PET SPEED CHANGE

tankian

Grandmaster
Ok i swear since then new pet speed changed went into effect my meta dragon hits super slow when attacking mobs. i can understand changing the follow speed in pvp but now my dragon is not enjoyable to use in pvm. its total garbage now, i dont even feel like hunting/farming now. which means i will probably log in less now. Why couldnt pet speed be reduced only towards players and not mobs.
And all these pvp guys will come in here and say stop crying but they are the ones that cried first. most times they get the upper hand on tamers anyway, but let them die one time from someones pet and they complain.

@eppy
@Shane
@Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Uh oh, disgruntled tamers incoming. Picket lines constructed, protest boards demanding change, riot police holding signs stating that "Everything will be okay" while preparing tear gas canisters to make sure everything will be okay..

On a serious note, this will probably be changed as time goes on.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Looooooooool holy shit you weren't kidding. I was goofing off on 4G earlier and shit just always looks a little slow and jittery so I kinda dismissed it as not that bad of a change but now that I'm home...

This is hilarious haha. I'd hate to be farming with regular pets right now. Anything but a meta with relics must be a sad sight.

girana

Grandmaster
yeah pet speed suxx hard these days while hunting elder gazors in hy i even recall from cage to cage because they move soooo slow

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Ok i swear since then new pet speed changed went into effect my meta dragon hits super slow when attacking mobs. i can understand changing the follow speed in pvp but now my dragon is not enjoyable to use in pvm. its total garbage now, i dont even feel like hunting/farming now. which means i will probably log in less now. Why couldnt pet speed be reduced only towards players and not mobs.
And all these pvp guys are come in here and say stop crying but they are the ones that cried first. most times they get the upper hand on tamers anyway, but let them die one time from someones pet and they complain.

@eppy
@Shane
@Adam

I agree with you . Most of the players that cry for pet speed change come from a particular guild .

When this group of players wipe out 13+ PvMers ( a guild with full of decent PvM tamers ) and took over their neira champ with 9-10 PKS ( small area ) , they realize Pets arent actually OP in PvP .

On the other hand , when they lose to a certain group of 4 tamers with almost triple the numbers at times , they claim Pets are OP and want pet speed nerf .

The most senseless change imo is faction pet speed and a non-factioned player pet speed being the same currently .

Isnt this actually promoting faction tamer pvp when the whole idea of faction pvp was not to include tamers ?

@eppy @Adam @Shane @JoeB @JennaL @halygon @Swayze

Last edited by a moderator:

StegcO

Grandmaster
When this group of players wipe out 13+ PvMers ( a guild with full of decent PvM tamers ) and took over their neira champ with 9-10 PKS , they realize Pets arent actually OP in PvP .

On the other hand , when they lose to a certain group of 4 tamers with almost triple the numbers at times , they claim Pets are OP and want pet speed nerf.

Bobby found the real problem, and it's not the speed of pets.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Kyrie Irving?

You wanna talk about a higher power being with someone, it's gotta be with the guy who sealed the deal to bring a title back to Cleveland last night.

The longest drought of an American professional sports city is over. Sup, Milwaukee?

And all these pvp guys will come in here and say stop crying but they are the ones that cried first. most times they get the upper hand on tamers anyway, but let them die one time from someones pet and they complain.

@eppy
@Shane
@Adam
Pretty obviously that its abusable if it is not the same speed for everyone in all situations - being a vet, how can you even comprehend different? Sure the change was probably brought to the GMs attention by PvPers, but the issue was clearly created when they made pets so stupid fast in the first place. Before it changed, I know I had been chased by tamers before and with pets that keep up at full run (yes they did), it was too OP. Split the shit up like they tried to do between PvP and PvM and you get unbalance. Keep all the pet speed at a fast pace and you get unbalance. Slow down all pets in all situations and voila - balance.

I get your world has been rocked and you have to adjust to a mechanic - but really hasn't most of the shard been adjusting to tamer mechanics and pets since 2013? Give it up buttercup.

tankian

Grandmaster
As of right now we all own slugs. A dexxer with no talisman or relics armed with a slayer weapon could kill a daemon faster than it did my meta dragon can right now

tankian

Grandmaster
Pretty obviously that its abusable if it is not the same speed for everyone in all situations - being a vet, how can you even comprehend different? Sure the change was probably brought to the GMs attention by PvPers, but the issue was clearly created when they made pets so stupid fast in the first place. Before it changed, I know I had been chased by tamers before and with pets that keep up at full run (yes they did), it was too OP. Split the shit up like they tried to do between PvP and PvM and you get unbalance. Keep all the pet speed at a fast pace and you get unbalance. Slow down all pets in all situations and voila - balance.

I get your world has been rocked and you have to adjust to a mechanic - but really hasn't most of the shard been adjusting to tamer mechanics and pets since 2013? Give it up buttercup.
Thats why i suggested only reducing speed vs players i guess you didn't even read pass the first line

StegcO

Grandmaster
Kyrie Irving?
You wanna talk about a higher power being with someone, it's gotta be with the guy who sealed the deal to bring a title back to Cleveland last night.
The longest drought of an American professional sports city is over. Sup, Milwaukee?

lol I don't follow basketball :D

Seriously, except joke, I think tamer template was nerfed too much with this speed decrese.

I know, everyone know, it's very difficult to balance all the template (remembering that a MetaTamer with metapet lvl7 with all relic cost a lot of kk, can't be compared with an ArcherProvo) and my word is only my opinion not an accusation to Staff or even other player/guild.

But I'm here to say my opinion and I want to making an example:

If you go to Britain Cemetry and listen to what newbie say you'll have more or less this situation:

* Provocation is useless skill in pvm
* EnergyVortex need to be banned spell because with two EV you can clean all the Cemetry
* Taming is useless because an Archer with three arrow make more damage than 5 tamed Deer
* PK need to be permantly statted because is not fair that a PVP template can fight against a PVM template
ecc ecc ecc

I hope my point of view is now clear, i hope now my reply

"Bobby found the real problem, and it's not the speed of pets."

have more sense now :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
I believe that I am now more confused with how you got there but I agree with what you are saying in the end.