Pet skill loss is impossible to work with.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastyy

Apprentice
It should be changed from 1% -> 1 point.

Maybe this should apply to non faction players then but with a greater increase in cost to resurrect the pet. Surely it must be cheaper than skill scrolls *Can't believe I am trying to help tamers here.. Must be going soft..*

This.

Adramelech

Master
How much skill loss does a pet receive? I remember vaguely reading somewhere it use to be 1 point and then changed to 1% or is it vice versa? or none of that? and whats the max magery/resist on a pet until you can't raise it anymore?

They made it -1% lost from all skills on here a while back, compared to the .1 point lost from all skills on traditional UO, so a pretty big hike up.

Honestly to the OP I gave up this fight and made a meta dexer a long time ago when I found out pretty much everyone here, including a good portion of the staff hates Tamers. Less cost, much less potential for griefing, and same or better performance in most situations.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
They made it -1% lost from all skills on here a while back, compared to the .1 point lost from all skills on traditional UO, so a pretty big hike up.

Honestly to the OP I gave up this fight and made a meta dexer a long time ago when I found out pretty much everyone here, including a good portion of the staff hates Tamers. Less cost, much less potential for griefing, and same or better performance in most situations.

I always got the impression that Tamers are liked more than any other class on UOForever by the staff here. I mean, take a look at the content these guys have compared to any other class. The issue really is finding a balance that pisses people off the least.

asics

Grandmaster
Maybe giving a taming-lore PS or taming SS refresh more

105 PS 5 pets skill points
110 PS 10 pets skill points
115 PS 15 pets skill points
Taming SS :

Of each skill of ur pets..so these PS willxhave again a value?

@eppy

Malkraven

Grandmaster

Honestly to the OP I gave up this fight and made a meta dexer a long time ago when I found out pretty much everyone here, including a good portion of the staff hates Tamers..

are you fucking kidding me? UOF is the most tamer friendly server ive ever seen. you have - OP meta pets, OP relics, stun tamers, fast moving pets, cheap pet ball charges, an option to take no skill loss

lollo

Grandmaster
Lvl 7 metas get a skill refresh every 2m exp, i give zero shits when mine dies, i don't even use pet ball charges 95% of The time.

And by The time my meta reaches 2m exp i still always have around 110 magery, which is more than enough

Quit complaining

God.RG

Grandmaster

LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL @ "staff hates tamers"
gtfo with that shit.

Ok.. so I have been attempting to keep my pets skills up.

I have been so careful to work them attempting to gain any losses that I get from getting pk d or from taking on more spawn then my pets can handle.

It can not be done.

I train pets for hours.

I buy up scrolls.

This isn't fun any more guys. :(

One death undoes any gains and then some.

There are griefers who kill me and then promply kills my pets. (Thanks jenny jugs)

Resist and magery are set up for failure for pets.

Happy hunts all.. I hope the GM's can and will fix this for all of us tamers who only care to pvm.

Yes! I completely agree!
I think we should remove pet skill loss, it's useless and I am tired to having to spend time retraining my pets.
Also, why don't meta pets hurt other players as much as they hurt mobs? That's plain stupid! I don't train my pets all day and all night just for killing blood elementals.. I want them to be able to kill players as well!

What would be great as well is if we were able to get more pet slots, this way I could train and use 2 (maybe 3!!) at once! Now, THAT would be epic.

I hope to see these changes implemented ASAP so please staff, PM me your paypal accounts!

All the best,

Your fellow tamer.

tankian

Grandmaster
Looks like the only people that dont support removing pet skill loss are the ones that do all the pet killing and griefing, i guess it wouldn't be fun for them if pets didn't lose skill upon death.
I suggest something like what was just implemented on the dono vendor that increases loyalty but this one will increase skill gain by a small %
@eppy @Shane @JoeB

Last edited by a moderator:

God.RG

Grandmaster
Looks like the only people that dont support removing pet skill loss are the ones that do all the pet killing and griefing, i guess it wouldn't be fun for them if pets didn't lose skill upon death.
I suggest something like what was just implemented on the dono vendor that increases loyalty but this one will increase skill gain by a small %
@eppy @Shane @JoeB
obviously all of the tamers are going to want pet skill loss to disappear out of nowhere.. you seem intelligent, don't be dumb.

tankian

Grandmaster
obviously all of the tamers are going to want pet skill loss to disappear out of nowhere.. you seem intelligent, don't be dumb.
Meta dexxers and factioners dont have skill loss so why not do something about pets. Dono item that will increase gains

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Looks like the only people that dont support removing pet skill loss are the ones that do all the pet killing and griefing, i guess it wouldn't be fun for them if pets didn't lose skill upon death

The thing is my man, there has to be some sort of penalty otherwise meta-pets would be WAY more overpowered to what they are currently. Removing the penalty completely would most likely create a sh..... faeces storm and have many others complaining about their class having penalties in some way or form and demand said penalties be removed also. It would just cause even more aggro and less time resolving more important issues.

Sorry bud, but there really needs to be a balance.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Meta dexxers and factioners dont have skill loss so why not do something about pets. Dono item that will increase gains
LOLOLOLOL
you win the award for "WORST FUCKING IDEA IN THE THREAD"

factioners have SEVERELY decreased pet follow speed, ALL GUARD doesn't work properly, and can get attacked by any of the other three factions PLUS reds.

..rofl. a donation item.

you want a 7x gm super pokemon with no skill loss? get outta here with that shit.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I personally think there have been too many things added which will always create controversy and be a complete ***** to balance out.

tankian

Grandmaster
The thing is my man, there has to be some sort of penalty otherwise meta-pets would be WAY more overpowered to what they are currently. Removing the penalty completely would most likely create a sh..... faeces storm and have many others complaining about their class having penalties in some way or form and demand said penalties be removed also. It would just cause even more aggro and less time resolving more important issues.

Sorry bud, but there really needs to be a balance.
Didn't say remove it. I said add dono item to help increase skill gains by a small percentage

tankian

Grandmaster
LOLOLOLOL
you win the award for "WORST FUCKING IDEA IN THE THREAD"

factioners have SEVERELY decreased pet follow speed, ALL GUARD doesn't work properly, and can get attacked by any of the other three factions PLUS reds.

..rofl. a donation item.

you want a 7x gm super pokemon with no skill loss? get outta here with that shit.
Evidently you can't read. I didn't say remove. I said add dono item to increase skill gains

God.RG

Grandmaster
do you understand how dumb that idea sounds?
do you realize the problems that will cause? even more so than now, with tamers crying at every corner even though that have pretty close to unstoppable OP pets?

you add a "dono item to increase pet skill gain," then the server is now officially p2w in some eyes.
you may want that, but not many other people do. this server was supposedly "against" p2w.

tankian

Grandmaster
do you understand how dumb that idea sounds?
do you realize the problems that will cause? even more so than now, with tamers crying at every corner even though that have pretty close to unstoppable OP pets?
Unstoppable my ass, you guys come in 5-20 people deep and ebolt rail and then either kill the pets or mobs will

God.RG

Grandmaster
Unstoppable my ass, you guys cime in 5-20 people deep and ebolt rail and then either kill the pets or mobs will
you guys? don't associate me with the nerds that feel the need to roll 2-10 deep to kill tamers and bards..
either way, there are ways around dying.. move more. don't go to high traffic areas. etc etc etc.. you're not a noob, you should know these things. but for some reason i feel like you're the type that wants to farm in deceit/shame 5 for an hour and blame it on someone else when you die.

Status
Not open for further replies.