of 10 stones!!!

** sorry off topic

Stormy

Expert
I farm with them... I love to farm with guildies, new players and do champs.

Not enough time to spend just casting on them to regain skills.ll lol.. life keeps me to busy! :)

Only way they maintain a decent skill lvl is to buy scrolls when I can find them, which gets very expensive!!

I am open to advice on getting the skills up if any one has it!

Happy hunts all! :)
PM me. I have the perfect but confidential solution that your'e going to love! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.